Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

ALL 2IS MEMBERS PLEASE READ: Establishing a sense of community in the 2 Gen IS forum

Old 12-09-06, 10:22 PM   #46
javyLSU
革新的な
Trader Score: (21)

javyLSU

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilo6_one View Post
I hear you about the redundent posts, however i think its really rude how people go about telling them, there is no reason to make someon feel stupid, they may have searched, and maybe they have not, but i think there are too many fourm cops here that are not mods who overstep there boundries, here is a trick about the redundent posts......... dont read them, ignore them and move on.
Very well said!

Javier
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Old 01-28-07, 10:41 PM   #47
LexFather
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)

mike_vossen

Much needed bump.........
Let me add, can we just stop with the IS 350 is bigger than your IS 250 threads? We are all Lexus brother and sisters. Lexus made 2 different models instead of just one like the previous IS 300 and the strategy is working.

I pray IS-F owners don't join here next year and say "lol at the IS 350".....

Someone is always bigger and faster.

2014 LS F sport ||2014 IS F sport Build for SEMA 2013 for Lexus by Vossen, click here for the full build
2013 GS F sport click here for build || 2007 GS 450h modified click here for build
Past: Quite a few modified Lexus cars
#teamvossen
My First Post, All Good Things, Must Come to an End
LexFather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-07, 05:19 PM   #48
bfowler
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default I'm In....

First time on the site. I absolutely agree with the premise. New owner: 2007 IS250 (RWD), Obsidian w/ black interior, X-package (new 2007 wheels)!!! Anyone w/ good info.... send it.
bfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-07, 11:55 AM   #49
dajwilson
Driver

Thank You. This was much needed. I am culprit when it comes to getting upset by something posted and hitting the reply button and typing in a nasty reply but.......before I hit the submit button, I think about whether my retaliation is worth it an argument with another fellow CL member and whether or not it's the mature thing to do. So I delete it and move to the next thread. I'm sure there are other members who exercise this kind of self control as well.
dajwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-07, 11:56 AM   #50
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Trader Score: (2)

profile.php?id=100001050339562 @DaveGS4 DaveGS4 The Real DaveGS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajwilson View Post
Thank You. This was much needed. I am culprit when it comes to getting upset by something posted and hitting the reply button and typing in a nasty reply but.......before I hit the submit button, I think about whether my retaliation is worth it an argument with another fellow CL member and whether or not it's the mature thing to do. So I delete it and move to the next thread. I'm sure there are other members who exercise this kind of self control as well.
Thank you

bfowler, welcome to Club Lexus

*** Click image for team info! ***

LS430 Ultra * PCS * ML * Rear Fridge * Massaging and Reclining Rear Seats * Vaistech SL-I * Coastal Lockpick

Tundra SR5 5.7 and BMW E36 M3/4 track car (wife's)

** Do you own a PS/3? Want to put your PC to good use every night?** Click here to join the Club Lexus Folding Team and help find a cure for cancer and other diseases.
DaveGS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-07, 12:14 AM   #51
Blk_An_Tan
Driver School Candidate

This forum sounds pretty cool. My buddy has an S2K and their club is pretty awesome i went for a couple of rides with him. Where could i get involved in southern california? I am in San Dimas.

Also i cant wait for mods to start coming out for the IS!!! YEAH YAH
Blk_An_Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-07, 03:42 PM   #52
KJH
Pole Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX View Post
Much needed bump.........
Let me add, can we just stop with the IS 350 is bigger than your IS 250 threads? We are all Lexus brother and sisters. Lexus made 2 different models instead of just one like the previous IS 300 and the strategy is working.

I pray IS-F owners don't join here next year and say "lol at the IS 350".....

Someone is always bigger and faster.

This thread is an excellent idea and one I strongly support. I just joined up and I can tell you, being a veteran of Supraforums, the "mine is bigger than yours" disease will eat at and destroy the feeling of community and comraderie many seek in joining these boards in the first place. On SF, owners of MKIV NA and MKIII Supras are made to feel like orphans in the greater Supra community, to the everlasting detriment of the site as a whole.

I'm particularly interested in the forthcoming IS-F, but I'm a car guy first and foremost. If a guy (or gal) adopts a feeling of superiority because of the vehicle they own, what happens when you meet those with faster, more powerful cars, higher incomes, bigger homes and higher educations? There will always be someone with more, however you define "more". I can tell you from experience having a very cool sense of community is far better than the backbiting, bickering and fractiousness I've witnessed first-hand on other boards. Props to the thread starter for vowing to gain control of this issue.

2010 Lexus IS-F
2007 Lexus IS 350
2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited V8
1995 Toyota Supra Turbo 6MT (APU)
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo 6MT (APU)
1985 Toyota Celica Supra "P" Type 5MT
KJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-07, 12:13 PM   #53
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Awesome thread, well put together! I have been here for months now and this is the first time Ive sat down and read through it. Great job!

ben_r_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-07, 09:52 AM   #54
dsclar
Driver School Candidate

I just joined here but I'm all for civility.

I'm a major contributor to the Steve Hoffman music forums and we are very well moderated. OTOH, we have over 10,000 members and things happen.

Most of our members play by the rules, but there are always a few troublemakers to be found. At first I was offended by a few of them, but eventually I realized to just ignore them.
dsclar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-08, 01:03 PM   #55
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Default New on this site...

Well I just join this FORUM a couple of days and so far so good.. I dont see much bad stuff going on.. But theirs a lot of beautiful cars in here, and its really helpful when I browse around.. It gives me a lot of idea's and to others also. Lets keep this forum running and be adults, but have fun at the same time.. Competition can be good and bad, but lets keep it clean.. And I do agreed with this "THREAD"!!
Old 11-17-08, 03:03 PM   #56
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Also new with IS350 2007 too....
Old 11-26-08, 09:28 AM   #57
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Some good info for IS owners on this forum.
Old 12-01-08, 04:46 PM   #58
wicked1127
Driver School Candidate

Default My support

I am in for supporting the community threads and helping with clear direction. We all want this site to grow with helpful tools to enjoy our Lexus Brand for many years to come.
wicked1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-08, 03:17 PM   #59
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1127 View Post
I am in for supporting the community threads and helping with clear direction. We all want this site to grow with helpful tools to enjoy our Lexus Brand for many years to come.
I agree, as long as it's not a communist plot.
Old 12-18-08, 08:41 AM   #60
LexFather
Lexus Fanatic

mike_vossen
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS-SV View Post
I agree, as long as it's not a communist plot.
lol, this really made me chuckle.

Its been great in here, thanks everyone!

2014 LS F sport ||2014 IS F sport Build for SEMA 2013 for Lexus by Vossen, click here for the full build
2013 GS F sport click here for build || 2007 GS 450h modified click here for build
Past: Quite a few modified Lexus cars
#teamvossen
My First Post, All Good Things, Must Come to an End
LexFather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-08, 08:41 AM

Tags
2006, 2is, club, community, established, eyelash, headlights, is350, lexus, ml, read, rude, sense, taking, thank, this, time