IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2006 Is250 -- Need Help !!!!!

Old 11-28-06, 06:21 AM
JRIS250
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2006 Is250 -- Need Help !!!!!

HEY GUYS WHAT'S UP..I HAVE SEVERAL QUESTIONS IN SEVERAL DIFFERENT AREAS OF INTEREST THAT I NEED HELP ON REGARDING MY IS250

SPEAKERS:
- Not really sure what I have stock. I dont have the Mark Levinson package
I tried looking it up on crutchfield.com but the site says it hasnt "researched" the car yet. Im thinking b/c it's fairly new. I wanna change the factory setup for a cleaner, more bass pounding effect w/ out going nuts and filling up the trunk w/ bass..Anyone know what speakers the IS250 has stock ?

WHEELS:
- I see alot of you guys go with iForged. Very nice wheels btw
Anyhow, I tried going to several places for some 19's and they wanna charge me $4,900 with tires...Is this too much? Or is this right around the ballpark price for something like this? I would definitely like some iForged..perhaps any other suggestions?

Also, what's the max tire width I can slap on for some 20's ?? Guys at the shop said no more than 225/30/20...for no rubbing of course. 225 is way too skinny in my opinion...do these guys know what they're talking about or am I just getting the run-around..

**Suggestions for 19'' and 20'' rim/tire sizes and offsets are appreciated **

X-PACKAGE:
- My car didnt come w/ the factory lip, rear spoiler and rocker panels for the X-Package. Have any of you added this feature onto ur car ? If so, care to share any experiences with ordering/installing @ the dealer? Or should I just go w/ something else (aftermarket)...The dealer said they'd charge me $2,500 painted and installed...what do you guys think?

SHARKFIN
- Some 06' IS's come with this feature..but mine didnt....Could I get this put on? If so, will it be just a dummy? Or will they rewire everything so it can be a fully working antenna...

GUYS THANKS FOR PUTTING UP WITH A ROOKIE LIKE ME...I JUST NEED HELP!!
THANK YOU, COMMENTS APPRECIATED...
Old 11-28-06, 06:49 AM
JRIS250
Rookie

anyone...?
Old 11-28-06, 06:54 AM
cspec
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For tire width, you should ask AlexIS350(sp?), he has a great custom setup in which he has no rubbing.

For the X-Package, a lot of members here have installed it after, you can probably find a good deal through the sponsors of this site, and there are a lot of information where you could do it DIY. There has recently been a member here I believe that took it to the dealer for an install, and it hasn't turned out that great, but that of course, is an isolated case. There have been many other members that have got it done at the dealer. Maybe there will be people out there that can give you a recommendation to a local shop that has good prices.

Sharkfin... No 06 should have the shark fin, and I really don't think it will be worth the time, and money to put it in, plus I think it looks cleaner without it.

Cheers!
Alex
Old 11-28-06, 06:56 AM
JRIS250
Rookie

Thank you! Yeah ..Is AlexIS350 the white IS ? If so that ride is hot...most definitely..

Anyone have any info on my speaker question ?
Old 11-28-06, 07:00 AM
Crazy Yoda
Pole Position

This thread will hav links to thee stereo questions. You can also do a search on aftermarket stereo installation.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=196853

Aftermarkt wheel thread - This will show you all kinds of tires and wheels along with the proper wheel offsets and if they are tpms compatible.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=201509

Stock "Lexus" spoiler - This site carries the stock parts, pre-painted, that you can bolt right on to your car. You caould also search ebay if you like. The dealers price is way too high. These kits are easy to install with a little patience.

http://www.lexus-parts.com/partlist....07&ModelID=151

Popular aftermrket spoilers and lips - These are also bolt-on parts but some may need to be painted to match. Also easy bolt-on parts.

http://l-tunedparts.com/index.php?id=113

The "sharkfin" is for 2007 models. I am unsure if you could get this put onto your car. I suppose you could get one and place it on the vehicle but it may not be functional.

Hope this helps. And welcome to the club.
Old 11-28-06, 07:00 AM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you can def. go with a wider tire than 225..i'm running wider with 20s and i'm having no issues
Old 11-28-06, 07:04 AM
IS_250
Pole Position

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

you could easily find answers to these questions by doing a search....

but i can tell you that you can definately get the x-package body kit way cheaper from one of our sponsors sewell lexus for like $1200 and get it installed locally for much cheaper than $2500. besides, it comes painted from the factory.

D2 is doing a groupbuy on Iforged right now.. They can suggest what tire sizes and since iforged usually doesnt disclose offsets, they will custom build them to fit without issues.

Speakers and sharkfin have been covered over and over.. do a search.
Old 11-28-06, 10:39 AM
JRIS250
Rookie

Thanks everyone for their input..Crazy Yoda ur the man for hooking it up w/ so many links...good lookin out...Cathafer..It's always a turn-on when girls drive hooked up cars lol j/k
Old 11-28-06, 11:23 AM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JRIS250
Cathafer..It's always a turn-on when girls drive hooked up cars lol j/k
lol..i hear that a lot
Old 11-28-06, 01:36 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

4900 sounds to be on the higher end for the wheels iFORGED 20's normally go for about 3100-3300 shipped so even with 1200 for tires your looking at 4300-4500 max.

During the GB the wheels alone are 2750-2850+shipping.
Old 11-28-06, 01:37 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JRIS250
Thank you! Yeah ..Is AlexIS350 the white IS ? If so that ride is hot...most definitely..
Alex actually bought those wheels from us and thats a 275/30-19 rear tire.
Old 11-28-06, 08:52 PM
Alex350
Lexus Test Driver

Hey JRIS250!

