IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-06, 11:50 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys realize that your car comes with a 72 months or 70,000 miles (whichever comes first) powertrain warranty right? Sure if your stereo blows, your exteneded warranty will cover you, but the more expensive stuff is already covered for 70k!
Old 10-02-06, 04:15 AM
AZ JB
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ES3
You guys realize that your car comes with a 72 months or 70,000 miles (whichever comes first) powertrain warranty right? Sure if your stereo blows, your exteneded warranty will cover you, but the more expensive stuff is already covered for 70k!
Not according to Lexus when I called their 1800 number...
Old 10-02-06, 05:33 AM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This is a good deal only for the dealer. Is is extremely rare you would use $1500 or more in repairs in the first 75K to 100K miles. The policy covers the engine and drive train, not the paint or interior cosmetics.

I always recommend you put the $1500 in your bank account and use it for any repairs.. You will find you have monies left over at the end of the four years.

This is the self insurance ... no asking if it is covered and/or denied coverage; no headaches.
Old 10-02-06, 09:10 AM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JB IS350X
Not according to Lexus when I called their 1800 number...
Here:
http://www.lexus.com/models/warranty...owertrain.html
Old 10-02-06, 09:36 AM
AZ JB
Advanced

Ok, I actually mis-read your first post, so I apologize. I have Nav, so that is pretty much the main reason I want the extended warranty. This car is very advanced on the inside and I would rather not have something go wrong with the power seat, or heating/cooling system for the seat, or nav system, or something like that in say.. the next 6 years and at like 70000 miles. So because of those types of things on the car, I would rather be safe then sorry.
Old 10-02-06, 10:21 AM
ABC
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Depending on price and if the car is falling apart or not, i plan on getting the extended warranty near the end of my standard warranty.
Old 10-02-06, 11:21 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Ok, I actually mis-read your first post, so I apologize. I have Nav, so that is pretty much the main reason I want the extended warranty. This car is very advanced on the inside and I would rather not have something go wrong with the power seat, or heating/cooling system for the seat, or nav system, or something like that in say.. the next 6 years and at like 70000 miles. So because of those types of things on the car, I would rather be safe then sorry.
I'm in the same boat nav etc... I just like what others have said about putting 1800 bucks in a savings account now for a rainy day, or giving it away ASSUMING something bad is going to happen to a a Lexus. It's all perspective I guess...
Old 10-03-06, 02:10 AM
AZ JB
Advanced

Originally Posted by ES3
I'm in the same boat nav etc... I just like what others have said about putting 1800 bucks in a savings account now for a rainy day, or giving it away ASSUMING something bad is going to happen to a a Lexus. It's all perspective I guess...

That's pending that what COULD happen will be less than 1800 to fix. My concern is it will be more, and for this reason I would rather be safe than sorry.
Old 10-03-06, 07:51 AM
ES3
Lexus Champion

That's pending that what COULD happen will be less than 1800 to fix. My concern is it will be more, and for this reason I would rather be safe than sorry.
I understand your outlook and if I'd bought a domestic vehicle your idea would seem more logical. But we bought a Lexus, at least partially for reliability.
Old 10-03-06, 08:05 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ES3
I understand your outlook and if I'd bought a domestic vehicle your idea would seem more logical. But we bought a Lexus, at least partially for reliability.
Same here... If by the time 4 years or 50k miles goes by and I feel that this car is going to start breaking down and costing me thousands and thousands of dollars, I'll sell it instead of buying an extended warranty.

But I hope it won't, as one of the main reasons for me buying another Japanese Luxury Brand as a daily driver was reliability.
Old 06-25-07, 08:42 AM
ES3
Lexus Champion

I'll have to look further, but I'm not ever sure that something like the nav would be covered under the extended warranty?
Old 06-25-07, 09:33 AM
Magellan
Lead Lap

After I got stuck paying a large repair bill on my plasma TV after only two years, and with our plans to keep our IS for around ten years, we decided to get the extended warranty. Perhaps it’s like carrying an umbrella to make sure it doesn’t rain, but with all those gadgets on the Lexus, I feel better having it.
Old 06-25-07, 09:39 AM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

I keep my cars for 7-8 years so I bought the extended warranty with my car. 7 years, 100k miles. I got it for $1700. Just remember that these things are negotiable. I got $500 off my warranty.
Old 06-25-07, 09:40 AM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Magellan
After I got stuck paying a large repair bill on my plasma TV after only two years, and with our plans to keep our IS for around ten years, we decided to get the extended warranty. Perhaps it’s like carrying an umbrella to make sure it doesn’t rain, but with all those gadgets on the Lexus, I feel better having it.
How much did you end up paying?
Old 06-25-07, 09:58 AM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Buds
I keep my cars for 7-8 years so I bought the extended warranty with my car. 7 years, 100k miles. I got it for $1700. Just remember that these things are negotiable. I got $500 off my warranty.
Is this for $0 deductible? Where did you get it? The lowest I've seen online is $1855. I too plan to get the extended warranty, but maybe in a year or so.

Quick Reply: Extended Warranty