IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Cool/neat features of the IS that you discovered.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-10, 05:38 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lummie2IS
So I know holding down the unlock on the fob for a few seconds will roll all the windows down and open the moonroof. Is there a way to close them all with the key fob? I tried holding down the lock button for a few seconds but nothing.
the ones in the UK and maybe some other countries do it. jealousss.
Old 08-24-10, 10:18 AM
OPTiK
Lead Lap

This thread is awesome, definitely gonna try the tilting mirrors in reverse later... hopefully it works!

EDIT: D'oh, doesn't do it on the included luxury pkg for 09's

Last edited by OPTiK; 08-24-10 at 04:06 PM.
Old 08-24-10, 05:40 PM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

On the way to the NorCal Dublin meet I was trying to catch up to rcracer (who was going pretty fast) and had to try to jockey myself in front of a Nissan that was tailgating me earlier to place myself behind rcracer.

Right when I was about to switch lanes, I looked up to see his brake lights on. Being that I'm still not really used to driving this car, I put on the brakes hard and turned the steering the other way. I was thinking, "That's it, I'm going to hit my friend and I'm going down." I braced for the impact.

Suddenly the car started to beep, it down shifted hard and the belts tightened up. They didn't LOCK up, the strap moved upward into the mechanism a couple of inches. Then it moved up some more. I heard the electrical buzz of it being pulled up.

When the car finally was absolutely still the beeping stopped, the belts zipped loose, then zipped even more loose.

Didn't realize the car did that. When I saw the dealer at the meet, he smiled and told me that my car has that feature and it does indeed do that. It was an option that was ordered on that car.

Wow.
Old 08-24-10, 06:38 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by OPTiK
This thread is awesome, definitely gonna try the tilting mirrors in reverse later... hopefully it works!

EDIT: D'oh, doesn't do it on the included luxury pkg for 09's
Yes it does.

You either don't have the luxury package (do you have memory seats?) or you didn't switch the mirror switch to L or R (it won't do it in the middle)
Old 08-24-10, 09:14 PM
Imnutz4jdm
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yo mine transforms into a ufo... yea get on my level with that package lol
Old 08-24-10, 10:46 PM
greg0723
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Micaiah
On the way to the NorCal Dublin meet I was trying to catch up to rcracer (who was going pretty fast) and had to try to jockey myself in front of a Nissan that was tailgating me earlier to place myself behind rcracer.

Right when I was about to switch lanes, I looked up to see his brake lights on. Being that I'm still not really used to driving this car, I put on the brakes hard and turned the steering the other way. I was thinking, "That's it, I'm going to hit my friend and I'm going down." I braced for the impact.

Suddenly the car started to beep, it down shifted hard and the belts tightened up. They didn't LOCK up, the strap moved upward into the mechanism a couple of inches. Then it moved up some more. I heard the electrical buzz of it being pulled up.

When the car finally was absolutely still the beeping stopped, the belts zipped loose, then zipped even more loose.

Didn't realize the car did that. When I saw the dealer at the meet, he smiled and told me that my car has that feature and it does indeed do that. It was an option that was ordered on that car.

Wow.
nice what feature is that? is it standard on all our cars?
Old 08-24-10, 11:18 PM
sangomaru
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like PCS, which is an optional feature. but its now no longer available for the IS, beginning 2011MY.
Old 08-24-10, 11:34 PM
nairb
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by imaputz
has anyone found a cool/neat feature to.............. HOLD COINS!? >=]
On the left side of the drivers seat near the console dimmer **** there is (I assume it takes the place of rear fogs or other optional buttons) a plastic piece that comes out a little and forms a small semicircle. I assume its meant to put like 4-5 quarters in there for the meter. I personally use the ash tray (pops right out so I can dig around for the right coin).
Old 08-25-10, 05:56 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by nairb
On the left side of the drivers seat near the console dimmer **** there is (I assume it takes the place of rear fogs or other optional buttons) a plastic piece that comes out a little and forms a small semicircle. I assume its meant to put like 4-5 quarters in there for the meter. I personally use the ash tray (pops right out so I can dig around for the right coin).
That's only on 08+ models.

