IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

for those people that special ordered and had to wait - did you get a discount?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-06, 07:38 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by helriser
Just a little insight-

Working for a highly reputable Lexus dealer in Mass, I know some of you in massachusetts DID NOT get the deal you said you got. Especially the $3900 off sticker guy. Danvers sells cars they don't give them away as you want to lead everyone to believe. If I had your real info I would look into your file and tell you exactly how much you really paid.

It frustrates me every time somebody hops on the net and post a bunch of lies, which in turn misleads everyone else into thinking some pipe dream deal is out there. As far as I'm concern, getting a fair discount is only fair as I too want a fair discount when I buy cars. But when people want some ridiculous price on a hot car, you have to ask yourself, when is cheap too cheap. But of course it's worst when some one claims they got that ridiculous price to beging with.

To get $3900 of an IS AWD is pretty much buying the vehicle at invoice or below. Now why on earth would any dealer do that, when so many non-stengy pleople are willing to pay sticker? How deperate could they possibly have been over a vehicle that pretty much sells itself, has low availability and is in high demand?

Most of the discounts posted sound reasonable but to the $3900 guy, you did not get that deal from Danvers. NOT AT THESE NUMBERS!

I don't know why someone would lie about the deal they got....hopefully most of the people are being truthful. I got $2000 right off MSRP on a base RWD 250 AT. This car was in stock tho, not special ordered....I flew 850 miles to get my deal.
Old 03-01-06, 07:42 AM
helriser
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bagwell
I don't know why someone would lie about the deal they got....hopefully most of the people are being truthful. I got $2000 right off MSRP on a base RWD 250 AT. This car was in stock tho, not special ordered....I flew 850 miles to get my deal.

Yes most are being truthful. But some people will lie to impress or make it seems like they did better then eveyone else. Your deal sounds very believable. There are a few small dealers out there that will discount agressively in order to compete. But even they, will not give away cars. You got a fair deal!
Old 03-01-06, 07:42 AM
Lem144
Intermediate

Just a little insight-

Working for a highly reputable Lexus dealer in Mass, I know some of you in massachusetts DID NOT get the deal you said you got. Especially the $3900 off sticker guy. Danvers sells cars they don't give them away as you want to lead everyone to believe. If I had your real info I would look into your file and tell you exactly how much you really paid.

It frustrates me every time somebody hops on the net and post a bunch of lies, which in turn misleads everyone else into thinking some pipe dream deal is out there. As far as I'm concern, getting a fair discount is only fair as I too want a fair discount when I buy cars. But when people want some ridiculous price on a hot car, you have to ask yourself, when is cheap too cheap. But of course it's worst when some one claims they got that ridiculous price to beging with.

To get $3900 of an IS AWD is pretty much buying the vehicle at invoice or below. Now why on earth would any dealer do that, when so many non-stengy pleople are willing to pay sticker? How deperate could they possibly have been over a vehicle that pretty much sells itself, has low availability and is in high demand?

Most of the discounts posted sound reasonable but to the $3900 guy, you did not get that deal from Danvers. NOT AT THESE NUMBERS!
Don't tell me what I got and didn't get. I have the sales contact. Signed by the manager. So quit your hassling.

I did not get an AWD 250, so you don't even know what you're talking about. It's a RWD manual tranny at 3% over invoice. Sticker is $39,214 and I am paying $35,350. That is almost $4000 under MSRP; invoice is around $34k, so the dealer IS making a profit.

If you worked for Lexus you would know this already.
Old 03-01-06, 07:43 AM
Lem144
Intermediate

where did you fly to?
Old 03-01-06, 07:57 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lem144
where did you fly to?
to Nashville from Houston (it was a free flight).

Lem - man, I wish I could have got your deal on a IS350 with Sport or Lux pack.

How'd you do it? especially on a 250.
Old 03-01-06, 08:07 AM
Lem144
Intermediate

to Nashville from Houston (it was a free flight).

Lem - man, I wish I could have got your deal on a IS350 with Sport or Lux pack.

How'd you do it? especially on a 250.
I submitted my request online to several dealers in New England. One responded from CT and then when the place I ordered from asked how they could get my business I told them I would order from them if they matched the CT offer. They did, and I went in the next day and put my deposit down. I was there for about 20 minutes. They are really great - highly recommended. I would have gotten it from CT but dealing locally is just more convenient.

