IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Vaistech SLI iPOD intergration installed(pics)

Old 06-10-06, 11:48 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So you can only access playlists through the touch screen or EVERYthing?
Old 06-11-06, 02:00 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Seriously cool stuff Nuum!!!!
Old 06-11-06, 01:57 PM
BShears
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've read other threads where people used the ash tray as the spot for the iPod cable.

What's your opinion?

Why did you choose the center console?

Since you don't need to access the iPod anymore AND you want to prevent yourself from playing with it while driving, why not put the cable in your glove compartment?
Old 06-11-06, 02:25 PM
mvalpreda
Driver School Candidate

So how do you scroll through artists? Touch screen? Or can you go page by page with the steering wheel controls? If so....is it fast? Or slow? I had an Alpine with iPod integration and it would show 3 on a page and it would take a long time to get from A to M!

And I'm with the rest of you, I still don't know if this totally eliminates the "I Agree" or not.
Old 06-11-06, 02:33 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,292 Posts

VVT-i,

I think what you're saying on the "I agree" bypass is that the message still shows up, but with the Vaistech unit in place it goes away on its own after 5 seconds without having to touch anything. Is that right?

If you turn off your car in say, FM radio mode (and the I agree doesn't show up until after you hit the NAV button later during the drive, does it do the same thing? Hhere I'm assuming the IS NAV operates the same as the Eclipse nav in my GS or the OEM in the LS and doesn't prompt the "I agree" confirmation until after you enter NAV mode.
Old 06-11-06, 02:59 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
VVT-i,

I think what you're saying on the "I agree" bypass is that the message still shows up, but with the Vaistech unit in place it goes away on its own after 5 seconds without having to touch anything. Is that right?

If you turn off your car in say, FM radio mode (and the I agree doesn't show up until after you hit the NAV button later during the drive, does it do the same thing? Hhere I'm assuming the IS NAV operates the same as the Eclipse nav in my GS or the OEM in the LS and doesn't prompt the "I agree" confirmation until after you enter NAV mode.
Correct Dave, the " I Agree" still show up on the Nav,but after 5 seconds the " I Agree" buttom will flash( just like when you touch the screen) and the Map screen will show up.

On the factory Nav from 2001 and up everytime when you restart the car the Nav screen will show up automatically.
Old 06-11-06, 02:59 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

What I think he's trying to say, is that the Vaistech unit automatically changes to the Audio screen after 5 seconds, rather just staying on the "I Agree" screen. But when he goes back to Nav, the "I Agree" screen is still there, until pressing "I Agree".
Old 06-11-06, 03:02 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,292 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboIS
What I think he's trying to say, is that the Vaistech unit automatically changes to the Audio screen after 5 seconds, rather just staying on the "I Agree" screen. But when he goes back to Nav, the "I Agree" screen is still there, until pressing "I Agree".

I don't think that what he's saying at all... although I'm guessing you replied at the same time he confirmed my guess and didn't read what he wrote.
Old 06-11-06, 03:09 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by knihc2008
So you can only access playlists through the touch screen or EVERYthing?
I can access all my playlist from the touch screen and using the steering control to select the song. The playlist have to use the touch screen only.
Richie, thanks man.

BShears, I put in the center console for easy access so I don't have to reach into the glove box. I was thinking about the glove box too, but I found the center console more convenience.

Mvalpreda, the system responded pretty fast. I said less than a second to go to the next page or next playlist or next song. It will show 6 playlists on one page.

Last edited by VVT-i; 06-11-06 at 03:28 PM.
Old 06-11-06, 03:14 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TimboIS
The main screen with " I Agree" still there after you start up the car, but if you wait about 5 seconds the " I Agree " will flash and that will take you to the map screen.

You still have to touch the Audio buttom to bring up the CD Changer screen which is your iPod screen. Sorry about the confusing guys.

Now, I spend more time this weekend download about 500 songs more into my iPod.
Old 06-11-06, 03:29 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the clarification, I can't wait to get mine and get back to listening more to my iPod. I don't intent to access my ipod at all and since I could use the room in center console, mine will probably go in the glove box. I totally believe in playlists so the couple dozen I already have will be nice. Too bad no album art.
Old 06-11-06, 03:30 PM
gmeardi
Rookie

Being this a "Vaistech thread", does anyone know anything about the
"AVIC-100i A/V Auxiliary Input Adapter with Apple® iPod™ interface"
that's actually given for 'unavailable' in their website.

That interface could be quite nice to exploit even the video and not only the iPod audio features...
and perhaps it could be able to show the album cover on the nav screen (like on the ipod)...

Any ideas? Thanks
Old 06-11-06, 03:34 PM
SoCal_IS
Driver School Candidate

A couple of questions...

I don't use playlists on my ipod. Can I still play music by navigating to music > artist > album > song?

On this screen does it display the mp3 title as it's named on your computer (ie. Ricky Martin-Best Of-01-Livin La Vida Loca.mp3) or does it display the mp3 title based on ID3 tag (ie. Livin La Vida Loca)?
Old 06-11-06, 03:43 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SoCal_IS
A couple of questions...

I don't use playlists on my ipod. Can I still play music by navigating to music > artist > album > song?

On this screen does it display the mp3 title as it's named on your computer (ie. Ricky Martin-Best Of-01-Livin La Vida Loca.mp3) or does it display the mp3 title based on ID3 tag (ie. Livin La Vida Loca)?
It won't play the music that not int the playlist. I got so many songs that not on the playlist and I can't play them. I have to redo all my files, re-organized and put them in the playlist by band, artist and so on. Some artist I only got one song or two, so I have to created a new playlist called " The mixed" to put those songs in one playlist.
Old 06-11-06, 04:04 PM
SoCal_IS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VVT-i
It won't play the music that not int the playlist. I got so many songs that not on the playlist and I can't play them. I have to redo all my files, re-organized and put them in the playlist by band, artist and so on. Some artist I only got one song or two, so I have to created a new playlist called " The mixed" to put those songs in one playlist.
Ok, gotcha. Any insight on my second question?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vaistech SLI iPOD intergration installed(pics)