IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models
View Poll Results: What color is your 2IS?
Tungsten Pearl
15.92%
Matador Red Mica
6.50%
Glacier Frost Mica
7.70%
Mystic Gold Metallic / Golden Almond Metallic
0.44%
Breakwater Blue Metallic
2.85%
Desert Sage Metallic
1.08%
Blue Onyx Pearl
3.81%
Crystal White
6.78%
Black Onyx (2006)
10.95%
Smoky Granite Mica
20.10%
I don't have a 2IS but I want to vote now that I've read this thread.
3.69%
Black Sapphire
3.01%
Obsidian
8.54%
Amber Pearl
0%
Starfire Pearl
8.10%
Truffle Mica
0.12%
Cerulean Blue Metallic
0%
Deep Sea Mica
0%
Ultrasonic Blue
0.12%
Fire Agate Pearl
0.12%
Nebula Gray Pearl
0.16%
Custom Paint
0%
Voters: 2493. You may not vote on this poll

What color is your second gen IS? (2009-2012 COLORS ADDED)

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-06, 07:34 PM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Geez, sematics. Well I'm sure most people GOT what they were GETTING. A lot of peple at the time voted for the colors THEY ALREADY HAD!!!
Well, a quick glance at the original poll indicates SGM in first place by a pretty substantial margin. This poll currently has SGM in 5th place and Tungsten in 1st. Seems as if things have changed a tad since that previous poll.

Originally Posted by TimboIS
If YOU really care what colors people have in the population, then I suggest closing the pole at the end of each month and starting a new one.
Here's a thought...if a thread such as this doesn't really interest YOU, why post in it at all?
Old 02-24-06, 08:00 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Originally Posted by Foxberry
Here's a thought...if a thread such as this doesn't really interest YOU, why post in it at all?
That is some pretty good advice....
Old 02-24-06, 08:01 PM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Breakwater Blue IS 350 #2 chiming in!!!
Old 02-24-06, 08:20 PM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lem144
I'm so glad I WONT have the most popular color. I wouldnt want to confuse MY IS with another IS in the parking lot!
Haha, have you *ever* seen two IS's in the same parking lot? I haven't. I've only seen two others ever in NYC... One SGM and one white (crystal I think).

Eventually they will get more common, but by then I'll be out of my lease and on to the next big thing... Maybe a Continental GT if things go right.
Old 02-24-06, 08:31 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ecr527
Breakwater Blue IS 350 #2 chiming in!!!
Oh yeah!!! That's what I'm talkin' about!!!
Old 02-25-06, 12:46 AM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool Us Too!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Bichon
Me too. Black Audi S4 traded in on Crystal White IS350.
Traded in wifies 330i for an IS350. We originally were gonna get a white one. But she saw the MRM and fell in love with it.

Last edited by TAMR_GUS98; 05-29-06 at 10:08 AM. Reason: added pic
Old 02-25-06, 03:20 AM
Alex350
Lexus Test Driver

Smile

I had a REALLY HARD time trying to decide between Crystal White and Tungsten Pearl and finally decided to go with Crystal White. My problem was that my closest and ONLY Lexus dealer in the area did not have (and still doesn't) any Lexus ISs on stock, so I had to decide based on pics and the ads. After deciding on Crystal White I was having second thoughts about the color (Mine was a special order and still hasn't arrived, I ordered mine in December ), so I started doing internet research to look at the colors and discovered Club Lexus After being here for a while, I saw Tim817, Varok's and some of the other member Crystal White ISs and became happier with my decision . If it wasn't for that, I would have never discovered Club Lexus, so I'm happy I did, because I've learned a LOT of stuff about the car, and have been able to share my thoughts and opinions with all of you and even learned how to chop pics "the poor man's way" .... Anyway, I could go on and on but this is not even related to the topic..... but to the people that made this website a reality.... THANKS!!! I appreciate your effort and I know a lot of the people here are very grateful for a page like this!!!!
Old 02-25-06, 04:47 AM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Oh yeah!!! That's what I'm talkin' about!!!
Hey Phillip, looks like it's just you and me so far in Breakwater Blue!! We need to start our own exclusive club!!
Old 02-25-06, 07:57 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex350
After being here for a while, I saw Tim817, Varok's and some of the other member Crystal White ISs and became happier with my decision .
I think you'll be even happier when you get the car. The metallic (mica) look of the paint doesn't come through at all in photos (nor in flat lighting in person), but jumps out and looks awesome in bright sunshine or at night under artificial lighting.

