Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

ALL 2IS MEMBERS PLEASE READ: Establishing a sense of community in the 2 Gen IS forum

Old 11-07-06, 05:41 AM   #31
DRIVEN1
Driver
Trader Score: (0)

I enjoy this forum and want it protected. This is my first stop anytime I have an idea or question. Thanks for protecting this great community and resource.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Old 11-07-06, 05:56 AM   #32
TLe2006
Lexus Test Driver

You should make this a sticky.
Old 11-07-06, 06:34 AM   #33
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Trader Score: (2)

profile.php?id=100001050339562 @DaveGS4 DaveGS4 The Real DaveGS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoLe View Post
You should make this a sticky.
It will be after another day or two. We've found threads sometimes get overlooked if buried at the top with others.

Having it follow the normal lifespan of a thread that is 'bumped' when responded to gets more attention.

*** Click image for team info! ***

LS430 Ultra * PCS * ML * Rear Fridge * Massaging and Reclining Rear Seats * Vaistech SL-I * Coastal Lockpick

Tundra SR5 5.7 and BMW E36 M3/4 track car (wife's)

** Do you own a PS/3? Want to put your PC to good use every night?** Click here to join the Club Lexus Folding Team and help find a cure for cancer and other diseases.
DaveGS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-06, 09:22 AM   #34
SilverLexo
Lead Lap

There is an obvious need for this thread. When I had my 2nd gen GS, and I spent most of my time on that forum I had never once seen the type of hostility I see on this forum on a daily basis.

Mods...may I suggest you fight fire with fire and add this hack to vBulletin? They annoy you, you annoy them...It really is a great tool for you guys to enjoy and have fun with...

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...threadid=93258
Old 11-08-06, 08:26 AM   #35
Technique
Lexus Champion

I'm the first to admit that I can be harsh at times, but count me in as participating in a more friendly manner... Just do me a favor and banish the trolls that stir up the trouble first, before the non-trolls...

My IS350 Experience Webpage

Technique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-06, 08:51 AM   #36
ff_
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technique View Post
I'm the first to admit that I can be harsh at times, but count me in as participating in a more friendly manner...
Ditto here too. I'm onboard.

Last edited by javyLSU; 07-09-07 at 06:07 PM..
ff_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-06, 09:13 AM   #37
ihkskim
Lexus Test Driver

Send a message via AIM to ihkskim

I understand you guys want a friendly community but I gotta say there are some threads/posts that are really i dunno.. i guess a nice way to say it is.. dumb (although it has mellowed out a lot) and its asking for a flame. plus the overusage of polls~
ihkskim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-06, 09:39 AM   #38
Neo
The One
Trader Score: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihkskim View Post
I understand you guys want a friendly community but I gotta say there are some threads/posts that are really i dunno.. i guess a nice way to say it is.. dumb (although it has mellowed out a lot) and its asking for a flame. plus the overusage of polls~
The best thing to do then is to just avoid these. If your blood starts to boil, move on. When we enter a thread with a negative mood, we are just asking for trouble. As mods, we sometimes have to peek into many threads to make sure things are going smoothly. We don't have the luxury to just ignore, whereas you guys are not stuck with that restriction.

Thanks all for pitching in and showing that this is a community, not just a typical internet forum.
Old 11-09-06, 03:23 PM   #39
CK6Speed
Super Moderator
Trader Score: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihkskim View Post
As far as I'm aware dumb topics are not against the rules. It may not be dumb to the OP. If it doesn't break any rules than it is allowed to stay. Moderators are not here to inject our own personal beliefs on others. We are here only to enforce the existing rules created by the Administrator.
CK6Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-06, 10:23 AM   #40
2IS 'R' US
Lead Lap

Fairly new here, but enjoying my stay. Don't post much but browse alot to help me get used to my IS. I never did understand why people say to use the search feature when they know where to point them to. Being a mod on another site, I'd always direct them to where they can find information and will do so here too
2006 Lexus IS250 AWD 6AT Crystal White: Nokya Yellow DRLs, 3000K HID Fogs, HKS Hi-Power Exhaust, F-Sport Rear Sway Bar, F-Sport Intake, LED interior lights, 35% Tint, BC Racing Coilovers, WedsSport SA67R 19x9 +35 Custom Painted
1999 Toyota Solara SLE 5MT
gplus.to/tsxrus
2004 Acura TSX 5AT (RIP 9/23/2006) =(
2IS 'R' US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-06, 07:53 AM   #41
Mikey2007
Driver School Candidate

Thank you, as folks can tell I am new here, but I can certainly appreciate your post and will make sure I help by doing my part and behaving well !
Thanks!!
Mikey2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-06, 12:13 PM   #42
Gtidan
Lead Lap

Send a message via ICQ to Gtidan

Can't we all just get along (Rodney King) I'm in

Past rides:
2002 Mercedes C-230 Kompressor
1997 VW GTI VR6
Gtidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-06, 08:23 PM   #43
LexFather
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)

mike_vossen

It is Dec 7th, who else is in?

2014 LS F sport ||2014 IS F sport Build for SEMA 2013 for Lexus by Vossen, click here for the full build
2013 GS F sport click here for build || 2007 GS 450h modified click here for build
Past: Quite a few modified Lexus cars
#teamvossen
My First Post, All Good Things, Must Come to an End
LexFather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-06, 05:04 PM   #44
cspec
Lexus Champion

I really enjoy this community, but there is a real redundancy in the posts, people really have to use the search function before they make the same posts that have been discussed.

You really can't help but be annoyed at those people don't bother to use the search function and expect members to be helpful all the time.

cspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-06, 07:44 PM   #45
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (2)

Send a message via AIM to kilo6_one

I hear you about the redundent posts, however i think its really rude how people go about telling them, there is no reason to make someon feel stupid, they may have searched, and maybe they have not, but i think there are too many fourm cops here that are not mods who overstep there boundries, here is a trick about the redundent posts......... dont read them, ignore them and move on.
kilo6_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-06, 07:44 PM

Tags
2006, 2is, club, community, established, eyelash, headlights, is350, lexus, ml, read, rude, sense, taking, thank, this, time