IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Dual Disc in IS changer--jams?!

Old 03-18-06, 07:42 AM
Langdell
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual Disc in IS changer--jams?!

Last night I picked up a couple of Dual Discs for play in the car and have one in the changer now. This a.m. I was researching this format (which is a new one on me) and came across this warning from Pioneer that these discs can get jammed in their car changers! http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...057205,00.html

I have ML audio, but I believe the head changer unit is the same as the Pioneer stock system, plus it seems ML also at one time put out a warning re Dual Discs, though I can't find that one. Anyway, now I'm concerned that this disc may be--or may get--jammed in my changer! Haven't been out of the house yet to confirm this. But I'm wondering if anyone else has tried Dual Discs in their IS and, if so, did they get jammed?!
Old 03-18-06, 09:44 AM
Langdell
Driver

Update: I did get the Dual Disc to eject from my changer with no apparent difficulty. Still a little concerned that it could decide to jam at some point in the future. That is, maybe I just got lucky and should not put it back in again once I got it out.
Old 03-18-06, 09:49 AM
Vmdc
Driver School Candidate

I haven't tried a Dual Disc in my IS. But I have a few and they are noticably thicker than your normal disc. I wouldn't attempt it.
Old 03-18-06, 10:04 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your stereo is under warranty. If a disc gets jammed, it will be covered. Inconvenient risk, but if you just have to use these discs, I would go ahead if you must.
Old 03-18-06, 10:37 AM
Langdell
Driver

Originally Posted by kensteele
Your stereo is under warranty. If a disc gets jammed, it will be covered. Inconvenient risk, but if you just have to use these discs, I would go ahead if you must.
Good points, Ken. But, honestly, the inconvenience factor is the biggest worry for me. I have more money than time these days, and having to have my car in the shop just for a jam would me a major pain in the backside. (Not to mention that Lexus might--justifiably, IMO--exclude damage caused by using the wrong type of disc from warranty coverage.) Anyway, this possible problem is very frustrating because Dual Disc looks like it's going to be the easiest way to get new releases with DVD-A content. Grrrr.