IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

my pet peave, whats yours?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-07, 12:50 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i dislike the fact where once i press the audio button it won't stay on that screen to display the cd's track number and name...

i also dislike the armrest..a bit too narrow...i usually like to put my hand on the gear shift **** which sort of puts my elbow in the center of the armrest and when you have a passenger... unless it's a girl (which is okay)... you sometimes get the unintentional uncool guy to guy elbow rub...
Old 01-01-07, 12:58 PM
BlitzIS350
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey batmobile, do you mean when you press the audio button and about 5 or 10 secs later it automatically switched back to the map? if thats the case, there is a function under setup that allows you to have this function turned off. hope that helps.
Old 01-01-07, 01:01 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BlitzIS350
hey batmobile, do you mean when you press the audio button and about 5 or 10 secs later it automatically switched back to the map? if thats the case, there is a function under setup that allows you to have this function turned off. hope that helps.
ah really? learn something everyday. maybe i should play with my car a little more eh? amazing spending 40 g's on something and not know EVERYTHING about it. thanks buddy.

so i guess my only pet peave would be the not so cool elbow rub armrest.
Old 01-01-07, 01:03 PM
BlitzIS350
Pole Position

no prob hope that helps....
Old 01-01-07, 02:07 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Originally Posted by Gernby
It doesn't work for me. I've been told that the inc / dec buttons must be held for at least .5 seconds (or something) for it to do anything, but that doesn't really work for me either. They seem to behave like a 20 year old Buick's cruise control.
No, not hold for 0.5 seconds, just wait 0.5 seconds between inputs. Click up, wait 0.5 sec, click up again get + 2mph. You can't just bat it five times in 2 seconds for 5 mph. If you hold, it will either steady decrease or steady increase. If yours does not do this is it faulty and should be replaced. Even my '88 GTS Corolla did this just fine, and every Toyota I've owned since did it. I use this feature almost everyday I drive and it works exactly as described in the owner's manual.

Oh, my pet peeve - I keep turning the audio off with my knee by accident. The switch is right where I have my knee, and the required pressure is tiny, so I keep bumping it and turning it off unintentionally. I know part of my problem is my seat adjustment, but I like to adjust the seat so my legs are fully extended when I have my feet underneath the pedals on the firewall. It gives me best sensitivity for the foot controls.

Last edited by lobuxracer; 01-01-07 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-01-07, 02:29 PM
r1lee
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts

The first car that I've owned that I've got no where to put change. The ashtray is too deep and you can't remove it to check exactly how much change you need.

What do you guys do? Keep the change on you?
Old 01-01-07, 02:36 PM
MattyL147
Driver

yes u can remove the ashtray...there is a button next to it, and it will rise up so u can take it out...
Old 01-01-07, 04:16 PM
Reyngel
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cc16ue
as for the cd control, if you press the button once, it changes the track, if you hold it down, it fast forwards the song. i don't think mine changes the cds on the steering wheel

I think you should go back and check, because my steering wheel controls only allow for track changes and disc changes, not fast-forwarding.
Old 01-01-07, 04:27 PM
Reyngel
Lead Lap

My pet peaves about the car:

-No pause button for the CD player
-Heated seats only get semi-warm, and can hardly notice the cool/ventilation setting
-Seats aren't supportive enough in the side-bolsters... I wish they held you in tighter
-Lack of text scrolling
-I wish the trunk had hydrolic hindges like the hood does
-You can't easily turn the car off while keeping the stereo playing. You either have to push the ignition button before shifting into Park first, or push the ignition button again after you've turned the car off
-The sunvisors don't do a very good job of blocking sunlight shining through the side windows... they're too short
-The sunglasses holder isn't very big... it can only hold smaller frames
-Lack of coin tray/dish... I have to use the ash tray instead
-Design of the AUX and outlet in the arm rest is poor

I think that's about it. And really, I had to rack my brain trying to come up with those things. None of them really bother me, either, but they're things I kind of wish weren't an issue from time to time. Overall, I'm totally satisfied with the car.
Old 01-01-07, 04:47 PM
KOOLFELLA
Advanced

Received 110 Likes on 53 Posts

I love my 350, but the only thing I can think of is just 2 keep the inside & out of my car clean (im a neat freak), & the fact that I spent $10-$14K more than my 1st gen IS, both bought new off the boat!!!
Old 01-01-07, 04:48 PM
maz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by r1lee
The first car that I've owned that I've got no where to put change. The ashtray is too deep and you can't remove it to check exactly how much change you need.

What do you guys do? Keep the change on you?
I put the change in the cupholder place under the armrest. Since the front already has 2 door bottle holders and 2 cupholders, and I don't usually allow drinks in the car, the cupholder under the armrest is the perfect place for change. And if I ever need to use that cupholder, I can simply put the cup over the change.
Old 01-01-07, 05:01 PM
Sarorn
Driver

It's hard to drive manual mode and use the shifter **** when you have a drink in the cup holder. Even when I'm in auto mode, I have a habit of holding onto the shift ****...but I cant when I have a drink in the holder, it kinda feels weird when your arm is hovering over the drink and hitting it.
Old 01-01-07, 07:56 PM
Mikey2007
Driver School Candidate

Default I love my IS350 but, in case Lexus is reading :) LOL

There could be more storage space, just a couple more of those cubby holes
aux and charger in a lousey spot
miss having change holder for tolls
NAV and phone LOCKOUT whie driving is my number one peave(i've checked i would have to cut wires, and its only a week old so i can't bring myself to it yet )

They are minor, still love the car though!
Old 01-01-07, 08:35 PM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
You can't just bat it five times in 2 seconds for 5 mph. If you hold, it will either steady decrease or steady increase. If yours does not do this is it faulty and should be replaced. Even my '88 GTS Corolla did this just fine, and every Toyota I've owned since did it. I use this feature almost everyday I drive and it works exactly as described in the owner's manual.
Yes, you can hit the lever as many times consecutively and it will increase/decrease 1 mph for each hit (no .5 sec waiting needed). If you hit too many time it will even downshift to get you to that speed quickly.

Koz
Old 01-01-07, 08:56 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
No, not hold for 0.5 seconds, just wait 0.5 seconds between inputs. Click up, wait 0.5 sec, click up again get + 2mph. You can't just bat it five times in 2 seconds for 5 mph. If you hold, it will either steady decrease or steady increase. If yours does not do this is it faulty and should be replaced. Even my '88 GTS Corolla did this just fine, and every Toyota I've owned since did it. I use this feature almost everyday I drive and it works exactly as described in the owner's manual.
Well ... I'll try that, but it still sucks big *****! I've never had to pace my clicks before. I don't like that I need to devote 5 seconds of thought on cliciking a button when the speed limit drops 10 MPH.

Quick Reply: my pet peave, whats yours?