IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

TPMS malfunction light off

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-06, 11:52 PM
onihc
I heart Honda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default TPMS malfunction light off

For some reason the malfunction did not come on after i reset TPMS on board computer.

i purchased rims and tire, the tire guy attempted to install the sensor on to the new wheel. did not fit correctly so the malfunction light came on. last night, i brought my stock wheels home to do some testing with the TPMS. i stacked all four wheels near the rear bumper and re-initialized the computer. malfunction turned off, but low pressure warning light came on. filled the low tire to correct pressure and all lights and indicators returned to normal. this test was done to verify that the spare tire trick would work. (all sensors are still in their tires)

this evening i drove the car out, and none of the warning lights came on! drove around probably 15 total miles and no lights yet.

this may be a fluke, i will update as soon the lights come back on. just passing this information on for people that were not able to install their sensors onto their new wheels.
Old 02-17-06, 11:55 AM
viet658
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by onihc
For some reason the malfunction did not come on after i reset TPMS on board computer.

i purchased rims and tire, the tire guy attempted to install the sensor on to the new wheel. did not fit correctly so the malfunction light came on. last night, i brought my stock wheels home to do some testing with the TPMS. i stacked all four wheels near the rear bumper and re-initialized the computer. malfunction turned off, but low pressure warning light came on. filled the low tire to correct pressure and all lights and indicators returned to normal. this test was done to verify that the spare tire trick would work. (all sensors are still in their tires)

this evening i drove the car out, and none of the warning lights came on! drove around probably 15 total miles and no lights yet.

this may be a fluke, i will update as soon the lights come back on. just passing this information on for people that were not able to install their sensors onto their new wheels.
It took my car a few days to even recognize that the sensors were missing, but eventually the warning light did come on.