IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Cool/neat features of the IS that you discovered.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-06, 07:16 PM
gtlimer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KuyaPatz
if u have the sports or lux package. ur mirrors should do this. it probably doesnt do it on ur car cuz u have disabled it.

on the mirror on controls: if neither the left or right mirror is selected (button is in the middle) the mirrors will not tilt. if the left mirror is selected ONLY the RIGHT mirror will tilt. selecting the right mirror will make BOTH mirrors tilt.

I dont have this car YET but all you CL people have made me an expert at this car . THANKS CL!
thanks, i'll try this too. I have the sports package on my is350. i'll try this in the morning.
Old 04-23-06, 03:51 PM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

I like how the holders for coathangers above the rear doors have a soft-touch fold in and out feature. I didn't notice this for months after getting the car, until my sister was sitting back there and pointed them out to me. Very nice little detail.

I also like the LED map reading lights, the lights that shine on the console and center cupholder, and the fact that it turns down the driver's side speakers when the stereo is on and the navigation is giving a voice command. Just thoughtful little touches that make the car that much more fun to drive...
Old 04-23-06, 07:02 PM
james6290
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nehal51086
i dont know if anyone else has tried this but....my eyes are a bit senstive to light so at night one day i dimmed the ligtes befind the speedometer and tachomerter.....but the navi screed turned dark too..instead of white as empty space it puts black....and now it does this when ever i turn my lights on....and goes back to normal during the day time...i can post pics if any one want to see....
yea, could you post some pics of the navi?
Old 04-23-06, 07:39 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

I found this out from another thread but for those of you who have navi, just say "I'm hungry!" and it gives you a list of restaurants near by. I didn't believe it until I tried it and it actually works! I thought that was pretty cool. Funny/cool way to impress your passengers.
Old 04-23-06, 10:07 PM
carenthus
Driver

Originally Posted by Sexi_Lexi
I found this out from another thread but for those of you who have navi, just say "I'm hungry!" and it gives you a list of restaurants near by. I didn't believe it until I tried it and it actually works! I thought that was pretty cool. Funny/cool way to impress your passengers.
That's funny. Makes one wonder what else can the navi understand.
Old 04-23-06, 10:16 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by carenthus
That's funny. Makes one wonder what else can the navi understand.
Yeah, wonder what it does for "I'm horny"
Old 04-23-06, 10:17 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ES3
Yeah, wonder what it does for "I'm horny"
hahaha i tried that and it showed me something else (i forgot)....nothing cool came out of it. lol
Old 04-23-06, 10:26 PM
inecstaz
Pole Position

I used the voice command to tell the car to switch to radio from the CD player and it faded the screen. It was cool. It seems luxurious.

Or when I change discs, it fades the screen as well.
Old 04-23-06, 10:29 PM
RaysIS350
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

As long as my Selector is not in the Middle - BOTH Mirrors tilt down.

Originally Posted by KuyaPatz
if u have the sports or lux package. ur mirrors should do this. it probably doesnt do it on ur car cuz u have disabled it.

on the mirror on controls: if neither the left or right mirror is selected (button is in the middle) the mirrors will not tilt. if the left mirror is selected ONLY the RIGHT mirror will tilt. selecting the right mirror will make BOTH mirrors tilt.

I dont have this car YET but all you CL people have made me an expert at this car . THANKS CL!
Old 04-23-06, 10:37 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Sexi_Lexi
hahaha i tried that and it showed me something else (i forgot)....nothing cool came out of it. lol
How funny if the strip clubs would have shown up.

BTW, anyone actually use voice to enter a new destination location? I'm gonna have to pull out the manual, forgot how to do this, or whether you can use the voice, to select a destination by a phone number, instead of the address?
Old 04-23-06, 10:42 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ES3
How funny if the strip clubs would have shown up.

BTW, anyone actually use voice to enter a new destination location? I'm gonna have to pull out the manual, forgot how to do this, or whether you can use the voice, to select a destination by a phone number, instead of the address?
LOL yea that would be funny.

I believe you just say "address" to enter a new destination. But I find this process so tedious with voice because you gotta say so much crap just to have everything entered.
Old 04-27-06, 06:26 PM
phish2112
Driver

I found a feature today I didn't know you could do....

You can pull out the cup holder in the middle armrest compartment. Not too exciting, but I didn't know you could do it. Since I want to keep the fuzz inside it nice for as long as I can, I figured I'd keep the cup holder out to hold more junk instead of grimying it up with Mt. Dew slime.
Old 04-27-06, 10:09 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by phish2112

You can pull out the cup holder in the middle armrest compartment. Not too exciting, but I didn't know you could do it. Since I want to keep the fuzz inside it nice for as long as I can, I figured I'd keep the cup holder out to hold more junk instead of grimying it up with Mt. Dew slime.
Good stuff! Of course the second I pull mine out, I have a passenger who also has a drink with them...

Still wish there'd be enough room there for CDs!
Old 04-28-06, 12:07 AM
acsan
Driver

Originally Posted by phish2112

While we're on the middle armrest compartment, did anybody else mention the little light bulb inside that illuminates the compartment? I just noticed it the other day...pretty neat.
Old 04-28-06, 12:14 PM
vasco
Rookie

Originally Posted by RaysIS350
As long as my Selector is not in the Middle - BOTH Mirrors tilt down.
Same here.

Quick Reply: Cool/neat features of the IS that you discovered.