IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

ALL 2IS MEMBERS PLEASE READ: Establishing a sense of community in the 2 Gen IS forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-06, 09:44 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,119 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Thanks to everyone who has posted in support of this effort and those who have PMd me as well

We do realize there are some 'repeat offenders' who cause many of the issues I've written about here. Be certain that most all of these folks have been asked both politely and firmly in the past via PM (and some publicly) to change their attitude. That seems to work for a couple of weeks or a month and then the flaming returns. With this post I want to remind members that have received such a message of the requests that were made of you...

Thanks again to all of you for your part in righting the course of the ship. If you see matters that need moderator review or action, please remember to push the 'report a post' button at the bottom left of the post with the issue to more quickly bring it to the moderator team's attention.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 11-05-06 at 09:57 PM.
Old 11-05-06, 10:37 PM
ONEdirty23
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary H
I have only been using the forums to read, afraid to post and get flamed.
My same thoughts about this as well. I found this forum very resourceful and helpful, and I'm glad to see that an effort is being made to cut down on the negative responses that I've been seeing lately.
Old 11-05-06, 11:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by ONEdirty23
My same thoughts about this as well. I found this forum very resourceful and helpful, and I'm glad to see that an effort is being made to cut down on the negative responses that I've been seeing lately.
please don't feel "afraid" to post coz' you think you will get flamed. if that happens, please notify any of us (moderators) and we will take actions. bottom line is this is a place to learn, have fun, and ask questions on, not a place for tests, wars, and flames.

enjoy!!!
Old 11-05-06, 11:48 PM
Cali_Girl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Gary H
I have only been using the forums to read, afraid to post and get flamed.
Same here. I used to post more. Lately, I've been avoiding this forum altogether because of the flaming and rude comments. Thank you to DaveGS4 for posting this.
Old 11-05-06, 11:56 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

same here i rarely come onto the forums anymore, and we get the same topics everyday
Old 11-06-06, 05:31 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

I agree! The whole *use the search* function with new members did irk me.

If you have ever read over the GS, or even ES forums there is definitely a sense of community there that our generation forum lacks.

LOVE, PEACE, AND HUGS!

Old 11-06-06, 07:37 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by IS_Mine
I agree! The whole *use the search* function with new members did irk me.
That's why it would be wonderful if the staff could devise an effective way to get new users to take advantage of the FAQ and search features, without making new users feel unwelcome.

New users like yourself don't mind when repetitive topics come up. You've been here less than a month, so pretty much any topic, no matter how many times it has been discussed in the past, is new to you.

For those that have been here longer, it becomes increasingly difficult to separate the new and exciting topics from the "same old, same old". I'm sure we've lost many valuable members who simply gotten bored with the repetition and moved on.

So please understand that when I've appended - hopefully to an otherwise useful response - a suggestion to check the FAQ or do a search, it's not with elitism or malice, but rather with the goal of making the forum a better place for everyone.

In a more general response to this topic of this post: I've learned a tremendous amount from reading this forum, and I'm ready and willing to do my part to make it a better and more pleasant place for all.
Old 11-06-06, 07:57 AM
jman-is350
Lead Lap

Nicely done. Thank you.
Old 11-06-06, 08:02 AM
G35TOIS350
Lexus Test Driver

i agree! there's just a couple posters here that like to talk trash on every single post they make. gets a bit old
Old 11-06-06, 08:34 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I have found that this forum has been a great source of information as a newbie to the Lexus brand. I have noticed a small number of posts that have been a bit off, but not really much worse than the Acura boards I used to post on. I am grateful to those who have made it easier for me to decide on my purchase of the IS 350 and for those who have put up with my questions as a Newbie.

Thanks to all here.
Old 11-06-06, 11:18 AM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

What's really a shame is that it takes a special thread from the forum's Admin to get the message across. Kudos to Dave and the moderator team, it's a thankless job and often gets taken for granted.

PS - Dave, not feeling your new avatar, time to revisit Dodgeball . . .
Old 11-06-06, 09:38 PM
Lexustom
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is a great forum. In no small part it contributed to my buying my very first Lexus. My wonderful IS350. This old (well kinda old) guy is on board and thanks to the moderators.
Old 11-06-06, 11:41 PM
chubbymike
Driver

Default hi guys

wow, i haven't really been spending time in this forum lately and seemes like a lot has happened. glad to see the moderators are trying to make this forum a quality place. keep it up.
Old 11-07-06, 03:28 AM
lexuspdx
Pole Position

Thanks for reminding us all that we are here to help each other. The IS forum has also helped me to purchase my Lexus. I will also do my best to contribute.

Remember...

"Can't we all just get along..." Rodney King.
Old 11-07-06, 05:05 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

I'm in and will do my part as well. Thanks Dave.

Quick Reply: ALL 2IS MEMBERS PLEASE READ: Establishing a sense of community in the 2 Gen IS forum