Print Wikipost

List of Voice Commands?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-06, 04:51 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Bichon
The list on the on-screen help and in the quick reference guide are both incomplete.
The on-screen is complete, it may not list all the alternates, but it does show one command for each available feature.
Old 05-21-06, 06:34 PM
Dr C
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use Voice Command from Sprint/Nextel and love it. I have about 150 names with many of them having office, home and cell phone numbers. I have Sprint (actually I think that it dials * and Talk) as my only speed dial. When Sprint answers, there is a brief tone after which I say, for example, Call Wife on cell phone, and voice command does the rest. I use the system virtually every day and have no problem probably 98% of the time. Many fewers key strokes, dialing is virtually without error and only have to take my eyes off of the road for one second.

Any changes, additions and deletions are all done on the interact. When I switched from my old cell phone to the current one, NO reprogramming was necessary. Also, Voice Command works just as well when my phone is out of the car.

I swear by Voice Command. (I don't have any financial interest in Sprint, just like their product). Voice Command costs $5.00 a month. Very reasonable.
Old 07-16-06, 12:24 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I gotta say the voice command thing doesn't work NEARLY as wel in my IS as in my Infiniti M45. The voice recognition in the Infiniti is very, very accurate, and there are lots of useful commands that I've come to rely on. So far, the voice recognition in the IS is borderline at best IMO. Too bad.
Old 07-16-06, 12:44 PM
EBMCS03
Lead Lap

Actually it sucks. its too slow and not accurate at all. I dont use it period.

Why does the lady need to tell me "please say a command after the beep" Just *BEEP* dont talk to me. Wasting my time. I know I have to say a command. When I push the button it should just *BEEP* and let me start the talking.

And then for the dialing phone numbers It goes "After the Beep please press the talk button briefly and say the number" She talks waaay too much. Its a waste of time.

why do i have to press the talk command button a second time? If I said "Dial number" All it has to say is "Please say the number after the tone *BEEP* " no need for other junk.

So as for Voice command I think BMW has it down. MUCH faster response time. and works much better. Better voice recgonition too.
Old 07-16-06, 03:56 PM
BShears
Rookie

Originally Posted by EBMCS03
Why does the lady need to tell me "please say a command after the beep" Just *BEEP* dont talk to me. Wasting my time.
You can turn this off; it's one of the on-screen settings. I turned it off in my first week.
Old 07-16-06, 04:06 PM
EBMCS03
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BShears
You can turn this off; it's one of the on-screen settings. I turned it off in my first week.

Really? Wait turn what off? the whole Voice command or the lady's annoying speach before I can talk?

If you mean the latter please tell me! I havent been able to find it and never came across that.
Old 07-27-06, 10:21 AM
romwarrior
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by EBMCS03
Really? Wait turn what off? the whole Voice command or the lady's annoying speach before I can talk?

If you mean the latter please tell me! I havent been able to find it and never came across that.
Yes, the latter. Under Setup - Voice Recognition Guidance (or something similar - I'm not at my car). It's right next to all the navi settings so you may have thought it was only relating to that. But you can have the car only beep for a voice command...
Old 07-27-06, 11:30 AM
flyfl1pguy

just the thread I was looking for. . .
Old 07-27-06, 08:05 PM
EBMCS03
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by romwarrior
Yes, the latter. Under Setup - Voice Recognition Guidance (or something similar - I'm not at my car). It's right next to all the navi settings so you may have thought it was only relating to that. But you can have the car only beep for a voice command...
Ya I got part of it to work... Now I can push the button and it'll just beep and I can talk. Thats great... But when I say "Dial Number" it still talks a lot. "After the tone briefly press the talk button and Please say the number" making me push the talk button a second time for no reason and still talking a lot like all women do. I dont like it.

Its better tho... better.
Old 07-31-06, 09:22 AM
romwarrior
Driver School Candidate

Yeah, I get that too. I'm not sure if that can eliminated. It sure would be nice, though. I guess Lexus thinks we are too dumb to remember those steps...
Old 03-06-07, 08:28 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

old thread bump...

getting rid of the "AFTER THE BEEP" put a smile on my face!
Old 06-20-09, 11:27 PM
DJSirkit13
Driver

anybody got a full detailed list yet
Old 06-21-09, 01:01 AM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Ugh....with the voice commands! They only work like 40% of the time. I usually ask for one thing and end up with a whole bunch of unwanted POI pictures on my navigation screen.
Old 11-19-09, 11:47 PM
nMeOnE
Pole Position

Voice command sucks period! especially the dial by number and half of the time it does something else rather then the command...
Old 11-20-09, 12:19 AM
greg0723
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea im trying figure this stuff out. i say 71 degrees it gives me 78. it seem like the temp runs every 3 degrees like 72/75/78 does anyone else notice that?

Quick Reply: List of Voice Commands?