IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Aftermarket Sound System Owners Post Your Setup!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-15, 12:58 PM
kkilmore89
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A lot of great setups in this thread, love it

Anyone willing to help me along with my system build?

Sorry for reviving a old thread ha
Old 04-05-15, 06:08 PM
G4lexboi
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Simple clean JL Everything 12w6v3 J JX500/1 amp custom box
Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket Sound System Owners Post Your Setup!-image.jpg  
Old 04-07-15, 07:25 AM
Fojo
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jw669
How are you guys anchoring down the sub box? I have the same/similar set up. My box goes flying towards the rear of the car when I unleash the beast. I've temporarily added a bungee cord to span across the front, but would like something less intrusive
I stuff a bunch of towels on top of the box to wedge it in under the rear deck. Works great and adds a little insulation
Old 04-08-15, 08:09 AM
kkilmore89
Rookie

I have never done a stereo upgrade on a system that you can't easily replace the headunit. What has everyone done? I see a lot of people running the jl clean sweep. I want the ability to upgrade the doors, but my main focus is the sub currently. Can someone help me get the correct components for my car? I have the 2011 IS350 Fsport with Nav.
Old 04-08-15, 12:40 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by kkilmore89
I have never done a stereo upgrade on a system that you can't easily replace the headunit. What has everyone done? I see a lot of people running the jl clean sweep. I want the ability to upgrade the doors, but my main focus is the sub currently. Can someone help me get the correct components for my car? I have the 2011 IS350 Fsport with Nav.

Here is what I did on mine. I'd probably use the Audison Bit 10 now. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...with-pics.html
Old 04-08-15, 01:21 PM
kkilmore89
Rookie

If I go the route a few have by replacing the headunit, what will be involved in this?
Old 04-08-15, 03:55 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by kkilmore89
If I go the route a few have by replacing the headunit, what will be involved in this?
Too much work. That's what!
Old 08-07-15, 12:58 PM
IBIS250
Driver School Candidate

Default Single DIN install

Im about to install a single din headunit into my 08 Is250, I have a peice that replaces the factory
CD player to install it there on the bottom of the stack, the headunit imgetting has option to support my steering wheel controls, what I need is a wiring harness adapter to,go between the new HU and the factory wiring, Ive been looking all over the internet and Im mot sure what to get, I dont think I need the Pac Tato one to interface with my SW controls, since the new one supports it, but I cant seem to find a wiring kit,anyone thats done the swap, I need help
Old 08-12-15, 10:17 PM
LeXmanG
Rookie

IBIS, it all comes down to whether or not you have NAV... Without NAV, the process appears to be quite a bit more involved as you can never do away with the factory HU board (the HVAC is routed through this unit, so if you remove it entirely, you'll disable your AC).

I'm presently looking into starting a project like this (HU swap on my non-nav 06 IS350). I picked up a temperature board and factory HU/Changer from eBay for less than 200 to begin the fabrication process and start tinkering...

Here are some DIY posts and pics showing what I located on another site.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...ouble-din.html

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...tion-help.html

I'm aiming for something like the pictured setup below, but with the HU on the top and the HVAC controls underneath it.

I'm planning on bypassing the factory amp entirely; but in the event I decide not to, I'm going to use the AXXESS AX-ADBOX1http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...AX-ADBOX1.html, with this wiring harness http://www.metraonline.com/part/AX-ADTY01 for the interface between the new HU and the factory amp. I haven't done enough research yet, but an AXXESS ASWC-1http://axxessinterfaces.com/index.ph...age=page&id=19 may, or may not be required for the steering wheel interface.

Last edited by LeXmanG; 08-12-15 at 10:37 PM.
Old 08-13-15, 04:06 PM
IBIS250
Driver School Candidate

LeXmanG,

Yeah I was actually overthinking the problem, and then it hit me, I move the factory headunit to the glovebox, imstall my new HU in its place, make a few wiring connections, run my RCA's and turn on wire to the trunk, install my 2 12' subs, and two amps, then I will unplug the factory amp and pickup my speaker wores there
Old 08-13-15, 08:05 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You may want to sift through the thread that I posted when I did my install. Started out looking for a dash kit but didn't like the options on the market. Ended up being a trial and error install, but I got it right in the end. Ended up buying a center display and CD changer on eBay and modifying it in order to do my single DIN install. I am on DIYMA as well, screen name there is Slammer. Great site with tons of car audio info available. I like the 2nd install link the best even though I'm not a fan of double DINs.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...250-350-a.html

Last edited by Slammer1; 08-13-15 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Thought of something after post, as always......
Old 08-13-15, 10:49 PM
LeXmanG
Rookie

Originally Posted by Slammer1
You may want to sift through the thread that I posted when I did my install. Started out looking for a dash kit but didn't like the options on the market. Ended up being a trial and error install, but I got it right in the end. Ended up buying a center display and CD changer on eBay and modifying it in order to do my single DIN install. I am on DIYMA as well, screen name there is Slammer. Great site with tons of car audio info available. I like the 2nd install link the best even though I'm not a fan of double DINs.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...250-350-a.html
Slammer-

Would you be willing to share the wiring schematics you took a snap shot of in your single din install link? Nice job on your in-house fabrication project too by the way! Reminds me of my headlight retrofit. Couldn't stand the output of the garbage factory projectors, so I went from this:

To this:

For the finishing of the dashboard when my aftermarket Hu install is complete, I'm going to skin it with real carbon fiber (like my center console below) since its almost impossible to match the paint:

Last edited by LeXmanG; 08-13-15 at 11:10 PM.
Old 08-14-15, 02:53 AM
marcsis250
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

here is the one I built. haven't painted it yet. haven't decided on the color.
Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket Sound System Owners Post Your Setup!-img_20150407_124220.jpg  
Old 08-14-15, 08:23 AM
LeXmanG
Rookie

Originally Posted by marcsis250
here is the one I built. haven't painted it yet. haven't decided on the color.
Nice! Interesting choice with two single DIN units. On the wiring side, did you tap wires and bypass the factory amp, our use an aftermarket integration unit for the factory amp?
Old 08-15-15, 11:00 AM
355F1
Racer

Received 596 Likes on 382 Posts

5 years later and still going strong. Although I have had to replace one subwoofer.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...h-install.html

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Sound System Owners Post Your Setup!