I dont think helriser knows what he's talking about. Or he is just trying to raise hel.

My family is in Nashville. I first saw the DSM IS250 there. It was sitting outside on display shining in the sun.
Old 03-01-06, 08:09 AM
Lem144
Intermediate

I know. Helriser must work at Lexus of Watertown. What a bunch of crooks there. Stay away from Watertown! They are slimey.
Old 03-01-06, 11:23 AM
helriser
Driver School Candidate

I know. Helriser must work at Lexus of Watertown. What a bunch of crooks there. Stay away from Watertown! They are slimey.
No I don't work at Watertown lexus, but a I agree with you, they are a bunch of crooks. And as far as your deal is concern most RWD 5sp IS250s run an MSRP of $32,564. So I am very curious as to how yours had an MSRP of 39k?

What other additional options you had on it?

Provide details to back up your claim please! As you can see, everyone who has posted on this thread is currious as to how you got that deal. So am I!

For the record, I'm not trying to raise hell, just searching for the truth. Because although customers claim that car dealers lie, the proven fact is, customers lie way more than dealers do.

No pun intended!
Old 03-01-06, 11:26 AM
helriser
Driver School Candidate

By the way Lem114, is there a reason why you are replying to your own messages LOL
Old 03-01-06, 11:29 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

No I don't work at Watertown lexus, but a I agree with you, they are a bunch of crooks. And as far as your deal is concern most RWD 5sp IS250s run an MSRP of $32,564. So I am very curious as to how yours had an MSRP of 39k?

look at his sig....

NAV/ML, LL etc, etc....
Old 03-01-06, 11:31 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

It's not hard to run up the price with options. I have $10k worth on my 350.
Old 03-01-06, 11:34 AM
Lem144
Intermediate

IF you worked at Lexus shouldnt you KNOW how much the options cost. Hell, you dont even have to work there to know it. Anyway, you're an idiot and I'm done replying to you. I dont have to justify anything to you.

Provide details to back up your claim please! As you can see, everyone who has posted on this thread is currious as to how you got that deal. So am I!

For the record, I'm not trying to raise hell, just searching for the truth. Because although customers claim that car dealers lie, the proven fact is, customers lie way more than dealers do.

No pun intended!
Old 03-01-06, 12:00 PM
helriser
Driver School Candidate

IF you worked at Lexus shouldnt you KNOW how much the options cost. Hell, you dont even have to work there to know it. Anyway, you're an idiot and I'm done replying to you. I dont have to justify anything to you.
Yet you still did not say what you added on your vehicle that made it 39k. Simple question which requires a simple answer smart ***!

The IS comes pretty loaded from factory with the exception of Nav, Mark Levinston. So what does your vehicle have? Nav? Sport Package? Luxury Package? ML? I know it has the premiun package becasue that is standard. What else does yours have moron?

You are simply caught in your lie and you realize you have no way out. Don't you find it a little odd that you out of all the people here is the only one who got almost $4k off. I know why, because it's BS. Whether you reply or not, the fact remains, YOU CAN'T BACK UP YOUR CLAIM.

LAMER!!
Old 03-01-06, 12:36 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Yet you still did not say what you added on your vehicle that made it 39k. Simple question which requires a simple answer smart ***!

The IS comes pretty loaded from factory with the exception of Nav, Mark Levinston. So what does your vehicle have? Nav? Sport Package? Luxury Package? ML? I know it has the premiun package becasue that is standard. What else does yours have moron?

You are simply caught in your lie and you realize you have no way out. Don't you find it a little odd that you out of all the people here is the only one who got almost $4k off. I know why, because it's BS. Whether you reply or not, the fact remains, YOU CAN'T BACK UP YOUR CLAIM.

LAMER!!
goodbye helriser....totally inappropriate post and its been reported
Old 03-01-06, 12:40 PM
is350WHT
Rookie

I got $2000 off MSRP in San Jose, CA. Had to Special Order because of the color combo (White/Black). Don't think it was a stretch for the dealer considering its fully loaded (MSRP 44,000+).

Lucky me, getting the car this week (hope when its not raining) after just waiting for 30 days...

(P.S. for anyone wondering, I happened to bug the dealer at a time when the car was made available by the factory, so I guess this is a preference allocation and not a special order.)

Quick Reply: for those people that special ordered and had to wait - did you get a discount?