IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models
View Poll Results: What color is your 2IS?
Tungsten Pearl
15.92%
Matador Red Mica
6.50%
Glacier Frost Mica
7.70%
Mystic Gold Metallic / Golden Almond Metallic
0.44%
Breakwater Blue Metallic
2.85%
Desert Sage Metallic
1.08%
Blue Onyx Pearl
3.81%
Crystal White
6.78%
Black Onyx (2006)
10.95%
Smoky Granite Mica
20.10%
I don't have a 2IS but I want to vote now that I've read this thread.
3.69%
Black Sapphire
3.01%
Obsidian
8.54%
Amber Pearl
0%
Starfire Pearl
8.10%
Truffle Mica
0.12%
Cerulean Blue Metallic
0%
Deep Sea Mica
0%
Ultrasonic Blue
0.12%
Fire Agate Pearl
0.12%
Nebula Gray Pearl
0.16%
Custom Paint
0%
Voters: 2493. You may not vote on this poll

What color is your second gen IS? (2009-2012 COLORS ADDED)

Old 02-24-06, 02:50 PM
is2fiddy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bagwell
ok, go wash your car...I guarantee you its dirty right now...

Don't worry I will!!!!!
Old 02-24-06, 03:19 PM
tjmaxwell
Driver School Candidate

I wonder how many "settled" on a color that wasn't really their first choice because it's all the dealer had available. I test drove a Breakwater Blue with grey interior and I really liked the combo. It had about 200 miles on it though and was going to demo stock the dealer told me. I told him I needed time to think about it. He said there was a very good chance it would be gone by the end of the day (it was a Saturday and the dealership was packed with people). I asked him if it was and I decided to buy, could I get the same price for another car equipped the same (I had negotiated about $2100 off MSRP). He said yes.

I came back Monday and though they still had the BWB in stock, I elected to get the Glacier Frost Mica with black interior instead, mainly because it had only six miles. It also had a rear lip spoiler that the other car didn't have, but I got it for the same price. For the first few days, I regretted not getting blue, but the GFM has really grown on me.

Another favorite of mine was a SGM model they had available. Unfortunately, it was packed with all the extra features and I couldn't afford that one. If I would've had a choice of any color with the options I wanted, it probably would've been a toss up between BWB or SGM. I'm very happy with my car though. Oh, and that red is very very nice too, but I expect the cops would target me with that car.
Old 02-24-06, 03:30 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tjmaxwell
I wonder how many "settled" on a color that wasn't really their first choice...

red is very very nice too, but I expect the cops would target me with that car.
I had the privilage of doing a special order, and my first choice was actually Matador Red. But I was afraid that I'd be the target of every cop out there, considering that I drive on average 80 mph in L.A. freeways. I'm happy with my BWB choice.

I think many people will not settle on a color, except if the colors are very similar, such as Black and SGM, or GFM and Tungsten. Why spend approx $40k on something that wouldn't appeal to you?
Old 02-24-06, 03:50 PM
menech
Lead Lap

IS350 glacier white on black

First choice was GFM but I after waiting over 1.5 months for one to pop up across multiple states I went and saw the glacier white and ended up loving the color and buying that instead.

My second choice was silver, but this was mainly because after 3 black cars I wanted a low maint. color....I still love the silver color but it's such a safe color. This being my first white car ever i'm very happy with it, although more pearl in the tone would have been nice.
Old 02-24-06, 03:50 PM
tjmaxwell
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
I had the privilage of doing a special order, and my first choice was actually Matador Red. But I was afraid that I'd be the target of every cop out there, considering that I drive on average 80 mph in L.A. freeways. I'm happy with my BWB choice.

I think many people will not settle on a color, except if the colors are very similar, such as Black and SGM, or GFM and Tungsten. Why spend approx $40k on something that wouldn't appeal to you?
You may be right, but when I decide I want something, I can't wait 3+ months for it. That's just me though, maybe I'm in the minority. Blue's always been my favorite color, but I didn't want the car that had 200 miles on it, I wanted it to be brand new. Looking back, that probably doesn't make much sense since it's under warranty anyway for my full lease. That said though, I'm really happy with my color choice. Now I'm just wishing I could've afforded to get it completely decked out.

Last edited by tjmaxwell; 02-24-06 at 03:54 PM.
Old 02-24-06, 03:51 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

I didn't have the info available when I started the thread. Right before I went to search for it, I was called away.
Old 02-24-06, 03:53 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Didn't we already have a color poll. Or is this going to be a weekly thing, like asking "is nav worth it?".
As was said, I do not remember seeing a universal color poll for the most popular color by ownership of CL users. If there was one, point it out pls.

PS- click the link in my sig and check your pm.
Old 02-24-06, 04:10 PM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

So it looks like I have the most popular combo of exterior and interior color - woohoo!
Old 02-24-06, 05:39 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
As was said, I do not remember seeing a universal color poll for the most popular color by ownership of CL users. If there was one, point it out pls.

PS- click the link in my sig and check your pm.
Well, here's at least one color poll...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ighlight=color

Search is your friend!
Old 02-24-06, 06:15 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Search is your friend!

that's asking what color you're getting...NOT what color you have....read above and see the difference....POST #32
Old 02-24-06, 06:52 PM
johnnyboy
Lexus Champion

SGM baby!
Old 02-24-06, 06:53 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Geez, sematics. Well I'm sure most people GOT what they were GETTING. A lot of peple at the time voted for the colors THEY ALREADY HAD!!! Plus people in poll voted that don't even have the vehicle yet either. Sorry!

If YOU really care what colors people have in the population, then I suggest closing the pole at the end of each month and starting a new one. At least the anaylsis isn't random, and we can actually see color trends.
Old 02-24-06, 07:20 PM
Lem144
Intermediate

I'm so glad I WONT have the most popular color. I wouldnt want to confuse MY IS with another IS in the parking lot!

Originally Posted by diablo1
So it looks like I have the most popular combo of exterior and interior color - woohoo!
Old 02-24-06, 07:20 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Geez, sematics. Well I'm sure most people GOT what they were GETTING. A lot of peple at the time voted for the colors THEY ALREADY HAD!!! Plus people in poll voted that don't even have the vehicle yet either. Sorry!

If YOU really care what colors people have in the population, then I suggest closing the pole at the end of each month and starting a new one. At least the anaylsis isn't random, and we can actually see color trends.
easy man......its ok...breathe......

another thing....it looks like the poll you found closed around 11-22-05....maybe this poll should be a sticky!?!?
Old 02-24-06, 07:24 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Search is your friend!
That's not what I am looking for. So unless you can furnish what you said when you came into this thread, which is a thread on this subject, your presence here in this thread is pretty moot to this point.

Your negativity is not welcome in this thread.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What color is your second gen IS? (2009-2012 COLORS ADDED)