IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Interior Noise! Do your IS have it too?

Old 06-08-06, 02:00 PM
alonedrift
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Noise! Do your IS have it too?

It's going on to three weeks of driving the is250. The ride is comfortable and the power is okay. One main complain is the interior noise. The cd dash seems to squeak when going over bumps and the driver side seat belt does a minor rattle noise that is quite annoying. Also when I turn up the speakers in the back seat seems to have something loose. I am also kind of disappointed about the wind noise. When I'm riding in my friend's bmw 330i, I was kinda jealous of how quiet the cabin is. I'm gonna bring the IS into service and have them check it up this week. Do your IS have the same interior noise too?
Old 06-08-06, 02:03 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

I have a bit of wind noise, but I don't mind it. Nearly 10k miles on my 2IS with not squeaks or rattles to report so far.
Old 06-08-06, 02:03 PM
Kermee
Lead Lap

Lots of 2IS CL owners have reported varying degrees of noise in the cabin. Generally overall, I still believe the build quality is above-standard on the 2IS. The QA is probably a bit to be desired since there has been varying degrees of nuisances found with the 2IS.

I found out my wind-noise is mostly from the outside door handles.

Cheers,
Kermee
Old 06-08-06, 02:18 PM
BrightIS
Driver School Candidate

I am happy to say my IS 350 is rattle and squeek free. I also don't notice wind noise though tire roar is fairly loud. I am obsessed with interior noise and have turned down other cars. I found the BMW as loud if not louder.
Old 06-08-06, 03:15 PM
Dabigman
Lead Lap

The drivers door has noticeable wind noise and really annoys me. The wind noise seems to bother some more than others but is consistent across the board from what I can tell. I came from a pickup which had a lot and I thought the cabin in the IS was going to be extremely quiet but its not.
Old 06-08-06, 05:46 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

I don't really have a problem with wind noise but the driver's seat belt does make a little rattle noise on bumps and the squeak in my driver's seat is getting real bad, it's going in on Monday to have that all looked at and to have my DVD changer replaced, again.....
Old 06-08-06, 06:31 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

No noise in mine. I did the nav hack and bolted everything back pretty tightly. Only thing I can complian about is a bit of distortion from too much bass: not a rattling sound, but a muffled sound...
Old 06-08-06, 06:33 PM
knox_sport
Driver

Originally Posted by Kermee
Lots of 2IS CL owners have reported varying degrees of noise in the cabin. Generally overall, I still believe the build quality is above-standard on the 2IS. The QA is probably a bit to be desired since there has been varying degrees of nuisances found with the 2IS.
Do you think the 2IS is less noisy than the original IS?
Old 06-08-06, 06:53 PM
Galaxy 40
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BrightIS
I am happy to say my IS 350 is rattle and squeek free. I also don't notice wind noise though tire roar is fairly loud. I am obsessed with interior noise and have turned down other cars. I found the BMW as loud if not louder.

I agree about the noise that is coming from the tires,With the radio off and just driving on a flat and smooth road you can hear it.
Old 06-08-06, 07:06 PM
paeko73
Pole Position

My suggestion is to stay home and probably have NO noise at all! Come on! We are driving a car, not sleeping in a first class sound-proof hotel suite guys!
Old 06-08-06, 07:25 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by paeko73
My suggestion is to stay home and probably have NO noise at all! Come on! We are driving a car, not sleeping in a first class sound-proof hotel suite guys!
I agree... There are 2 conditions in which I feel complaining about wind noise is called for:

1) If we were refferring to an LS instead of an IS
or
2) If the wind noise was excessive

Neither of which is the case.
Old 06-08-06, 07:30 PM
Reyngel
Lead Lap

My car is astoundingly quiet and without any squeaks or rattles. All of the passengers I've had in my car have gone out of their way to comment on how quiet the car is. I'd say it's about equal to the 1IS. There is a tiny bit of road noise, but that can easily be corrected with different tires.
Old 06-08-06, 07:34 PM
xwhite250
Driver School Candidate

My sunroof rattles pretty bad... it seems to be pretty common as there have been several threads on it... this is just something i didn't expect from lexus
Old 06-08-06, 07:54 PM
alonedrift
Driver School Candidate

Lexus supposed to be real quiet!!!
Old 06-08-06, 09:30 PM
SeattLexus
Driver School Candidate

Yup. Pretty disappointed in the rattles and squeaks my my IS has. I'm bringing it in to the dealership next week to have the various noises addressed. My M3 is even quieter than the IS. Car rattles are a major pet peeve of mine - especially on a brand new car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Interior Noise! Do your IS have it too?