IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Navi issues

Old 05-23-06, 10:22 AM
Nicelex13
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navi issues

Im having a couple issues with the navi...I hate how the it fails to find addresses (says house number does not exist on that street), happens most of the time, even when i input my own house address (while i was sitting in the driveway!).
Secondly, if i set it as intersection option, it wont allow me to type in street numbers such as 73rd street and 40th av. Its mainly for street names such as Franklin Street and Washington Av.
Old 05-23-06, 10:55 AM
Turkoman
Pole Position

I have not gotten my IS delivered yet so I have not used the gen 5 Nav much but in our two other cars, stuff like that happens because you either have the city or the state selected wrong and it does not recognize anything.
Old 05-23-06, 11:01 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

or you live in a new area that doesn't have map data yet.
Old 05-23-06, 11:08 AM
Nicelex13
Pole Position

Thought of both of those things...1) im selected in the right region already, double checked. and 2) its not new because i live in miami, fl and these streets have been around for at least 50 years.
Old 05-23-06, 11:19 AM
Bengalfang
Driver

I have the same issues. My parents house number which is pretty old does not exist. I had to drive there and mark it. Then it gave some different house number. I also noticed that the Nav thinks there is a chinese restaurant within my apartment complex. New China it's called. I haven't seen it yet though.
Old 05-23-06, 12:44 PM
Turkoman
Pole Position

That makes me concerned. I have never had any trouble with the Acura system and assumed Lexus would be similar. The only thing Acura nav misses is if the structure was built after the nav was released. The MB system while not as good is pretty close to the Acura one. I would be disappointed if the gen 5 Lexus had problems like that.

However, I have always heard that the Lexus one was almost as good as the Honda/Acura version. So I am still thinking that it may be a settings issue and less likely but possible, a defect in your specific nav unit.
Old 05-23-06, 12:54 PM
Bengalfang
Driver

It's not a problem with the Nav Unit, but with the Nav software. Whatever company Lexus is using isn't great. Hopefully when the new DVD comes it will be more updated.

Speaking of the new DVD.... anybody have any clue when it comes out? All I know is that the updates cost like 300 dollars! What a rip off.

Originally Posted by Turkoman
That makes me concerned. I have never had any trouble with the Acura system and assumed Lexus would be similar. The only thing Acura nav misses is if the structure was built after the nav was released. The MB system while not as good is pretty close to the Acura one. I would be disappointed if the gen 5 Lexus had problems like that.

However, I have always heard that the Lexus one was almost as good as the Honda/Acura version. So I am still thinking that it may be a settings issue and less likely but possible, a defect in your specific nav unit.
Old 05-23-06, 01:03 PM
Nicelex13
Pole Position

my dealer said they give it to you for free...once a year
Old 05-23-06, 01:15 PM
GreyDemon

Originally Posted by Nicelex13
my dealer said they give it to you for free...once a year
They won't give you **** for free, whoever told you that is a dufus
Old 05-23-06, 01:15 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i have trouble finding addresses that i input too. if i put a specific street number it wont' find it. but if i search by street name first then input the numbers afterwards... it'll find it.
Old 05-23-06, 01:22 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Turkoman
The MB system while not as good is pretty close to the Acura one.
MB nav is a POS. It doesn't even remember the address number or address location on the street(ie. which side of the street). You have to keep that on a piece of paper. It only tells you that you are on the street where the address is located.
Old 05-23-06, 01:38 PM
PinoyBruin
Driver

Remember not to leave extra blank spaces after you input the house address otherwise it'll never find the location. I've encountered this when trying to put my house address and it kept telling me that the address on the street did not exist so I went back to the house number and figured out that there was a blank space that followed after the number. After that it worked perfectly.
Old 05-23-06, 01:57 PM
Nicelex13
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GreyDemon
They won't give you **** for free, whoever told you that is a dufus
too bad im friends with the owner of lexus of kendall...
Old 05-23-06, 04:16 PM
tsp5
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ULTiMaX99
i have trouble finding addresses that i input too. if i put a specific street number it wont' find it. but if i search by street name first then input the numbers afterwards... it'll find it.
Same here. Most times If I enter the street name first, then go back and input the number, it works perfectly. If I try it the other way around, I get the "does not exist" message.
Old 05-23-06, 04:20 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nicelex13
too bad im friends with the owner of lexus of kendall...
hehe, that's a little bit different than saying "my dealership said they give it for free."

if anyone has been told that, you should go back and get it in writing. often times the dealership is mistaken and when you come back, they won't be able to offer you a free disc. get it in writing before the new disc is available.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Navi issues