IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Cool/neat features of the IS that you discovered.

Old 04-20-06, 01:07 PM
acsan
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by knihc2008
No, if God Mode was equipped, the car should have gone straight through the tree.
Don't worry, if the God mode was indeed on, the car will rise again in brand new condition three days later.
Old 04-20-06, 06:41 PM
gtlimer
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Langdell
Not really a feature as much as an unexpected use for a feature, specifically, the auto-tilt-down side windows. I have always been obsessive about making sure I am as much inside the lines of a parking spot as possible to try to minimize dings from other people's doors. Needless to say, I am even more obsessed with this lately since I'm driving a new car (2 months now). Anyway, I quickly figured out that you can use the tilt-down windows to check if you are well inside the lines--better than my old method of opening the door and, sometimes, having to get out and walk around to the other side of the car.

One caveat: don't forget to shift from R to P once you are done checking!
is this part of a special package? i'm not sure if my 350 has this feature.
Old 04-20-06, 06:45 PM
deuce2
Rookie

Originally Posted by gtlimer
is this part of a special package? i'm not sure if my 350 has this feature.
it comes with the sport and luxury package.
Old 04-20-06, 07:22 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not really a feature as much as an unexpected use for a feature, specifically, the auto-tilt-down side windows. I have always been obsessive about making sure I am as much inside the lines of a parking spot as possible to try to minimize dings from other people's doors. Needless to say, I am even more obsessed with this lately since I'm driving a new car (2 months now). Anyway, I quickly figured out that you can use the tilt-down windows to check if you are well inside the lines--better than my old method of opening the door and, sometimes, having to get out and walk around to the other side of the car.

I only park on the end space and even then, I park on the line or over the line...as far away from the other car as I can.
Old 04-20-06, 07:25 PM
xaden
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kensteele
I only park on the end space and even then, I park on the line or over the line...as far away from the other car as I can.
ditto that. pillars, poles and other non-moving objects are your friends too! sometimes i get annoyed with myself spending so much time looking for the right spot... but the peace of mind that comes with knowing your car is in a good spot is priceless.
Old 04-20-06, 08:21 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I am not too different. Always look for the end spot, pillars on both sides, or across the line a bit so that the car is most distant from the car next to it.
Old 04-20-06, 09:27 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

I find that this feature helps me the most when I'm parking by the curb. I'm normally 3 feet away from the curb because I'm afraid of curb rash (in my previous car) but with this feature in this car, the tilt down mirrors helps me get really close w/o worrying about curbing my wheels.
Old 04-20-06, 11:24 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AndyL
I am not too different. Always look for the end spot, pillars on both sides, or across the line a bit so that the car is most distant from the car next to it.
I don't know, I'd be scared. If a guy was going to key a car, a car parked so obviously at an end spot on the line half a spot away from another car would be a prime suspect. I'd think a car parked inconspicuously with the rest of the cars would be less prone to be such obvious targets.
Old 04-21-06, 08:51 AM
nehal51086
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

i dont know if anyone else has tried this but....my eyes are a bit senstive to light so at night one day i dimmed the ligtes befind the speedometer and tachomerter.....but the navi screed turned dark too..instead of white as empty space it puts black....and now it does this when ever i turn my lights on....and goes back to normal during the day time...i can post pics if any one want to see....
Old 04-21-06, 09:00 AM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nehal51086
i dont know if anyone else has tried this but....my eyes are a bit senstive to light so at night one day i dimmed the ligtes befind the speedometer and tachomerter.....but the navi screed turned dark too..instead of white as empty space it puts black....and now it does this when ever i turn my lights on....and goes back to normal during the day time...i can post pics if any one want to see....
it turns dark when your headlights are on? i think the nav screen has a separate sensor to detect whether or not to turn black ..sometimes my headlights turn on automatically but it wont be dark enough for the navi screen to change
Old 04-21-06, 09:39 AM
y2ks2k
CL Folding Freak

Originally Posted by deuce2
it comes with the sport and luxury package.
I dont have this on my sport package
Old 04-21-06, 10:23 AM
Kipperm13
Driver

Originally Posted by knihc2008
I don't know, I'd be scared. If a guy was going to key a car, a car parked so obviously at an end spot on the line half a spot away from another car would be a prime suspect. I'd think a car parked inconspicuously with the rest of the cars would be less prone to be such obvious targets.

I also park next to the BWM and Mercedes and not next to the 20 year old junker's or MINI VAN"S
Old 04-21-06, 10:28 AM
KuyaPatz
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by y2ks2k
I dont have this on my sport package
if u have the sports or lux package. ur mirrors should do this. it probably doesnt do it on ur car cuz u have disabled it.

on the mirror on controls: if neither the left or right mirror is selected (button is in the middle) the mirrors will not tilt. if the left mirror is selected ONLY the RIGHT mirror will tilt. selecting the right mirror will make BOTH mirrors tilt.

I dont have this car YET but all you CL people have made me an expert at this car . THANKS CL!
Old 04-21-06, 10:37 AM
Kipperm13
Driver

Originally Posted by KuyaPatz
if u have the sports or lux package. ur mirrors should do this. it probably doesnt do it on ur car cuz u have disabled it.

on the mirror on controls: if neither the left or right mirror is selected (button is in the middle) the mirrors will not tilt. if the left mirror is selected ONLY the RIGHT mirror will tilt. selecting the right mirror will make BOTH mirrors tilt.

I dont have this car YET but all you CL people have made me an expert at this car . THANKS CL!

This is ture and you also need to have a driver set for this was well with the seat memory. At least this is what I remember with me it never worked until i set the memory
Old 04-21-06, 11:32 AM
DirtySouth
Rookie

Originally Posted by xaden
ditto that. pillars, poles and other non-moving objects are your friends too! sometimes i get annoyed with myself spending so much time looking for the right spot... but the peace of mind that comes with knowing your car is in a good spot is priceless.
This is true, except in the case of shopping cart returns. Stay away from those!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cool/neat features of the IS that you discovered.