IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

my pet peave, whats yours?

Old 12-31-06, 11:41 PM
Torii
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default my pet peave, whats yours?

I hate hitting the homelink button on my rear view mirror by pressing up on button 1 to only have my mirror get pushed out of normal view and aimed at my sunroof.

wish the mirror was a bit stiffer so I could use this feature without my rear view mirror ending up facing the wrong direction.

whats your peave?
Old 01-01-07, 12:01 AM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe you are pressing it to hard?

I have number 3 programed, dont know why just programed that button. Never had a problem with the mirror shifting.

Maybe position 3 would be better??
Old 01-01-07, 12:18 AM
mlee21
Lexus Test Driver

not having the "track" and "cd" lighting up.. i keep forgetting which one is which, so i always end up changing cd's when i wanted to just fast forward by holding the up arrow for the track side.

Old 01-01-07, 01:02 AM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by vApor21
not having the "track" and "cd" lighting up.. i keep forgetting which one is which, so i always end up changing cd's when i wanted to just fast forward by holding the up arrow for the track side.
Use the steering wheel controls - those are lit. I use those all the time . . .
Old 01-01-07, 07:49 AM
Dabigman
Lead Lap

The lack of scrolling text on the radio makes me want to smack the engineer's face.
Old 01-01-07, 08:32 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Dabigman
The lack of scrolling text on the radio makes me want to smack the engineer's face.
You don't even get to see the whole thing on the navi based radio. You have that beautiful high resolution screen, which puts to shame anything on a portable Sirius or XM unit, but it dispenses information like it had a 16 character display.
Old 01-01-07, 09:24 AM
Sarorn
Driver

I hate having to push the temperature control buttons (up and down) to adjust the temperature. I have to press it about 20 times to adjust from high to low. Would be nice if Lexus came out with a memory feature for temperature controls...same way the memory on the seats work...that'd be awesome!
Old 01-01-07, 09:47 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate that the cruise control buttons don't increment or decrement the speed by 1 MPH for each quick click. My last 3 cars had this feature, but this one doesn't.

Regarding the homelink buttons, I just squeeze the mirror with 2 fingers (index finger on top of the mirror, and thumb on the homelink button) instead of just pushing up on the button.
Old 01-01-07, 09:54 AM
mlee21
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by socalJD
Use the steering wheel controls - those are lit. I use those all the time . . .
you cant fast forward with those.. cuz if you hold it down, it changes to the next CD.
Old 01-01-07, 09:55 AM
mlee21
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Sarorn
I hate having to push the temperature control buttons (up and down) to adjust the temperature. I have to press it about 20 times to adjust from high to low. Would be nice if Lexus came out with a memory feature for temperature controls...same way the memory on the seats work...that'd be awesome!

you can press the voice command and tell what degree of temperature you want. and it will go to it.
Old 01-01-07, 10:32 AM
07Txlex
Pole Position

I hate that my 2nd gen IS rattles more with the exact same audio setup as my 1st gen.. LOL now I have to invest in dynomat and the added weight.. Oh and don't get me started on the lack of bass in the mid frequencies..
Old 01-01-07, 12:00 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't have an IS but I do have an IS pet peeve.

I hate that the sportiest car Lexus offers is too small for big guys. I really tried. I test fitted it over 5 times before getting the G35. I have come to love my G35 but it isn't a Lexus. Everytime I tried getting in the IS, I hit my head on the door sill. Everytime! It felt claustrophobic in there. There was enough leg room but shoulder room is tight as a sardine can. Let's hope there is an IS coupe coming soon with more room.
Old 01-01-07, 12:22 PM
Tony59blue
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Gernby
I hate that the cruise control buttons don't increment or decrement the speed by 1 MPH for each quick click. My last 3 cars had this feature, but this one doesn't.

Regarding the homelink buttons, I just squeeze the mirror with 2 fingers (index finger on top of the mirror, and thumb on the homelink button) instead of just pushing up on the button.

It does have a increment or decrement for the cruise control. After you have it on cruise control push the cruise control up or down to adjust the speed 1 MPH. Hope this helps.
Old 01-01-07, 12:27 PM
bygtimaish
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love my IS but my biggest pet peeve is Manual mode. Its bad enough that the car doesnt come in stick, but its even worse that the manual mode is terrible. Every time i shift up, it takes 3 seconds to change the gear after i've shifted. Wtf. Also, i dont like how it automatically goes into 4th gear no matter how fast or slow your going. Now some of you may say thats a great feature because someone who doenst know how to drive manual might mess up the transmission, but i would hope that if the person does not know how to drive manual, they wouldnt mess around with it in the first place.
Old 01-01-07, 12:32 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony59blue
It does have a increment or decrement for the cruise control. After you have it on cruise control push the cruise control up or down to adjust the speed 1 MPH. Hope this helps.
It doesn't work for me. I've been told that the inc / dec buttons must be held for at least .5 seconds (or something) for it to do anything, but that doesn't really work for me either. They seem to behave like a 20 year old Buick's cruise control.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: my pet peave, whats yours?