IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Two Months old and already smashed

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-06, 09:09 PM
ALEX_IS350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Two Months old and already smashed

Well about a week ago my car got side swiped by a semi. The guy was making a left hand turn from the far right lane and crossed into my girlfriends lane ( the far left lane ). She stopped in time but he kept going, side swiping my passenger side and wedging it into the intersection. Damage is at $7400 so far and I already told him if his insurance doesn't cover it I am going to sue him. Anyways the only good thing is that 2 days before someone backed into the front bumper with a hitch and took off, now the bumper is getting replaced anyway. I have no luck with cars!!!!

Last edited by DaveGS4; 11-07-06 at 06:17 PM. Reason: I'm sorry and understand your pain Alex, but stop with the cursing. Next time you'll get an infraction.
Old 09-22-06, 09:39 PM
flyfl1pguy

NOOOOO! Not on a GFM. Looks horrible. Hope you get it fix.
Old 09-22-06, 09:40 PM
PNice972
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

owww, that hurts to jsut even look. that paint is gonna be hard to match. =[ hope it looks good as new soon!
Old 09-22-06, 11:13 PM
AlterZgo
Driver

That really sucks. Hope it comes out practically brand new after you get it fixed.

But, look on the bright side - no one was hurt. That's really the most important thing. A $40K car is EASILY fixed or replaced. Serious injuries can f-ck up your life royally. It's all about perspective.
Old 09-23-06, 12:12 AM
Badman Forever
Lead Lap

i've had plenty of not at-fault accidents in my 1is. i know how it feels. =| ::knock on wood:: for the 2is.
Old 09-23-06, 05:55 AM
frylai
Driver

OUCH!!! I feel sorry for you, I had a smaller accident on my 06 and it was never the same, so I sold it! White and silver is a pain to match and the quality is a ***** on dark colored cars, not to make you feel like but it's the truth! , take it to a good shopa nd good luck!

matt =)
Old 09-23-06, 06:40 AM
l1tech
Pole Position

Not to degrade the severity of your accident, but in actuality it really all looks cosmetic and with the fact that your car was stopped and the other vehicle was making a turn at slow speed I don't think that there will be any structural damage which is good for you. Realistically any body shop worth a dam will have no problems with the repair and the paint shouldn't be a problem either.. My last car incurred $16,000 in damages after a 45 mph frontal collision, the body shop had it for 3 months but in the end you couldn't tell...they were that good. You might want to look into a diminished value claim when it is all said and done, I got just a little over $7,000 on my claim, the kicker is that I ended up selling the car with full accident disclosure for what it was actually worth had it not been in an accident. And for what it's worth you will probably have better luck dealing with this person if you refrain from comments like "I am gonna sue the #$@* out of you if your ins doesn't cover it" before you even know what is going on...

Last edited by l1tech; 09-23-06 at 06:44 AM.
Old 09-23-06, 09:22 PM
ALEX_IS350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by l1tech
Not to degrade the severity of your accident, but in actuality it really all looks cosmetic and with the fact that your car was stopped and the other vehicle was making a turn at slow speed I don't think that there will be any structural damage which is good for you. Realistically any body shop worth a dam will have no problems with the repair and the paint shouldn't be a problem either.. My last car incurred $16,000 in damages after a 45 mph frontal collision, the body shop had it for 3 months but in the end you couldn't tell...they were that good. You might want to look into a diminished value claim when it is all said and done, I got just a little over $7,000 on my claim, the kicker is that I ended up selling the car with full accident disclosure for what it was actually worth had it not been in an accident. And for what it's worth you will probably have better luck dealing with this person if you refrain from comments like "I am gonna sue the #$@* out of you if your ins doesn't cover it" before you even know what is going on...

So you got $7000 for depreciation or for injuries? I thought I would aim for around $5000CAN. The main reason I was telling the guy I was going to sue the **** out of him was because of the disregard he had shown to my girlfriend and to me. He didn't even check to see if my girlfriend was OK and then he acted as if it was her fault for being there. I hope I can come to some agreement with my insurance company.

Alex
Old 09-24-06, 12:30 AM
Zephyr
Lexus Test Driver

daaam! i hope your car is back to normal as soon as possible!
Old 09-24-06, 08:30 AM
l1tech
Pole Position

The 7K I received was for diminished value on the car, there were no physical injuries. You can't just "aim" for a number when figuring diminished value, the ins companies have a formula, a flawed one at that, that they use to figure it out. It's based on how old the car is, how many miles it has on it, how much it cost new, and the severity of the accident, and the cost to repair the vehicle. Obviously a car that only needs a new fender will not receive alot if anything in diminished value as opposed to a car that had severe structural damage done to it, which was my case. If you persue a diminished value claim I wish you luck..it can be a real pain.
Old 09-24-06, 10:04 AM
IS_250
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

bro i feel your pain... let us know how long it takes to get parts. im going to need a fender and a door also..
Old 11-07-06, 05:24 PM
CMistIS250
Driver School Candidate

Alex_IS350,

How did the repairs and respray go? Did you ended up getting new parts?
I just got my Fender dented (some ******N hater kick it in). Was the respray very close to your original paint? I too have a GFM, so im really paranoid it wont be able to be paint matched.

Last edited by CMistIS250; 11-07-06 at 05:59 PM.
Old 11-07-06, 05:34 PM
9520G
Lead Lap

I got into a little fender bender in my crystal white they blended the paint to the rest of the car perfect, but the lip comes pre-painted already and I can tell it's a shade brighter then the rest of the front bumper, that really bothers me.
Old 11-07-06, 05:46 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

ouch! sorry to see such a nice car end up in a bad accident...well it looks bad at least. good that no one was injured.
Old 11-07-06, 05:50 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

oh man, that's a nasty looking accident. my condolences, and i'd expect the truck driver to cover the damages, if not his insurance.

Quick Reply: Two Months old and already smashed