IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Picture of LED daytime driving lights for IS

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-07, 06:03 PM
SC400_408
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, maybe a pic without the low beams on. The lowbeam looks really good but a bit overpowering. Can't even tell the parking lights are on.
Old 03-20-07, 06:29 PM
caudlek
Driver

Here are some PIC's i took when i tried both a 5 LED white and a LED blue in my IS300 .... will at least give you an idea.

I believe th car is running thus the DRL's are on and the parking lights are switched on as well. I found the blue to be too bling .... obvious too, so an uptight cop might use it as an excuse to give you a hard time.

In order: Standard/White/Blue:

The bulbs:

KC
Old 03-20-07, 07:40 PM
Nuster
Driver

Originally Posted by xaden
Nuster, sorry to be a pain, but can I request another pic? If you could take one from the front without using a flash (to get a more realistic shot of what the lights look like) that would be awesome. In those pics it appears the 5-LED refractor are slightly bluer than your 6000Ks, but may be less noticeable in real life. My 6000Ks are on the way and I'd really like to get some LEDs in time!
These pics were taken without a flash and they do look just like that in real life. I can guarantee it. The LED are a little bluer in real life as it's in the pictures. I also took one with the flash on and it does reflect the real life look. That's why I didn't post it.

SC,

I'll try to take the pictures of the LED only and post soon.
Old 03-20-07, 07:58 PM
xaden
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Nuster
These pics were taken without a flash and they do look just like that in real life. I can guarantee it. The LED are a little bluer in real life as it's in the pictures. I also took one with the flash on and it does reflect the real life look. That's why I didn't post it.

SC,

I'll try to take the pictures of the LED only and post soon.
and you have the 5-LED white, right?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-HID...5152QQtcZphoto
is that the right one?

there's just so many different ways to go with the parking light, but it's so difficult to tell which one matches 6000K HIDs (xenondepot) the best. is the difference in color noticeable? if you have a front shot available, that would be very helpful. no worries if you don't. thanks!
Old 03-20-07, 08:08 PM
Nuster
Driver

Originally Posted by xaden
and you have the 5-LED white, right?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-HID...5152QQtcZphoto
is that the right one?

there's just so many different ways to go with the parking light, but it's so difficult to tell which one matches 6000K HIDs (xenondepot) the best. is the difference in color noticeable? if you have a front shot available, that would be very helpful. no worries if you don't. thanks!
Yep! I got that one.

More pictures. This time just the parking light alone. If you want see a bigger pictures, go to the gallery. These pictures are 1600x1200.

Last edited by Nuster; 03-20-07 at 08:34 PM.
Old 03-21-07, 04:45 PM
SC400_408
Lead Lap

Did you get the same 5w led as the op? Those look really good!

Originally Posted by caudlek
Here are some PIC's i took when i tried both a 5 LED white and a LED blue in my IS300 .... will at least give you an idea.

I believe th car is running thus the DRL's are on and the parking lights are switched on as well. I found the blue to be too bling .... obvious too, so an uptight cop might use it as an excuse to give you a hard time.

In order: Standard/White/Blue:

The bulbs:

KC
Old 03-21-07, 04:52 PM
SC400_408
Lead Lap

I'm going to give these guys a try: http://autolumination.com/194.htm

I'll post some pics when I get them in!

Theres many different options for 194 from this site!
Old 03-21-07, 06:55 PM
caudlek
Driver

Originally Posted by SC400_408
I'm going to give these guys a try: http://autolumination.com/194.htm
I'll post some pics when I get them in!
Theres many different options for 194 from this site!

I got the LED's in this pic on ebay .... order extra's .... i burned out 1 or 2 in a year!! Don't believe the LED's last forever BS .... the LED lasts but the lead breaks, or the seal goes and moisture gets in, or the electronics fails, or the internal soldering joint fails ..... anyway you get the picture !

As an aside, i believe the DRL's on the 2nd gen look much better than the 1st ..... its law up here so disconnecting is not an option ..... 'Nuster' s parking lights looks real nice though.

Old 04-22-07, 10:53 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My god!!! How in the helldo you get to the driver side one! There is so much crap in front of it! Plus that cover is crazy to get off!
Old 04-24-07, 06:25 PM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

guys i know that you cant touch the light bulb but tdoes it go for 5 LED refractor??? Is it ok if i used plastic gloves to install the bulb???
Old 04-24-07, 06:37 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Bigrahizzl
guys i know that you cant touch the light bulb but tdoes it go for 5 LED refractor??? Is it ok if i used plastic gloves to install the bulb???
you can touch those all you want! I did. They will not be harmed in any way.
Old 04-24-07, 06:41 PM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ben_r_
you can touch those all you want! I did. They will not be harmed in any way.
OK thats good. So how hard or easy is it to install these bulbs, and how long did it take yo to put them in??
Old 04-24-07, 06:53 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

OK thats good. So how hard or easy is it to install these bulbs, and how long did it take yo to put them in??
Passenger side, not too bad. Driver side not very easy at all! They took me a few hours and a couple of times I about said forget it, its not worth it for stupid lights, but over all now that they are in I guess it was worth it. I actually think it looks coolest with DRLs off and just flat out removing the city lights and having nothing in there. Because at night all you have then is the HIDs. But the only problem is that when you turn your headlights switch to the parking like setting you dont have anything but the one little yellow LED on other side of the car on, and I felt that just wasnt enough... also if you are going to attempt this I would highly recommend getting one of these first for the driver side. I couldnt have done it without one.
Old 04-24-07, 08:15 PM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ben_r_
Passenger side, not too bad. Driver side not very easy at all! They took me a few hours and a couple of times I about said forget it, its not worth it for stupid lights, but over all now that they are in I guess it was worth it. I actually think it looks coolest with DRLs off and just flat out removing the city lights and having nothing in there. Because at night all you have then is the HIDs. But the only problem is that when you turn your headlights switch to the parking like setting you dont have anything but the one little yellow LED on other side of the car on, and I felt that just wasnt enough... also if you are going to attempt this I would highly recommend getting one of these first for the driver side. I couldnt have done it without one.
what are those called??? Im not sure but i think i can get these from Autozone.
Old 04-24-07, 08:28 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

what are those called??? Im not sure but i think i can get these from Autozone.
Im sure you can,they are just little finger screwdrivers that take the standard bits and are magnetic. But trust me, without one of these I would have never been able to to the switch. Sears has them for $6.99 for three with three different bits. I love them, they have saved me more times than I can remember.

Quick Reply: Picture of LED daytime driving lights for IS