Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Very clean "factory look"! Great job!
Old 11-22-10, 09:12 AM
rtorres
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Navigation Hack Part Two - Destination Entry While Moving Switch DIY

Hi, can anyone help me answer this questions i have?
i this this on my navigation yesterday and i did everything i saw and read from this pictures, but i though it was working but wen i drove to work today and i tried the DVD to play while in motion still didn’t work, also now i see on my dash board CHECK ENGINE and also this little car like Racing, anyways.

Do you guys think this works for my car LEXUS ISF 2010?

Please any suggestions comments?
thank you i need help and I’m kind of sad because i also did some small scratches wen taking it apart and now don’t even work so i feel like it wasn’t worth it doing that..

Thanks so much
Old 01-08-11, 09:38 PM
ISSteve
Rookie

Hello! I completed the Nav Hack today on my IS350. One important thing I found is that you do NOT have to remove the ashtray, center console, or gear shift ****!

Remove the side panels of the console (step 1) and then there is a small panel at the bottom of the nav. Stick your finger in the side and gently pry the panel off from one side. Put the parking brake on, and use the shift lock to release your shifter to the rear-most position. After you take out the air vents up top, you will be able to reach all four 10mm bolts that hold the unit. You may want to have a magnetic extension wand to retrieve the bolts like I did. Place a towel on the console to protect it and pull the nav unit out and rest it. There should be enough room to work and perform the procedure.

I had one problem too, I dropped one of the 10mm bolts down behind the nav and it went all the way to the bottom! DOH! I figure I shouldn't have trouble getting a replacement somewhere, but does anyone know if you can order the exact bolts from somewhere online? Maybe I'll just ask the service dept. at my dealer if they have one?

Oh yeah, here's my finished product!

PS--Can anyone confirm if this works for 2010 Generation 6 units?

Last edited by ISSteve; 01-08-11 at 09:44 PM.
Old 11-14-11, 10:14 AM
petasheep
Rookie

Sorry to bring up an old thread..

I finally had time to do this hack to my car this past weekend and everything seems to work right.
However during a real road test, i had some problems inputting an address with the switch "off".

At first it was working (keep in mind i'm keying things in really slow trying to keep my eye on the road while driving on the freeway) then the options get blacked out before i have a chance to finish the input, as if i'm moving again. I then need to switch the switch back to "on" then cycle back to "off" again to finish up keying in the information.

Did anyone else experience this?
Is there a time limit for how long you can take to input a destination?
Did i do the hack wrong?

Thanks for the help!
Old 11-14-11, 04:08 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by petasheep
Sorry to bring up an old thread..

I finally had time to do this hack to my car this past weekend and everything seems to work right.
However during a real road test, i had some problems inputting an address with the switch "off".

At first it was working (keep in mind i'm keying things in really slow trying to keep my eye on the road while driving on the freeway) then the options get blacked out before i have a chance to finish the input, as if i'm moving again. I then need to switch the switch back to "on" then cycle back to "off" again to finish up keying in the information.

Did anyone else experience this?
Is there a time limit for how long you can take to input a destination?
Did i do the hack wrong?

Thanks for the help!
You did not do anything wrong. That is normal. After about 1 mile of driving (happens fast on the highway), the GPS tells the nav that you are moving and so it gets locked out. There is no way to disable that except for the software override, the old firmware.
Old 01-20-12, 06:37 PM
B16A2NR
Rookie

Reviving this thread for some help. I followed the instructions what I believe to be exact. Cut the WHITE with silver stripe wire from P1 and the PINK wire from J50. Ran a switch connecting both the Pink loom/car side and the White wire Nav unit side. Capped the Pink wire Nav unit side and the White Wire loom/car side (separately of course). I also have Mark Levinson, so I grounded the RED wire from P1.

Immediately on the first drive after the install and 2nd drive after the 2nd attempt at checking my wiring, my nav screen took a longer than usual time to boot up and flashed distorted static for a split second before booting and DID allow address entry for the first 30 seconds. But then locked me out of entry. Upon further driving I noticed the following...

What is working: DVD Playing and Phone dialing while moving.

What isn't working: Address/Destination entry while moving.

I removed the switch entirely and tried bare wire on wire while moving (closed switch), and completely disconnected (open switch) and both options don't allow for Address entry while moving. Any ideas?