White wasn't even on my short-list when I went to buy the car. I had planned to get a smokey granite mica that my dealer showed on their website as available. It had been sold, but a crystal white had just been unloaded off the truck earlier. One look at the metallic flake gleaming under the artifical lighting was all it took - went back inside and negotiated a deal. I've grown to like the color even more over my 2 1/2 months of ownership, and have received many compliments on not just the car but the color.
Old 02-25-06, 08:09 AM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Bichon
I think you'll be even happier when you get the car. The metallic (mica) look of the paint doesn't come through at all in photos (nor in flat lighting in person), but jumps out and looks awesome in bright sunshine or at night under artificial lighting.

White wasn't even on my short-list when I went to buy the car. I had planned to get a smokey granite mica that my dealer showed on their website as available. It had been sold, but a crystal white had just been unloaded off the truck earlier. One look at the metallic flake gleaming under the artifical lighting was all it took - went back inside and negotiated a deal. I've grown to like the color even more over my 2 1/2 months of ownership, and have received many compliments on not just the car but the color.
And the obvious benefit...the color matches the Bichon
Old 02-25-06, 08:11 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by Foxberry
And the obvious benefit...the color matches the Bichon
I like the way you think!
Old 02-25-06, 10:40 AM
NotFatBoy
Pole Position

It's very obvious that smokey granite mica is BY FAR the best color

Proof

More Proof

Old 02-25-06, 11:18 AM
Langdell
Driver

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
I had the privilage of doing a special order, and my first choice was actually Matador Red. But I was afraid that I'd be the target of every cop out there, considering that I drive on average 80 mph in L.A. freeways. I'm happy with my BWB choice.

I think many people will not settle on a color, except if the colors are very similar, such as Black and SGM, or GFM and Tungsten. Why spend approx $40k on something that wouldn't appeal to you?
I think some people are less picky about color than others when buying cars. (They would have to be, given the colors of some cars I have seen being driven around in my day!)

I am very picky about it within a certain range. For me, a dark color is a must. I generally share Henry Ford's philosophy--I want my car in any color so long as it's black. So, black was my first choice for my IS. But blue is my favorite color generally, and I think the IS looks gorgeous in Blue Onyx, so that was a temptation. And SGM is also a beautiful, dark color that I would have been happy with. I would have taken--and been very happy with--the first IS available with all my other requirements in any of those three colors. But I would never settle for any of the other colors because--even if it was O.K. for a while--it would soon grate on me every day. As it happens, I was able to get my baby in my first choice of beautiful black with only 6 weeks of waiting (and some persistent legwork). I couldn't be happier.

P.S. On the question of keeping a black car clean, there is a very simple solution--at least for those of us who live in relatively dry climates. Unless it has been raining, a quick daily once-over with a California Car Duster keeps a black (or Blue Onyx or SGM) beauty looking her best between washes. And when it is raining, everyone's car is dirty, so who cares? And I would rather have a dark car that tells me when she needs a bath than drive around in a light-colored car that looks clean but really has dirt eating away at the paint. (I'm not knocking lighter colored cars. Color is a very personal preference, people should buy what makes them happy, and the IS looks beautiful in just about any color. I'm just responding to those who knock black just because it's considered high maintenance.)
Old 02-25-06, 12:39 PM
is2fiddy
Driver

Originally Posted by Langdell
I think some people are less picky about color than others when buying cars. (They would have to be, given the colors of some cars I have seen being driven around in my day!)

I am very picky about it within a certain range. For me, a dark color is a must. I generally share Henry Ford's philosophy--I want my car in any color so long as it's black. So, black was my first choice for my IS. But blue is my favorite color generally, and I think the IS looks gorgeous in Blue Onyx, so that was a temptation. And SGM is also a beautiful, dark color that I would have been happy with. I would have taken--and been very happy with--the first IS available with all my other requirements in any of those three colors. But I would never settle for any of the other colors because--even if it was O.K. for a while--it would soon grate on me every day. As it happens, I was able to get my baby in my first choice of beautiful black with only 6 weeks of waiting (and some persistent legwork). I couldn't be happier.

P.S. On the question of keeping a black car clean, there is a very simple solution--at least for those of us who live in relatively dry climates. Unless it has been raining, a quick daily once-over with a California Car Duster keeps a black (or Blue Onyx or SGM) beauty looking her best between washes. And when it is raining, everyone's car is dirty, so who cares? And I would rather have a dark car that tells me when she needs a bath than drive around in a light-colored car that looks clean but really has dirt eating away at the paint. (I'm not knocking lighter colored cars. Color is a very personal preference, people should buy what makes them happy, and the IS looks beautiful in just about any color. I'm just responding to those who knock black just because it's considered high maintenance.)

I couldn't have said it better myself!!!!, I agree totally.
Old 02-25-06, 05:04 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ecr527
Hey Phillip, looks like it's just you and me so far in Breakwater Blue!! We need to start our own exclusive club!!
So far, we have three members:

1) PhilipMSPT
2) ecr527
3) ???

Quick Reply: What color is your second gen IS? (2009-2012 COLORS ADDED)