IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Did you guys get a JD Power survey for your IS?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-06, 06:53 AM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did you guys get a JD Power survey for your IS?

Just wondering, because I got mine at the end of last week. The envelope includes a crisp new dollar bill - they pay you in advance, trying to guilt you into filling out the survey!

Anyway, I filled it out because obviously I am a big fan of this car, and wanted to give it good scores. The only things I gave it below average (less than 5 on scale of 1-10) marks for were front headroom, rear legroom, and rear/side visibility. I also gave it around an average score for "How distinctive the look of your car is." I think the car looks great, but there's no denying that it looks a bit like some other cars, ie Hyundai Sonata, Mazda 6, even Corolla from some angles...

But I gave really high marks for instrumentation, technology, safety, acceleration, quality of workmanship, interior style, and some others. And of course, I have had the car for 3+ months with 0 problems.

Last edited by diablo1; 02-13-06 at 07:21 AM.
Old 02-13-06, 07:22 AM
Lem144
Intermediate

Originally Posted by diablo1
Anyway, I filled it out because obviously I am a big fan of this car, and wanted to give it good scores. The only things I gave it below average (less than 5 on scale of 1-10) marks for were front headroom, rear legroom, and rear/side visibility. I also gave it around an average score for "How distinctive the look of your car is." I think the car looks great, but there's no denying that it looks a bit like some other cars, ie Hyundai Sonata, Mazda 6, even Corolla from some angles...

WHAT!?! There is only so much you can do with a sedan share. I think the new IS is one of the most distinctive shapes out there. The new Jetta looks like a Corolla - NOT the new IS. And the Sonata is an Accord, not an IS.
Old 02-13-06, 07:37 AM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

I posted this before, but I see similarities here:

And here:

But I don't want this to turn into a "cars that the IS looks like" thread, so let's start a new thread if we want to talk about that.
Old 02-13-06, 07:44 AM
Lem144
Intermediate

This is why I hate silver cars! They all look the same. That's why your car looks like all the other cars.

I've posted that before too.
Old 02-13-06, 07:54 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Lem144
This is why I hate silver cars! They all look the same. That's why your car looks like all the other cars.

I've posted that before too.
all black cars look the same, or all blue cars look the same
Old 02-13-06, 07:58 AM
Lem144
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TimboIS
all black cars look the same, or all blue cars look the same
Especially the IS blue/black. =)
Old 02-13-06, 08:06 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 275 Likes on 243 Posts

Just wondering, because I got mine at the end of last week. The envelope includes a crisp new dollar bill - they pay you in advance, trying to guilt you into filling out the survey!
I got one, but obviously a different one than you got. Mine was the "J.D. Power Initial quality survey" and pretty much only asked about problem areas. No place on my survey to rate things like legroom visibility or styling. Well, at least I got the same crisp dollar for a bit less work.
Old 02-13-06, 08:18 AM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

I'll check which one I got. It was really long - 8 full pages of SAT-style questions (fill in the circles, write in numbers, etc). There were questions on problems you've had (that part was easy!) as well as rating probably 150 different aspects of the car.

The IS looks like those two other cars because of its shape, not its color. Don't get me wrong, I love the car... I'm just saying it's not as distinctive as some other cars out there.
Old 02-13-06, 08:50 AM
Lem144
Intermediate

I'll check which one I got. It was really long - 8 full pages of SAT-style questions (fill in the circles, write in numbers, etc). There were questions on problems you've had (that part was easy!) as well as rating probably 150 different aspects of the car.

The IS looks like those two other cars because of its shape, not its color. Don't get me wrong, I love the car... I'm just saying it's not as distinctive as some other cars out there.
Ok. You have your eyes and I have mine. Try posting pics of different colors. All sedans have the same general shape. Or at least you can find a similar sedan to look like any other sedan.
Old 02-13-06, 09:06 AM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

For exmaple, nothing really looks like a BMW 3 series. I think the IS looks better, but also a little less unique.
Old 02-13-06, 09:23 AM
dfw350
Lead Lap

you forgot the Lincoln Zephyr

click this
http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-20...-1920x1440.jpg
Old 02-13-06, 09:43 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

I have received a couple of surveys.

The last one was from Maritz and had a dollar.

The previous one may have been from Maritz as well.

I keep seeing questions on mobility features.

The Lexus magazine I received in the mail last week had a short piece on a customer with physical limitations who was able to drive an sc430.
Old 02-13-06, 09:46 AM
mcfly
Lead Lap

I think you guys would all fail miserably as designers...
Old 02-13-06, 09:49 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

no point in arguing a car looks like another car nowadays, something will always look like something. Its all about the combination of somethings
Old 02-13-06, 06:00 PM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

But I gave really high marks for instrumentation, technology, safety, acceleration, quality of workmanship, interior style, and some others. And of course, I have had the car for 3+ months with 0 problems.
Yep, got mine a few days ago, completed it, and sent it back. I think we gave lower ratings for the same things, except for visibility - rear and side has been ok for me. My bigger visibility issue is upward. I can't see a traffic light if I'm the first car at the light unless I either hunch over the steering wheel or stick my head out the moonroof!). Other than those items, I gave it anywhere from 8 to 10 for all the other items.

Already spent the $1

Quick Reply: Did you guys get a JD Power survey for your IS?