Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pete C
Unfortunately, no.
Bummer!!!
Old 11-14-06, 07:18 PM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

Okay, I guess I'm the latest one to experience this problem. I purchased my IS the last week of December and just started having this problem last night. I noticed that on my drive home last night it was off 5-10 miles. At one point I was driving down a side road parallel to Florida's Turnpike, and it even put me on there for a little bit. Since it was so far off, I decided to try and set home as my destination and see what it would do. Since it was so far off course to begin with, it kept on having to recalculate the route. Then at one point, it jumped back on course and worked fine for the rest of the night. Tonight it did the same thing. I'm going to watch it for a few days and see if the problem persists.

I may make an appointment to have the dealer check it out since I've had the screen go out on me a few times while driving. It went to a black and dark grey striped screen for a few seconds then came back on.
Old 11-15-06, 07:47 PM
MR LEX
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@ ecr527

Make sure and wait until the 6.1 version is "officially" released (end of this month) before you make your appointment. Otherwise you will end up with the upgraded 5.1 disc like I did

Lexus basically told me that they gave me the most up-to-date disc at the time my appointment was made.

I'm currently negotiating with Lexus on the subject...

and yes, they removed the software override

Lex
Old 11-15-06, 07:55 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

BTW, there is a V5.1 U30 disc that does have the override... I guess it must be this latest U30 disc that doesn't... Strange that they would release two versions of the U30 disc...

Mr. Lex - Can you confirm the part # you posted above? It doesn't seem to confirm to any of the other discs I've seen...
Old 11-15-06, 10:30 PM
MR LEX
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Technique

Mr. Lex - Can you confirm the part # you posted above? It doesn't seem to confirm to any of the other discs I've seen...
I'll do one better by posting an image of my disc

Lex
Old 11-21-06, 10:26 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MR LEX
I'll do one better by posting an image of my disc

Lex
Any luck posting the picture?

Thanks!
Old 11-21-06, 03:50 PM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rekognize
Hi...
my IS nav system has been acting up lately. at first it was locating my car about 5 miles, then 10 miles. after i recalibrated the position using the setup function, it worked fine for 30 min then reverted back to la-la land, about 30 miles away.

anyone else experiencing this problem?

thanks,
mike
There is a TSB on this, #EL013-06... You can get a DVD w/ an OS upgrade, under warranty. I'm not sure if that new OS will do away with the ability to push a few buttons and fool w/ the destination while driving..
Old 11-21-06, 03:55 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dkaplan435
There is a TSB on this, #EL013-06... You can get a DVD w/ an OS upgrade, under warranty. I'm not sure if that new OS will do away with the ability to push a few buttons and fool w/ the destination while driving..
can you post the full tsb?
Old 11-21-06, 07:39 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MR LEX
@ ecr527

Make sure and wait until the 6.1 version is "officially" released (end of this month) before you make your appointment. Otherwise you will end up with the upgraded 5.1 disc like I did

Lexus basically told me that they gave me the most up-to-date disc at the time my appointment was made.

I'm currently negotiating with Lexus on the subject...

and yes, they removed the software override

Lex
Please let me know where you get on this! I'm in the same boat as you, would rather have the upgraded mapping!
Old 12-21-06, 10:53 AM
bturnbaugh
Driver

Default When to get a new disk?

My Nav has got lost a few times but mostly because it was on this new road that is not in the system yet. It bugs the me to death! Am I to get the new disk next year?
Old 12-22-06, 07:53 AM
clubfoot
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bturnbaugh
My Nav has got lost a few times but mostly because it was on this new road that is not in the system yet. It bugs the me to death! Am I to get the new disk next year?
There is a TSB and a newer version disc to fix the GPS problem.
Old 12-22-06, 08:06 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by clubfoot
There is a TSB and a newer version disc to fix the GPS problem.
The replacement disk that the dealer installs as part of the TSB has exactly the same map data as the original. Only the software is new.

If the poster is having problems because he is driving on streets that aren't on the map (as opposed to having the nav lose position because the GPS won't lock - GPS indicator under map scale off), the TSB won't help. To fix that issue he'll have to purchase an updated map disk when it becomes available.

Last edited by Bichon; 12-22-06 at 08:18 AM.
Old 12-22-06, 08:08 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Mine doesnt recognize my home address and my building is old. It does recognize my front neighbor's address though. Go figure.
Old 12-22-06, 08:47 AM
Tchan1
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Same problem happened to me a month ago i had to unplug the battery and let it sit for a few mins, then I plugged it back in and it was fixed. For my 15k service I told them about this problem and they are ordering a part to fix it. When I asked him what part are they ordering to get it fixed, he said that its just a dvd to recalibrate it. The part is not here yet, so I'll just have to wait and see what happens.
Old 12-22-06, 09:15 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by Tchan1
Same problem happened to me a month ago i had to unplug the battery and let it sit for a few mins, then I plugged it back in and it was fixed. For my 15k service I told them about this problem and they are ordering a part to fix it. When I asked him what part are they ordering to get it fixed, he said that its just a dvd to recalibrate it. The part is not here yet, so I'll just have to wait and see what happens.
The replacement DVD has nothing to do with recalibration, it simply updates the software in your navigation system to a version that is better able to lock onto the satellites. I haven't had a problem since the dealer replaced my disc, and noticed on the diagnostic screens that the system is able to see and lock about double the amount of satellites than it used to.

Quick Reply: GPS Positioning problem