IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Another bad dealership experience. Woodfield Lexus in Schaumburg, IL

Old 04-19-06, 01:21 PM
VitB6
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The salesman that I was dealing with was fine. Nothing that happened was his fault. He tried to be a little sneaky about the, "that car doesn't come in that combo" pitch but otherwise he was fine. The guy that recinded the verbal agreement and the guy that came across like a big asswipe was JOSH RESNICK. He is the owners son. He is completely unprofessional and has no people skills to speak of. Staty away from this dealership.

Thanks for Lexus Corporate phone number. I will call them right now and tell them my saga. It can't hurt.
Old 04-19-06, 08:04 PM
tgara
Pole Position

Are Lexus salesmen glorified Toyota salesmen? Or are they supposed to be something better? I know for American cars, the dealership is a separate business apart from Ford or Chevy or what have you, and they run things their own way without taking much feedback from the manufacturer.

In my experience, the ABSOLUTE WORST salesmen sell Toyotas. They really think their cars are the best and if you won't pay MSRP, somebody else will. Terrible attitude. All the horror stories you've ever heard of gather together into a Toyota salesman. I call it "Toyota-tude". I will NEVER set foot in a Toyota dealership EVER (nuke them all!)

Lexus is supposed to be something different. Fortunately, my Lexus buying experience was not too bad except for the salesman not returning my calls. After I read him the riot act about that, the situation got much better. We got the car we wanted at a good price and in a reasonable amount of time (2-3 weeks).
Old 04-20-06, 10:53 AM
HANER9
Driver School Candidate

Default Bredemann

BREDEMANN ALL THE WAY!!
I had too many bad experiences with Woodfield Lexus...dont buy from them....
Old 04-20-06, 11:31 AM
DirtySouth
Rookie

Originally Posted by tgara
Are Lexus salesmen glorified Toyota salesmen? Or are they supposed to be something better? I know for American cars, the dealership is a separate business apart from Ford or Chevy or what have you, and they run things their own way without taking much feedback from the manufacturer.

In my experience, the ABSOLUTE WORST salesmen sell Toyotas. They really think their cars are the best and if you won't pay MSRP, somebody else will. Terrible attitude. All the horror stories you've ever heard of gather together into a Toyota salesman. I call it "Toyota-tude". I will NEVER set foot in a Toyota dealership EVER (nuke them all!)

Lexus is supposed to be something different. Fortunately, my Lexus buying experience was not too bad except for the salesman not returning my calls. After I read him the riot act about that, the situation got much better. We got the car we wanted at a good price and in a reasonable amount of time (2-3 weeks).
I really think it depends on the dealership. Good customer service and communication comes down to what type of management the dealership has. I'm convinced that any business with good management, that enforces good customer service, will have great "sales-people" &/or employees.

This is especially true at restaurants...
Old 04-20-06, 11:42 AM
armored350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by iainthim
Honestly, does anything really come out of calling Lexus corporate? Horror stories at dealerships across the nation are a dime a dozen. They happen all time, yet there are no improvements to speak of. Same ol same ol since i strated buying cars some 18 years ago. Some dealerships care and want to make a deal, some dont.
+1 on that, Germain Lexus here in Columbus could give 2 shiets about you, they own the only 2 Lexus dealers in town. The next closes is about 70 miles away.
Old 04-20-06, 11:48 AM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DirtySouth
I really think it depends on the dealership. Good customer service and communication comes down to what type of management the dealership has. I'm convinced that any business with good management, that enforces good customer service, will have great "sales-people" &/or employees.

This is especially true at restaurants...
Very true. It also depends on the customer. When I purchased my M3 back in 99, the sales person used to stop by my office on her way to the dealer, leave me her wheels, and take my car in for service. Then bring it back at the end of the day.. Same type of service from Woodfield. No screwing around. I went there, after visiting Arlington Lexus, and NO problem. I got my 2k discount, a very reasonable trade in on my M3 and a month later I picked up my 350.
Old 04-20-06, 12:42 PM
VitB6
Pole Position

Oh BTW, that Josh Resnick guy told me that $1500 off was the best he could do and the largest discount he has given yet on the IS 250/350. He said that people are still willing to buy via MSRP and they have only given 1 discount larger than $1000 and that was $1500. Now several people on this very thread has said that they got $2000 off of MSRP from Woodfield Lexus. Hmmmm, I wonder who was lying. What a dirtbag.
Old 04-20-06, 01:56 PM
ptmIS350
Rookie

Originally Posted by VitB6
Oh BTW, that Josh Resnick guy told me that $1500 off was the best he could do and the largest discount he has given yet on the IS 250/350. He said that people are still willing to buy via MSRP and they have only given 1 discount larger than $1000 and that was $1500. Now several people on this very thread has said that they got $2000 off of MSRP from Woodfield Lexus. Hmmmm, I wonder who was lying. What a dirtbag.
Wow someone needs to send this thread to lexus corp and CC woodfield lexus. These guys got some bad rep. I'm glad we are discussing this, it needs to be out there to protect us customers in the future.
Old 04-20-06, 02:46 PM
Yosh
Driver School Candidate

VitB6,

Can you tell me the name of the sales person you delt with at Naperville Lexus?
Old 05-13-06, 04:28 PM
toyotech84
Rookie

Default Josh Resnick

Hhahahahaha, i know josh resnick i used ot work at woodfield lexus, he could care less about lexus, his dad was in charge of that place but he was in charge of toyota down the street. and i personally knew all the salesmen at lexus, and 2 of 15 i can honestly say i would trust them with purchasing a new car, Terry and Jeff. I personally took pride in working the service drive as a greeter/valet and porter.
Old 05-13-06, 06:46 PM
CHIS350
Pole Position

I got my 350 from woodfield, only got 1K off but it was overall a good experience
Old 05-13-06, 07:16 PM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CHIS350
I got my 350 from woodfield, only got 1K off but it was overall a good experience
My experience with Woodfield was excellent. In fact, one of my friends just purchased an ES350 from them, and another is in the process of doing the same. I guess it really depends on the salesman...
Old 05-13-06, 07:28 PM
CHIS350
Pole Position

I dealt with Joe J by the way
Old 05-13-06, 07:58 PM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tgara
They really think their cars are the best and if you won't pay MSRP, somebody else will. Terrible attitude.
Far from just an attitude, I actually got that exact comment from the sales manager at rockville lexus in our area.

Originally Posted by Toyota_F1
Lexus Corporate Customer Experience number is 800-255-3987.
Thanks
Old 05-13-06, 10:15 PM
mlee21
Lexus Test Driver

i recently bought my car from woodfield lexus, and had GREAT service.. was shown respect and they were courteous to me the entire time. i got about 2k off the msrp for an is250 awd. My salesman name was Paul Szmergalski. Great guy to deal with. If you plan on buying from him, tell him mike lee referred you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Another bad dealership experience. Woodfield Lexus in Schaumburg, IL