Last edited by B16A2NR; 01-20-12 at 06:55 PM.
Old 01-22-12, 10:58 AM
B16A2NR
Rookie

An update to the post above. I tried this mod for the 3rd time. Literally brought it back to stock and it behaved normally. When I connected White wire loom side and pink wire nav side to a switch, I got destination entry while moving, but it WASN'T giving me turn by turn verbal guidance like a previous poster. This occured both switch on and switch off. I'm thoroughly confused. Can somebody assist with some troubleshooting ideas. I feel like a complete moron because this seems so simple. I have installed a custom meth kit in a previous car, I can't believe a 2 wire navigation hack is kicking my ***.
Old 01-27-12, 07:42 AM
JohnLX300
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just finally got my new Lexus Navigation 11.1 Gen 5 disc today...the firmware had not been updated since the 10.1 version....uh ....sucks...stupid .kwi files. If only I can get my hands on a old disc perhaps with the loading.kwi that allows you to over ride. The .kwi file is off of a Perl O/S from what I researched almost all Factory navigations use this as the programming language. Time to learn it and hack it....will update once complete!!!
Old 02-01-12, 09:06 AM
J.A.
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Technique
You did not do anything wrong. That is normal. After about 1 mile of driving (happens fast on the highway), the GPS tells the nav that you are moving and so it gets locked out. There is no way to disable that except for the software override, the old firmware.
Yep, it will lock you back out that part is normal. But there is a way to keep the nav unlocked for any length of time you desire, you just need to install a speed pulse generator between the cut VSS wire(s). You can run both the nav screen VSS and the nav ECU VSS wires through the SPG.

http://www.***********.com/ja/2007/navoverride.html
Old 06-10-12, 10:43 AM
irishcharm
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default thread back from the dead, again.

Hey all,

after reading this post I did the hack and actually bought the switches prior to the hack. my exception was that I just cut the pink VSS wire on the J50 connection and inserted the switch between just that wire which works perfectly. I have an 06 is250 awd with navigation and such but non-ML. Honestly all that is needed is to snip the pink wire and put the switch in which allows me to sync my phone to bluetooth and enter destinations while moving which is all that I actually wanted. Once active I get 30 seconds - 2 minutes depending on speed and it takes about 10 seconds for the GPS to become active again once the switch is off. If I need more time I just flip the switch on and off again, no need for anything else for me.

Sorry about the quality of the picture but Switches from left to right: Power sunshade, navigation hack, emergency blue light, trunk open, gas open, bass ****.
Attached Thumbnails Navigation Hack DIY Part Two - Destination Entry While Moving Switch-img_20120608_213103.jpg  
Old 08-14-12, 12:39 PM
g15e22
Driver School Candidate

Default 07 IS350 Navigation Override

I have 07 IS350 with ML. I cut the Light pink wire on Connector J50 and the White with Silver on connector P1. I connected Pink wire loom and white with silver wire below the J50 together. I capped pink wire coming from head unit on J50 and I also capped White with silver wire from head unit on P1. I also Ground the red cable on connector J50. Ebrake light is always on now. Unable to enter address while driving.

These are the steps I followed.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...le-moving.html
Old 03-10-15, 05:23 PM
speeddem0n
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by g15e22
I have 07 IS350 with ML. I cut the Light pink wire on Connector J50 and the White with Silver on connector P1. I connected Pink wire loom and white with silver wire below the J50 together. I capped pink wire coming from head unit on J50 and I also capped White with silver wire from head unit on P1. I also Ground the red cable on connector J50. Ebrake light is always on now. Unable to enter address while driving.

These are the steps I followed.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...le-moving.html
I think that part of the instructions is confusing. I think he meant to connect both the pink and white/silver wire together from the loomside...

I just did it this past weekend along with part 1 of the hack.
However when I cut my wires, I extended them to the center console and I put toggle switches on them that way I can flip switches and everything becomes normal if needed.

And since I was behind the radio/navi, I also tapped wires on the IGN and BATT wires to do the ALARM add ons as well, I will probably finish that sometime this week..

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ory-alarm.html

Thanks to the OP and all who contributed to this thread.
Old 01-15-17, 04:58 AM
bazzle01
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

After reading all he posts in both threads there is confusion re the White with Silver. It would appear there are 2 white with silver.
One has a silver stripe, one has silver DOTS.
This is the one , NOT the stripe.