Interior color situation

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-06, 04:14 PM
CeoStatus0
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior color situation

I'm kind of stuck....

There is a GFM/Black at the dealer now.... but i want CW/Black... but no allocations here...waiting time is 4-6 weeks so they say (which i don't mind waiting) But i don't think its true

I like Black alot... Sterling is nice too... but I haven't been able to find good pictures of CW with Sterling interior.... I sat in a Silver/Sterling and I think that combo fit well.. I think Sterling works well with a darker color for contrast... but i need White/Sterling pictures

I test drove a CW/Cashmere...I wasn't vibing it, couldn't feel comfotable driving with that interior color

I don't want to settle for a different combo because i don't like anything else as much as CW/Black... but maybe some pictures might change my mind

I might go with a whole new color because CW wasn't my original first choice but damn that ***** just looks so good in the sun
Old 07-26-06, 04:24 PM
MattyL147
Driver

i have cw/cashmere, and i think it's an amazing color combo...my dad has sgm/sterling in his lex and i just think the interior looks so bland, you may want to look at it again...but then again, to each his own
Old 07-26-06, 04:26 PM
deuce2
Rookie

i have a cw but so do 9/10 people i see on the road here.
Old 07-26-06, 04:31 PM
CeoStatus0
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MattyL147
i have cw/cashmere, and i think it's an amazing color combo...my dad has sgm/sterling in his lex and i just think the interior looks so bland, you may want to look at it again...but then again, to each his own
i sat in a CW/Black but it was as AWD... otherwise i'd be all over it. the black is my 1st choice. If they made Sterling into a more charcoal color, i think everyone would be on it, but driving around in the cw/cashmere for some reason it just felt smaller.. or else it could have been the sales guy in the passenger filling up all the empty space

i'm just not a fan of the ligher color interiors
Old 07-26-06, 04:52 PM
taejin09
Lead Lap

I have CW/Black and im loving it! I think GFM is great looking color and looks like CW with much more flakes. Also, there is a new color for 07 replacing CW called Starfire Pearl i think so maybe yuo should wait.
Old 07-26-06, 05:07 PM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

I say hold out for the exact color combo that you want.
Nothing worse than dropping $40k on a brand new car and then regretting it as soon as you drive off the lot. Can't tell you how many threads/posts I've read here from peeps with Buyer's remorse because they settled for less than what they originally wanted. OEM exterior/Interior color is one thing you cannot fix once you take possession . . .
Old 07-26-06, 05:37 PM
CeoStatus0
Pole Position

yea.. i might just have to wait because i gotta have the CW/Black... i just hope the Starfire Pearl looks like CW.... because GFM has too much pearl to me and hopefully the SP will just have a hint more pearl than CW that way it doesn't change much

i still might have to wait regardless because no one wants to give me a good price... trying to screw me over because they size me up because i'll go into the dealership by myself and I look young.. but as soon as i say i'm going to pay cash then their customer service skills jumps up...
Old 07-26-06, 07:09 PM
FITYSCENTS
Rookie

Default learn from

my mistake

I settled on CW/cashmere which I think is a beautiful combo, but it was not the combo I origianlly like. Iwant black interior originally, because of the sporty look. Now I can say Iregretted my decision. My best advice is to be patient and never settle.
Old 07-26-06, 08:18 PM
CeoStatus0
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FITYSCENTS
my mistake

I settled on CW/cashmere which I think is a beautiful combo, but it was not the combo I origianlly like. Iwant black interior originally, because of the sporty look. Now I can say Iregretted my decision. My best advice is to be patient and never settle.
I agree "never settle" on some cars i can have 2 colors, like an either or thing, because i like both colors the same.. but on the IS its either you like the I can only have the CW...

orginally i wanted SGM but the color doesn't seem constant. it looks sweet at night but in the day i'm not liking it as much... day or night CW is clean
Old 07-26-06, 09:25 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How funny, maybe we should trade once you get your car? I originally wanted GFM/black but then that'd mean I'd have to wait an additional 4 months on top of the 3 that I was told so that would've made it 7 months.