First of all, welcome to the Club! This is a really GREAT place for you to do research and find out information about the IS250/350!! Anyways, here's my opinion/suggestion about your questions. Hope I can help you...

SPEAKERS:

Since I've participated in a lot of auto shows (with my Toyota Corolla) I've had used a couple different speaker setups in my car and this is what I would recommend. If you don't want to spend major $$$$ just get a 500 watt amp and set it up with a crossover so you can eliminate the low (bass) frequencies from the speakers. Then get a secondary mono amp of about 600 RMS and hook up a subwoofer or two. That should give you a better sounding setup without having to spend some major bucks. In terms of subwoofers, I've tried a couple of brands (Rockford, Bazooka, Alpine, MTX, Kenwood, Marathon Bass, MB Quart, Crystal, Infiniti and others) and in my opinion, JL Audio is the BEST subwoofer you can buy; they last a long time and have a very good sound reproduction. As a matter of fact, they make "stealthboxes" for several cars and those things are engineered to take little space in your trunk and reproduce very good, deep, punchy bass! The bad news is that they still haven't made one for the IS250/350, but I'm interested in one myself so I'll contact them and ask them about it. JL also makes high quality amps, speakers, and other awesome products, just look at JL's website www.jlaudio.com for more information. One important thing you need to know about JL is that they DON'T sell or authorize online sales of their products. If you want them, you need to purchase them through an authorized dealer in order to get the warranties honored. You can find JL products online, but JL won't guarantee those products purchased online. If you want other setup suggestions, just PM me and I'll give you a couple more options, I don't want to put people to sleep here

WHEELS:

In terms of wheels, I-Forged is a really good brand and like other members stated, D-2 Autosport has a GB on those now, so now's the time to get them!! In terms of rubbing, custom wheels (like I-Forged) shouldn't give you any problems because they make them to your vehicle's specs. I don't know the offsets you'll need (the companies won't reveal them for some reason ), but tell the guys at D-2 and they will order them to your car specs. I have 0 rubbing issues with my 20" Auto Couture setup (20x8.5 front and 20x10 rear) and I even lowered my car so it doesn't have any wheel gap. I purchased Toyo T1-R tires, 245/30/20 front and 285/25/20 rear and they are AWESOME!!! and the ride quality is top notch and quiet. I recommended CaThaFer the same setup and she also loves the tires as well. If you're getting 20s get the same tires and you'll be set!!!

X-PACKAGE:

The X-Package came out as an option for 2007 IS models, and all they do is put the rear spoiler, the front lip (or air dam as they call it) and the 5-spoke starfish wheels (I'm not 100% sure about this, but maybe some one who has the X-Package can confirm). If you just want the OEM body kit you can buy it from you dealer or one of the Club Lexus vendors here and then have it installed by a reputable body shop in your area if you don't feel too comfortable doing it yourself, that should save you a couple of $$$$. The OEM kit comes painted from the Lexus factory, so you don't have to worry about the paint not matching, etc. There are other options in terms of aftermarket kits, but you would have to paint them and the overall expense will be much higher than getting the OEM kit.

SHARKFIN

If you like the sharkin antenna, you can buy it and have it installed, but in my opinion, I think the IS (or any car for that matter) looks a lot cleaner if you don't put a lot of things on it. I would recommend you save the money or get a more useful mod, like a set of HIDs for your foglights The antenna came for the 2006 IS models in Japan and other countries, but not for the US. The antenna was released officially in the US for the 2007 IS models.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to PM anytime and I'll try to help as much as I can based on my experiences and knowledge acquired from this forum. Once again welcome to CL and don't worry about asking questions.... that's what these forums are made for

Last edited by Alex350; 11-28-06 at 09:04 PM.
Old 11-28-06, 10:34 PM
cspec
Lexus Champion

^^ What a great write-up by a fellow CL member. This club is looking bright!
Old 11-29-06, 12:49 PM
JRIS250
Rookie

Exclamation

ALEX350: "...I have 0 rubbing issues with my 20" Auto Couture setup (20x8.5 front and 20x10 rear) and I even lowered my car so it doesn't have any wheel gap. I purchased Toyo T1-R tires, 245/30/20 front and 285/25/20 rear and they are AWESOME!!! and the ride quality is top notch and quiet...."

..I would honestly love some 20's on the IS...but being that I live in Miami..roads arent exactly nice and flush...speed bumps are notorious at times...and a 25 tire thickness is nuts ! But yeah I would love to do a real nice setup...I was looking @ D2's site and I really like Sevas...great looks and definite bang for your buck...but as far as lowering your car..what springs did you use ?

..As far as the speakers go..you're right about JL...I actually wanna replace all my interior speakers w/ MB Quart and do an 8'' JL W7 in a ported box in the trunk.. Let me know if you've ever dealt w/ W7's in the past..
..Do you have any pictures of your car so I can see how high the 20's ride ?

D2-AUTOSPORT:
..Would it be possible to get a price quote through this forum?

Cathafer
..Do you have any pictures of your car so I can see how high the 20's ride ?

THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE HELP !!
Old 11-29-06, 01:05 PM
IS_250
Pole Position

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

man, if you're in Miami.. I would try Wheels Boutique. They carry both Sevas and Iforged. Ask for Carlos, he has done a few sets of Sevas and Iforged for my brother. We picked up the Sevas S7 for my bro's GS from him and i know hes done a few IS already.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2006 Is250 -- Need Help !!!!!