Personally I keep my coins in this fantastic new invention called pants!
Old 08-25-10, 06:59 AM
OPTiK
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kurtz
Yes it does.

You either don't have the luxury package (do you have memory seats?) or you didn't switch the mirror switch to L or R (it won't do it in the middle)
I have the basic luxury package (dont have memory seats). I did some digging and I don't/shouldn't have it.

Originally Posted by sangomaru
sounds like PCS, which is an optional feature. but its now no longer available for the IS, beginning 2011MY.
How do you know if you have PCS?
Old 08-25-10, 07:58 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

I have the basic luxury package (dont have memory seats). I did some digging and I don't/shouldn't have it.
If you don't have memory seats you don't have the luxury package at all. There's not really a "basic" luxury package... you might mean you have the premium package?

The only packages ever offered on US model ISx50s (at least through 2010) are as follows:

Premium Package: Woodgrain and heated/vented seats. Nothing else.

X package: Sport suspension, sport pedals, front lip, special 5-spoke wheels, upgraded scuff plates (only available in certain colors- and interestingly also the only package that gives you the option to delete the sunroof)

Luxury Package w/out 18" wheels: Memory seats, woodgrain, heated/vented seats, rain-sensing wipers, autodim and auto tilt side mirrors, illuminated scuff plates, power tilt steering wheel, power rear sunshade, HIDs with AFS.

Luxury Package w/18"s: Same as above with 18" wheels

Sport package: Same as Luxury w/18s except you don't get the woodgrain, rear sunshade, and illuminated scuffs but you add the sport pedals, sport suspension and metallic scuff plates.

(You can arguably call Nav w/ML a "package" since it combines two options... nav and ml... but these are otherwise stand-alone options not part of any of the above)

Things like Nav alone, Mark Levinson alone, PCS, Headlight washers, spoiler, etc aren't part of the other packages and are stand-alone options. HIDs are an oddball in that they're available standalone (in 07+ models) but also are included in the Luxury and Sport packages.

How do you know if you have PCS?

It was an over $2000 option, and very rare... the car would likely be loaded if it came with PCS. The easiest visual difference is the front Lexus "L" emblem looks different since it's the sensor for the radar cruise control.

Last edited by Kurtz; 08-25-10 at 08:16 AM.
Old 08-25-10, 08:45 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by nairb
I don't recommend putting any coins in that slot. Some homeless guys might break your windows for $1-2 worth in change. You never know, they will do anything for money.
Old 08-25-10, 08:46 AM
MBTC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kurtz
If you don't have memory seats you don't have the luxury package at all. There's not really a "basic" luxury package... you might mean you have the premium package?

The only packages ever offered on US model ISx50s (at least through 2010) are as follows:
I'm not sure they always go by this consistently from 2006-2010 though...if I go to the Lexus build out page today, they only have it divided up into Package A through C. For example my 2010 was Package A which was a rear spoiler with 18" wheels.
Old 08-25-10, 09:23 AM
Rash
hmm

Oh ****, I found a button that actually fold the side mirrors!

Old 08-25-10, 09:25 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MBTC
I'm not sure they always go by this consistently from 2006-2010 though...if I go to the Lexus build out page today, they only have it divided up into Package A through C. For example my 2010 was Package A which was a rear spoiler with 18" wheels.
No, my info is entirely correct.

your mistake is assuming the "build" page is at all useful for anything beyond knowing what your local dealer is likely to have on their lot.

The build page only shows you how the dealers in your area tend to receive their cars, not what the actual factory options and packages are.

There's no "package a, b, or c" as an option package... that's just the particular group of options that dealers in your area tend to get on their cars.

You can find the correct info here:
http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/features/pricing.html

The spoiler, for example, isn't part of any 'package' it's a stand alone option.

The only packages are the ones I mentioned.

(minus the X since they dropped it for 2010)

Quick Reply: Cool/neat features of the IS that you discovered.