IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

what would cause my interior lights to stop working??

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-06, 10:04 AM
tim817
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If i'm not mistaken, the fuse block is on the passenger side, under the glove compartment.
Old 03-17-06, 10:08 AM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

k thanks tim, i'll take a look at it later
Old 03-17-06, 10:20 AM
mcfly
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CaThaFeR
okie dokie..if i'm home before its dark out i'll check it out...do you think there are a couple of xtra fuses in there? i know in my first car there were some extra ones..and also..do you know where the fuse box is? i havent checked my manual yet

and thanks again you've been very helpful
I don't have my car yet, so to be honest I'm not sure. Typically it's under the driver's kick panel somewhere. Should tell you in your manual somewhere
Old 03-17-06, 10:23 AM
Kermee
Advanced

Originally Posted by tim817
If i'm not mistaken, the fuse block is on the passenger side, under the glove compartment.
There is a fuse-block on the driver's side. Underneath, near the parking brake and below the trunk/fuel release buttons.

All us people who direct-wired our V1's know exactly where it is and playing with the new micro-fuses.

Cheers,
Kermee
Old 03-17-06, 11:00 AM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums...e=post&id=3751

PAGE 299 AND ON

looks like the fuse i would be looking for is in the engine compartment fuse box? fuse 6 or 9?
Old 03-17-06, 01:36 PM
tim817
Intermediate

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums...e=post&id=3751

PAGE 299 AND ON

looks like the fuse i would be looking for is in the engine compartment fuse box? fuse 6 or 9?
Look like there are 3 fuse block on the car :1 in driverside instrument panel, 1 in passenger side instument panel and 1 in the engine compartment. ( on page 296 on your manual )
Old 03-17-06, 03:57 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

well i blew a fuse! the first one i checked was the blown one..it was in the fuse box under the hood on the passenger side..the one marked "dome".FYI if you blow a fuse..dont count on finding it at your local auto parts store. i went to pep boys autobarn and another local auto place and none of them had this fuse. its a 10a mini fuse..but the ones that the auto places carry have much longer prongs on them and wont work in place of the fuses that came in there..so ic alled lexus and they have the fuse there for $1.78. so i gotta go drive to lexus tomorrow to get it ..which is ok because i can show my car off a little
Old 03-18-06, 01:36 AM
integlikew
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

which is ok because i can show my car off a little
I think you need to show it off in working order. Things added after the factory always seem to have problem no matter what kind of install you do. Like i posted earlier i was pretty sure after hearing someone had been hacking into the car that the problem was going to be related to that. Hopefully you can get it figured out to work as good as factory without any more problems.
Old 03-18-06, 06:04 AM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Originally Posted by integlikew
I think you need to show it off in working order. Things added after the factory always seem to have problem no matter what kind of install you do. Like i posted earlier i was pretty sure after hearing someone had been hacking into the car that the problem was going to be related to that. Hopefully you can get it figured out to work as good as factory without any more problems.
i'm going to replace the fuse so it works..and then go talk to my sales woman and ask her if she wants to see my car ...shes pretty cool and shes around the same age as me so when i'm there i usually go in and chat with her for a while
Old 03-18-06, 10:17 AM
integlikew
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'm going to replace the fuse so it works..and then go talk to my sales woman and ask her if she wants to see my car ...shes pretty cool and shes around the same age as me so when i'm there i usually go in and chat with her for a while
Smart move.
Old 03-18-06, 12:46 PM
Dr C
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like the dome light fuse that you blew and replaced is the lowest amp fuse of the ones that you suspected. It may be that it is low enough that you aren't going to be able to add any aftermarket stuff to it. Hopefully your installed for the extra lights knows about fuses and ampere ratings. You shouldn't have to do that yourself. And, if your installer doesn't know about fuses and ampere ratings, you don't want them messing around in the fuse box.
Old 03-18-06, 01:09 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

well i blew a fuse! the first one i checked was the blown one..it was in the fuse box under the hood on the passenger side..the one marked "dome".FYI if you blow a fuse..dont count on finding it at your local auto parts store. i went to pep boys autobarn and another local auto place and none of them had this fuse. its a 10a mini fuse..but the ones that the auto places carry have much longer prongs on them and wont work in place of the fuses that came in there..so ic alled lexus and they have the fuse there for $1.78. so i gotta go drive to lexus tomorrow to get it ..which is ok because i can show my car off a little
Actually the fuses from the auto store fit, they just don't insert all the way. The pins do make good contact, the plastic top just sticks out a little. They'll get you by in a pinch, but you won't be able to get the fusebox cover on.
Old 03-18-06, 04:38 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Actually the fuses from the auto store fit, they just don't insert all the way. The pins do make good contact, the plastic top just sticks out a little. They'll get you by in a pinch, but you won't be able to get the fusebox cover on.
aaah..good to know..would've been nice if the guys in all of the auto stores knew that..but i actually dont mind going to the dealer once in a while and the fuse was only 2 bucks so no biggie..i put the fuse in today and everything is working fine again