My second choice was CW with Sterling interior but they didn't make such a combo in my area, per the salesman. So I ended up ordering a CW with black interior. I have to say that CW/black is the best combo because it just looks really sporty and everything meshes well with the plastic aluminum trim.

I say wait for exactly what you want so that you don't end up with buyer's remorse!
Old 07-26-06, 09:29 PM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CeoStatus0
yea.. i might just have to wait because i gotta have the CW/Black... i just hope the Starfire Pearl looks like CW.... because GFM has too much pearl to me and hopefully the SP will just have a hint more pearl than CW that way it doesn't change much

i still might have to wait regardless because no one wants to give me a good price... trying to screw me over because they size me up because i'll go into the dealership by myself and I look young.. but as soon as i say i'm going to pay cash then their customer service skills jumps up...
they should let u mix and match....

wouldn't it be neat to have CW on the front end... slowly fade to GFM in the backend =) ....or SGM fading to Black =]
Old 07-26-06, 09:59 PM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CeoStatus0
... i still might have to wait regardless because no one wants to give me a good price... trying to screw me over because they size me up because i'll go into the dealership by myself and I look young.. but as soon as i say i'm going to pay cash then their customer service skills jumps up...
Which city/region do you live ? Ever thought about buying in SoCal - I only say this because there's about 12 Lexus dealers within a 50 mile radius of Los Angeles. You could correspond by email and see what kind of pricing you can get on your model/color combo - the savings could be worth a one way plane ride and the nice drive back home in your new IS . . .
Old 07-26-06, 10:11 PM
CeoStatus0
Pole Position

Originally Posted by imaputz
they should let u mix and match....

wouldn't it be neat to have CW on the front end... slowly fade to GFM in the backend =) ....or SGM fading to Black =]
now you just talking hotwheels...haha

I have an itch to just drive to the dealer lot right now and look at the CW and GFM side by side again... if i only had a camera.. the last time i was there the lighting was playing tricks on me... you can see all the flakes in the CW and it just stood out, the GFM you can see the pearl in and you can see the big difference in color side by side and GFM looks like its an off white compared to CW

but in the day GFM can look really good at certain angles... i don't know maybe its just me but i feel like GFM is too "fancy" for me and subconciously its what is making me put a mental block on it so i can't like it as much as the CW

i should just go hit up a drive thru then head to the dealer lot and sit and eat right in front of the cars and see if i can decided haha
Old 07-27-06, 06:45 AM
tgara
Pole Position

Ours is crystal white with black interior. I like the look a lot. The contrast between the white exterior and the black interior is both dramatic and sporty.

Generally, I prefer a beige or tan or cashmere interior, but the thing I didn't like about the Lexus choices here was that if a tan interior is chosen, its actually a combination of black and tan. I've seen several photos of other members' cashmere interiors, and it just didn't work for me. At least with the black interior, the color is uniform throughout the interior. Again, this is just my preference. You'll have to decide what is best for you, but I agree with others who say don't settle. Be patient and get exactly what you want, especially in an interior. After all, you've got to look at it every day. You better like it!
Old 07-27-06, 10:31 AM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tgara
Ours is crystal white with black interior. I like the look a lot. The contrast between the white exterior and the black interior is both dramatic and sporty.

Generally, I prefer a beige or tan or cashmere interior, but the thing I didn't like about the Lexus choices here was that if a tan interior is chosen, its actually a combination of black and tan. I've seen several photos of other members' cashmere interiors, and it just didn't work for me. At least with the black interior, the color is uniform throughout the interior. Again, this is just my preference. You'll have to decide what is best for you, but I agree with others who say don't settle. Be patient and get exactly what you want, especially in an interior. After all, you've got to look at it every day. You better like it!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the black interiors, aren't the headliners and the pillar covers grey ? I thought I recall a black/grey 2 tone combo going on in the black interiors . . .

Quick Reply: Interior color situation