IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Installation: 2nd gen IS Ipod Integration.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-06, 02:59 PM
AllenAggie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Phillip31
Ya, same here. I already have the charger cable plus the aux cable in the console. i wouldnt want to add the isolator and have even more wires in there. I guess for now i will just connect the aux cable to the headphones output for now....and dont use the charger coz it works fine that way anyway. U said ur gonna take ur car in next week.....will they be able to fix it by next week?
Yeh...they said it'll take a few hours or so....but they are giving me a loaner in case there are too many cars ahead of me.
Old 02-26-06, 11:25 PM
Phillip31
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AllenAggie
Yeh...they said it'll take a few hours or so....but they are giving me a loaner in case there are too many cars ahead of me.
So that means the TSIB is gonna be out by next week and they can fix the problem as long as you bring it in?.....Update us when u get it fixed coz i would like to get mine fixed as soon as possible...thanks.
Old 02-26-06, 11:57 PM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

is it really that hard for someone to think about modifying the Belkin adapter to make it fit int he standard port? shaving the top down with a dremel tool doesn't seem all that hard difficult or dangerous to the product, and you will still have your audio out through the dongle so its full spectrum and just go from plug to AUX plug.
Old 02-27-06, 12:17 AM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont get it. why not just put mp3s on your cds and then use the integrated controls to play them? why isnt this essentially the same thing as the ipod minus the cost of the music?
Old 02-27-06, 03:11 AM
mcfly
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by digital_b
I dont get it. why not just put mp3s on your cds and then use the integrated controls to play them? why isnt this essentially the same thing as the ipod minus the cost of the music?
Because:

1. all the iPod geeks won't think that's nearly as cool
2. nobody really wants to go through the hassle of ripping mp3 cd's and transferring all the data to the ipod, etc. They'd rather just do it once and forget about it.
Old 02-27-06, 05:02 AM
AllenAggie
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by heffergm
Because:

1. all the iPod geeks won't think that's nearly as cool
2. nobody really wants to go through the hassle of ripping mp3 cd's and transferring all the data to the ipod, etc. They'd rather just do it once and forget about it.
Yeah! What he said! Also, this thread is titled "gen IS iPod integration"....not "burn your MP3's to disc and playing them in your IS" ..... LMAO!
Old 02-27-06, 09:21 AM
DanIS350
Rookie

I haven't tried the MP3 CD yet, but isn't the whole ingenuity of the iPod in the interface?

With the iPod, I can access any song within a few seconds. With a CD containing hundreds of tracks, that's just not possible.
Old 02-27-06, 01:41 PM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AllenAggie
Yeah! What he said! Also, this thread is titled "gen IS iPod integration"....not "burn your MP3's to disc and playing them in your IS" ..... LMAO!

aside from using corny aol acronyms and having no clue what you read, the point is INTEGRATION which is not coming from this mod. especially if you have to access the ipod itself to change selections. and theres no reason to send mp3s to the ipod since it plays aac music that you have to buy anyway. unless I read the front console incorrectly there is a tune/file button on the dash. makes sense that you could choose tracks from the steering wheel [although I cant confirm since my car isnt in yet].
Old 02-27-06, 02:03 PM
tjmaxwell
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by digital_b
aside from using corny aol acronyms and having no clue what you read, the point is INTEGRATION which is not coming from this mod. especially if you have to access the ipod itself to change selections. and theres no reason to send mp3s to the ipod since it plays aac music that you have to buy anyway. unless I read the front console incorrectly there is a tune/file button on the dash. makes sense that you could choose tracks from the steering wheel [although I cant confirm since my car isnt in yet].
The iPod can play MP3s, not just AAC files that you buy. Also, an iPod holds up to 60GB of music, or most people's entire music collection. An MP3 CD holds like 650MB. Even six of them only stores about 1/18 of the amount of music an iPod can hold. I personally like having my whole collection together.

As for the integration issue, I think we'd all love to have a seemless solution that works with the car, but I'd almost argue that navigating your music through the iPod is more intuitive than navigating the cumbersome MP3 CD menus on the car. Especially since ID3 tags aren't supported and so few characters are displayed. Then again, that's just me.
Old 02-28-06, 06:43 PM
wayner
Rookie

Originally Posted by tjmaxwell
As for the integration issue, I think we'd all love to have a seemless solution that works with the car, but I'd almost argue that navigating your music through the iPod is more intuitive than navigating the cumbersome MP3 CD menus on the car. Especially since ID3 tags aren't supported and so few characters are displayed. Then again, that's just me.
But why not have essentially an iTunes version for your car that would work the same as iTunes on your PC or Mac. IMHO that would be the perfect solution.

Or your Nav screen could have a touch sensitive imitation of the iPod's scroll wheel. Then navigation would be EXACTLY as it is on the iPod, except it would be on a bigger screen and would be right on your dashboard rather than an iPod that you have to look down to use.

Last edited by wayner; 02-28-06 at 06:55 PM.
Old 02-28-06, 06:54 PM
wayner
Rookie

I am surprised that no one has mentioned this product. The Vaistech SLI. It has a charger integrated with an auxiliary input and uses the CD text feature so that you can see track info on the Nav screen. I believe you can only play plalists but you can control it with your regular audio controls.

Would this not work on a 2006 IS?

http://www.vaistech.com/sli.html

Old 02-28-06, 07:34 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wayner
I am surprised that no one has mentioned this product. The Vaistech SLI. It has a charger integrated with an auxiliary input and uses the CD text feature so that you can see track info on the Nav screen. I believe you can only play plalists but you can control it with your regular audio controls.

Would this not work on a 2006 IS?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=201814
Old 02-28-06, 07:40 PM
wayner
Rookie

Sorry about that - at the mp3 your car website it lists it under a different name - a Neo iPod adapter as opposed to Vais SoundLinq SLI on the site that I linked to.
Old 03-18-06, 01:39 PM
yankee_fan
Driver School Candidate

Default Possible TSB

has anyone had any luck with the possible TSB for the humming noise? i called my dealer and they had zero info

- cheers
Old 03-18-06, 08:32 PM
wayner
Rookie

You need to buy a ground loop isolator to fix the hum or else don't have the charger plugged in while you're listening to the iPod.

Quick Reply: Installation: 2nd gen IS Ipod Integration.