IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Thinking about IS350 - Thoughts from owners?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-06, 10:56 AM
tcho82
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thinking about IS350 - Thoughts from owners?

Hi guys. I'm usually in the LS forum, but I'm currently thinking about selling/trading both of my cars in for an IS350. I like the car a lot, but I'm torn on how much I'd miss my S if I made the trade.

Can you give me some insights on the car as owners? What do you like and what do you not like?

Any issues that you've had or that other owners have had if any?

Have any of you come from convertibles? Did you have withdrawal? hehe

Thanks!
Old 11-02-06, 11:03 AM
mlee21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont get it..

jk.. there are many threads that can answer your questions to the upmost detail if u would just read more or search. but by looking at the 2 cars you own now. your gonna love the is350.. combination of both luxury and speed.
Old 11-02-06, 11:16 AM
tcho82
Lexus Test Driver

Yea I know I can search, and I will when time permits. Forgive my newbness. I'm defn not a newb to forums, just lazy this time around. And I just wanted personal attention. haha.
Old 11-02-06, 11:22 AM
NGG
Pole Position

Default LS versus IS 350

Originally Posted by tcho82
Hi guys. I'm usually in the LS forum, but I'm currently thinking about selling/trading both of my cars in for an IS350. I like the car a lot, but I'm torn on how much I'd miss my S if I made the trade.

Can you give me some insights on the car as owners? What do you like and what do you not like?

Any issues that you've had or that other owners have had if any?

Have any of you come from convertibles? Did you have withdrawal? hehe

Thanks!
Tcho;

LS = smooth, quiet ride. IS = firm noisier ride because of sportier suspension and low-profile performance tires.

LS does not corner well because of soft suspension/tires. IS handles corners flatter and quicker.

IS is quicker (acceleration) because of a better power-to-weight ratio.

The LS has more interior room...especially the backseat.

The IS has more supportive front seats than the LS.

The LS is an auto transmission, while the IS is a six speed auto with manual capability.

Hope this helps.

NGG
Old 11-02-06, 12:50 PM
tcho82
Lexus Test Driver

Helps, but not sure you understood my post. Currently I have a 92 LS400 and a 2002 Honda S2000. I am considering trading in both for an IS350.
Old 11-02-06, 01:08 PM
Fleainat
Pole Position

I'm the perfect guy to answer your question... YES definitely get it! I bought my S2000 in October last year after finding out the IS350 was in very limited supply and I couldn't wait any longer to buy my first new car out of college.

The S2000 was a great car, but after driving my friend's IS350, I had to have it. I loved having a convertible, but as all convertible owners say, they're fun while you have them, but they get old. The IS is just SO much more comfortable, so I find myself loving to drive even if it's in traffic. The only thing I have found that I miss from the S2000 from time to time is the seats which grab you when cornering. Go for it!
Old 11-02-06, 01:18 PM
tcho82
Lexus Test Driver

Thats a good response..... hehe. I've got the LS for daily driving so I've got a nice setup going.... but I guess I just want the nice luxury of a newer lexus and all the new bells and whistles. Man this is not an easy decision....

Not to mentiong that I'll be paying a lot more for an IS350.... But I'm getting closer and closer to really thinking about the jump. There is a nice used one for sale locally.... but I'm sure more will be popping up "off lease" soon enough.

$37 k for navi, hids, 18's 10k miles. Good price?
Old 11-02-06, 01:28 PM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

My IS 350 or my Corolla on Steroids (haha thats what my friends call it!) is fabulous!

This is my first car. I bought it myself right after I graduated college and I am extremely happy with it. I came out of a sporty car and wanted to keep the same feeling except with less road noise and more power. The added luxory was definitely worth it!

I'm not sure what your commute is but this vehicle makes my morning! I am happy to get up at 5 to be out the door 6 to get to work at 7. That hour drive is so wonderful!! The interior really sold me on this car, and after a long day of work falling into those seats is like sitting on the most COMFORTABLE couch ever.

I think that is you are looking for something sporty that is also classy this is the car for you!

I am not sure what our reviews will do for you -- my best suggestion is to go out there and test drive one. I looked at three cars and came back to the IS.
Old 11-02-06, 03:04 PM
QSVeilside
Rookie

You get what you pay for.

The IS350 is meant to be daily driven. It comes with a sunroof - not exactly the same as your convertible, and more than enough power to get you on the freeway/give your S2000 a good run.

If a powerful 2 seater convertible is what you want, trade those cars in and fork up some extra dough for a corvette ZO6, (I know some C6's convs are out there, not sure about the ZO6 though). Best bang for the buck with manual trans.
Old 11-02-06, 04:04 PM
Cornellian
Lead Lap

I know how to answer your question! Go and test drive it as many times you want!!! Than compare it to your cars, imagine yourself in it going to work, partying, going on a track, speeding, makin out, etc.... Than listen to your heart!
Old 11-02-06, 04:04 PM
jjohur
Driver School Candidate

IS350 has a fantastic engine but the interior fit-and-trim sucks really bad. The rattles are coming from every orifice imaginable. I had less rattles with my Pontiac and Ford.
Old 11-02-06, 04:31 PM
homer4598
Pole Position

Originally Posted by QSVeilside
You get what you pay for.

The IS350 is meant to be daily driven. It comes with a sunroof - not exactly the same as your convertible, and more than enough power to get you on the freeway/give your S2000 a good run.

If a powerful 2 seater convertible is what you want, trade those cars in and fork up some extra dough for a corvette ZO6, (I know some C6's convs are out there, not sure about the ZO6 though). Best bang for the buck with manual trans.

Z06 doesn't come in convertible form.
Old 11-02-06, 04:32 PM
homer4598
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jjohur
IS350 has a fantastic engine but the interior fit-and-trim sucks really bad. The rattles are coming from every orifice imaginable. I had less rattles with my Pontiac and Ford.

You are the only person I've ever heard mention these kinds of problems. Is this a one off thing or is it really a major problem with all of the cars?
Old 11-02-06, 07:02 PM
maz
Lead Lap

I just recently got my IS350 and I think its an excellent machine. I also have a 92 LS and I can tell you that the IS will also make an excellent daily driver and also offer the sportiness for when you want it. The ride is a little stiffer than the LS, but it is just as luxurious if not more since its newer and has more features. You can't go wrong with the IS.
Old 11-02-06, 07:17 PM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

Well, I'm not a big 2-door convertible guy, I love the 4-door sport sedans and the IS is the car for me...just wish it had a tad more room in the back, but I'm nit-picking...I don't have to sit back there!

Quick Reply: Thinking about IS350 - Thoughts from owners?