Rear License Plate Frames

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-06, 06:13 PM
Belmont
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear License Plate Frames

What do you guys have?

I'm trying to get something that's minimalist, but nicer than the cheap plastic one from the dealer.

I'd love something powdercoated, black, with a small "L" in the frame.

Any ideas?
Old 09-03-06, 06:16 PM
flyfl1pguy

I have Lexus of VALENCIA . . .
Old 09-03-06, 06:22 PM
nehal51086
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

i dont think my dealer one looks too bad...not sure if every one has teh same kind......

its like the plastic imitation of chrome...lol
Old 09-03-06, 06:35 PM
james6290
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

black pearl frame, to match the logos, and it says "lexus" on the bottom, in black pearl as well
Old 09-03-06, 06:37 PM
tgara
Pole Position

The Dealer frames are terrible. They are the FIRST thing that came off the car literally minutes after we brought our IS home.

I have a plain chrome-plated metal frame with chrome snap-caps over the mounting screws on both the front and rear -- no logos on those frames. I've experimented with logo frames of different colors, but I always come back to plain chrome. I think it looks the classiest -- elegant and understated.

I purchased my plain frames from this store. They also have a good selection of logo frames in black, gold, chrome, etc. if you like that look.

http://www.autoattire.com/lexus1.html
Attached Thumbnails Rear License Plate Frames-is5.jpg  
Old 09-03-06, 08:58 PM
BobsGX
Racer

Originally Posted by tgara
The Dealer frames are terrible. They are the FIRST thing that came off the car literally minutes after we brought our IS home.

I have a plain chrome-plated metal frame with chrome snap-caps over the mounting screws on both the front and rear -- no logos on those frames. I've experimented with logo frames of different colors, but I always come back to plain chrome. I think it looks the classiest -- elegant and understated.

I purchased my plain frames from this store. They also have a good selection of logo frames in black, gold, chrome, etc. if you like that look.

http://www.autoattire.com/lexus1.html
When you close the trunk, does that 2 hole plate frame rattle? If not, what is the part number from autoattire? Thanks
Old 09-03-06, 11:13 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,842 Likes on 2,330 Posts

Why isn't there a Club Lexus plate frame? I would buy one for sure if it were done right.
Old 09-03-06, 11:50 PM
ABC
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Just out of curiosity, why do you guys keep your dealer frames on? Is it simply personal preference? or somethign with the dealer?

As soon as my plates come in from CA dmv, i'm tossing my dealer frames and just placing the plate on there.
Old 09-04-06, 12:07 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,842 Likes on 2,330 Posts

That's exactly what I did. I don't recall signing a deal with Longo permitting them to use my car as a marketing tool. Ad space costs. Ask anyone involved in racing.

Oh, yeah, they came off the instant I got home. I didn't wait for the plates to arrive to stop advertising.

Last edited by lobuxracer; 09-04-06 at 02:58 AM.
Old 09-04-06, 12:37 AM
r4z0r3ck
Lead Lap

i have my alma mater... i graduated school and i got was a degree, license plate frame, and a sweater...
Old 09-04-06, 01:38 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MrMut
Just out of curiosity, why do you guys keep your dealer frames on? Is it simply personal preference? or somethign with the dealer?

As soon as my plates come in from CA dmv, i'm tossing my dealer frames and just placing the plate on there.
you can toss your dealer plate and frame already... they're not temp plates.
Old 09-04-06, 01:51 AM
scawacs
Driver

i think these are really nice

http://www.autolicenseframes.com/sto...&cat=68&page=1
Old 09-04-06, 05:06 AM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still have the dealer's license plate frame on my car. I too prefer not to do free advertising for anyone, but since I haven't found a frame I like, I'll keep this one on for now. The JM Lexus (where I got my car from) frame is actually of pretty good quality.
Old 09-04-06, 06:24 AM
tgara
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
That's exactly what I did. I don't recall signing a deal with Longo permitting them to use my car as a marketing tool. Ad space costs. Ask anyone involved in racing.
Exactly right. In fact, I half-jokingly told the dealer that if he was going to put his dealership frames on my car, I'd have to charge him.

When you close the trunk, does that 2 hole plate frame rattle? If not, what is the part number from autoattire? Thanks
Very little. These frames have tabs on the bottom that hold the license plate against the frame, but my frame is not perfectly level. I believe this is causing the rattle, and is something easily fixed -- I just have to do it.

Here's the link for the chrome ones I have.

http://www.autoattire.com/licplatframp.html

The "Style" is "2-hole thin all around".

Edit: Here's another website I've ordered from before. They sell a black nickel plate frame, that is almost like "black chrome". I believe this will go well for those who have black emblems on their cars.

http://www.licenseplatesonline.com/M...ory_Code=plain

Last edited by tgara; 09-04-06 at 06:33 AM.
Old 09-04-06, 07:02 AM
go blue 99
Rookie

I would put a college alumni plate frame on this car. I love seeing alumni plates on luxury cars like this one- it adds a lot of class (assuming the frame has a simple design).

Quick Reply: Rear License Plate Frames