IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Transfer Phonebook

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-06, 11:10 AM
FrankyJ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Transfer Phonebook

Anyone know how to transfer the whole phonebook to the cars system for a Moto V3?
Old 05-09-06, 11:54 AM
vasco
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankyJ
Anyone know how to transfer the whole phonebook to the cars system for a Moto V3?
If it's Cingular, like mine, you can't do it. One entry at a time only.
Old 05-09-06, 11:57 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^agree. I think you can only transfer one at a time.
Old 05-09-06, 12:44 PM
FrankyJ
Lexus Test Driver

ahhh stupid razr, i hate it, i had it for a year and i wanna smash it into pieces
Old 05-09-06, 01:34 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wait wait, give it to me before you smash it. I'll "do" it for you. I'll make sure to take care of the "problem"
Old 05-09-06, 01:48 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Be glad you don't have the Verizon RAZR, they disabled the object push profile so you can't even transfer one contact at a time.

(I just flashed my Verizon RAZR with Alltel firmware, so I'm at least able to transfer contacts one at a time now)
Old 05-12-06, 07:54 PM
rovers2
Driver School Candidate

OK, if my Cingular Razr can only tranfer one entry at a time how do you do it? My salesman tried for quite awhile but was unsuccessful. He had it saying it was transferring but when we looked at the phonebook it had multiple entries of the same #
Old 05-12-06, 09:51 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rovers2
OK, if my Cingular Razr can only tranfer one entry at a time how do you do it? My salesman tried for quite awhile but was unsuccessful. He had it saying it was transferring but when we looked at the phonebook it had multiple entries of the same #
Okay, these instructions are what I use on my V3c, a Verizon RAZR flashed with Alltel firmware. I believe your Cingular V3 should work the same.

1. On the phone, press "contacts" and highlight the entry you wish to transfer. Press the "Options" key and scroll down and press "Share Phonebook Entry". It will show you all of the bluetooth devices that the phone knows. Select the one for the car, but don't press it yet.

2. On the car, press "transfer", select the group, and then press "add to". It will tell you to start the transfer.

3. Now, back at the phone, go ahead and press that bluetooth name. You should then see a status screen (on the phone) as it transfers the contact to the car.

4. A few seconds later, the car should say "transfer completed" and you are done with that entry.

Note:
a. If you have your phonebook (on the phone) set up in "view primary contacts" mode, and you have multiple phone numbers with the same contact name, all numbers for that contact will be transferred at once.
Old 05-12-06, 10:01 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

One more thing. If you want your Razr to truly integrate with your car, you got to do it right!
Attached Thumbnails Transfer Phonebook-myrazr.jpg  
Old 05-13-06, 03:24 AM
Bengalfang
Driver

I also have the VC3. But I have the firmware before they disabled the Obex. (I can transfer to/from my laptop w/ BT). However there is not "transfer" option on the phone menu. Anyway I can get these phone numbers into my car without typing them again?

Thanks
Old 05-13-06, 05:07 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Bengalfang
I also have the VC3. But I have the firmware before they disabled the Obex. (I can transfer to/from my laptop w/ BT). However there is not "transfer" option on the phone menu. Anyway I can get these phone numbers into my car without typing them again?

Thanks
Having OBEX file transfer doesn't help, since the Denso handsfree system used in Toyota/Lexus cars uses OPP, the bluetooth object push profile. None of the Verizon firmware versions, even the oldest one where they accidently left OBEX active, have OPP. The only way to be able to transfer contacts directly from a Verizon RAZR to your IS is to say asta-la-vista to your phone's warranty, and flash it with the Alltel firmware.
Old 05-13-06, 07:58 AM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

not sure about the v3c but my e815 (i think thats the model) you can add your contacts to groups and then transfer the group over
Old 05-13-06, 07:59 AM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by FrankyJ
ahhh stupid razr, i hate it, i had it for a year and i wanna smash it into pieces
and thats what you get for buying a gimmick phone
Old 05-13-06, 08:06 AM
NotFatBoy
Pole Position

yea, like everyone else said you can only transfer one at a time.

lucky for me I have an unlocked Sony Ericsson w810i and I was able to transfer my entire phonebook at once
Old 05-13-06, 07:15 PM
muzzman1
Driver

Originally Posted by NotFatBoy
yea, like everyone else said you can only transfer one at a time.

lucky for me I have an unlocked Sony Ericsson w810i and I was able to transfer my entire phonebook at once
I have a SLVR, and of course it has no push OBEX just like the v3... but I realized that I had a old t616 (maybe you guys might have an old phone laying around too or a friend that has one!) so i just copied most of my #'s to the t616 via the sim, and connected the t616 to the car and was able to copy the entire (250 phone # max limited by the sim) to the car.
I did this the 1st day I had the car....it was a piece of cake!

Quick Reply: Transfer Phonebook