Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

SmartKey - Did you know...

Old 04-27-06, 05:07 PM   #31
flybret
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Send a message via AIM to flybret

I just went for my first service (6 month check up) and asked the guy about this and the remote windows up. He said you cannot do either. I'm glad I came across this. Thanks man.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
flybret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-06, 07:59 AM   #32
kensteele
Lexus Champion

It's ok to re-share information from time to time. If it's really popular (and cool), then maybe it can be an faq. It's not that ok to say "hey guys look what i just discovered did you know you can hold the button down and the windows roll down" when it is in the faq or when it's well known and doesn't require discussion (unlike this topic which does require discussion because it is complex).

anyway, sharing is cool and it's ok, i know sometimes i ask people to use the search but only when their thread is right about the thread that gives them the simple answer or when they ask something that can be easily found like "can my dvd play videos?"

sharing without searching is cool, asking without searching may not be so cool. but you should use the faq if you are new. in any case, i try to stay positive.
Old 05-03-06, 08:47 PM   #33
Style2k6
Pole Position

If Lexus had made it so the windows could be put up by the remote it would have solved the engine running while not in the car dilemma, then you would be able to start the car reach in lock the doors and then push the button to roll the windows up. apon return press the button to roll the windows down.
Style2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-06, 11:27 AM   #34
06i
Driver

so that is for the customizable door locks, is there a full printout of how to change ALL the customizable options... (ie. door lock on gear/speed , dome light timeout, trunk release delay etc etc - basically all the customizable options in the manual)

the manual states they need to be "configured at the dealership by special equipment" but i'm sure that's BS

thanks in advance
06i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-06, 11:37 AM   #35
Bichon
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06i
so that is for the customizable door locks, is there a full printout of how to change ALL the customizable options... (ie. door lock on gear/speed , dome light timeout, trunk release delay etc etc - basically all the customizable options in the manual)

the manual states they need to be "configured at the dealership by special equipment" but i'm sure that's BS

thanks in advance
Same answer as when you asked in the other thread: It's not BS. You need a scan tool that is capable of programming the Toyota c-best system.
Old 05-10-06, 04:51 PM   #36
kensteele
Lexus Champion

to add, most people do not know how they want these options setup when they take deliver of their new car. lexus asks that you take your car home, get use to it the way it functions, and then come back later to have all these settings customized. you can do this once, free of charge. that way you have a better idea of what you might like or dislike.
Old 05-10-06, 08:32 PM   #37
LXSofNboro
Driver School Candidate

Also,

If you are sitting in the driver seat and do it, the "display" between the speedo and tach will confirm which doors will unlock-

and it might be on the GS, you can set it so that both drivers side doors unlock, too
LXSofNboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-06, 02:24 AM   #38
Big Andy
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybret
I just went for my first service (6 month check up) and asked the guy about this and the remote windows up. He said you cannot do either. I'm glad I came across this. Thanks man.
I have the remote windows up on my IS. You press and hold unlock to wind all the windows down and then press lock and hold it to wind all the windows up. Is this feature not available in the US?
Big Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-06, 03:00 AM   #39
inecstaz
Pole Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Andy
I have the remote windows up on my IS. You press and hold unlock to wind all the windows down and then press lock and hold it to wind all the windows up. Is this feature not available in the US?

Are you freakin kidding me!>!? It doesnt seem to work in the US.... thats BS! I want that feature!
- 6500k HID
inecstaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-06, 03:52 AM   #40
Big Andy
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by inecstaz
Are you freakin kidding me!>!? It doesnt seem to work in the US.... thats BS! I want that feature!
Yeah it works - I'm sitting at my desk right now watching my windows go up and down outside.
Big Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-06, 06:06 AM   #41
EBMCS03
Lead Lap

Send a message via AIM to EBMCS03

Quote:
Yeah it works - I'm sitting at my desk right now watching my windows go up and down outside.

UK... only in Europe. Same with BMW and other cars... The sue happy US doesnt allow it. They should have added what Merc uses... a IR port on the door handle so you can roll up the windows only if you are in the line of sight of the IR port.
EBMCS03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-06, 07:26 AM   #42
tdog09
Driver

Quote:

stupid US ......i still love her though

man i wish we had this feature!!
tdog09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-06, 12:50 PM   #43
syn1313
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Andy View Post
WHat WHAT WHAT.... can we find a way to make this work????
Old 11-15-06, 01:01 PM   #44
jasonviper
Pole Position

Yeah there has to be a way! Anyone??
jasonviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-06, 01:27 PM   #45
EBMCS03
Lead Lap

Send a message via AIM to EBMCS03

Is the only way to roll up the windows outside the car is to pop off the key hole cover and use the metal key and turn?

I know BMWs comfort access you can push and hold the lock button the door handle and it will roll up the windows but I tried it on the IS and that didnt work.
EBMCS03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-06, 01:27 PM