IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

trade in g35 for an is350, need help...

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-06, 04:14 PM
digiz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trade in g35 for an is350, need help...

Hello, I have a 2004 G35C, and am in love with the new is350's, do you guys think its worth it for me to trade in my car to get the is350? The thing is my car isnt paid off yet, i still have about another 20k on it, is it possible that the dealer can buy the car from me and i pay the difference on the amount? Not sure how that would work. But anyhow guys, I am really loving the new is350, beautiful car...

give me some more reasons why i should get this instead of keeping my current car...
Old 02-07-06, 04:20 PM
RaZoRaMoN
Lead Lap

As long as you can get 20K or more as trade in for your G35 then you can use whatever is over as a down on the new IS350.

I got my IS 4 days ago and I love it. My suggestion is to testdrive the IS extensively and if you can see yourself driving it then go for it. There are just to many great things to list about this car...especially if you get Navi/ML.

Good Luck!
Old 02-07-06, 04:21 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

If you need us to convince you then you really don't want the IS. Also, you'll likely get VERY little return on your G35 (it could actually be worth less than the $20K outstanding).
Old 02-07-06, 04:27 PM
digiz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TimboIS
If you need us to convince you then you really don't want the IS. Also, you'll likely get VERY little return on your G35 (it could actually be worth less than the $20K outstanding).
little, my g35 is in excellent condition though, it's stock except for the body kit and stereo system that i put in... i'm seriously considering getting an is350 though, but the thing about the dealer not giving me that much for the car makes me want to give up, im not sure what to do... i need some advice here... plus i keep my g35 garaged most of the time, got it at the end of 2003, and i only have 15k miles on her... so i am hoping that will help the resale value some...
Old 02-07-06, 04:28 PM
accelerate
Lead Lap

Well there are alot of factors, what condition is your car in, how many miles, any accidents, paint work, options. If your car is in great shape you won't have a hard time getting twenty plus for your car, it's still a hot car.
Old 02-07-06, 04:31 PM
digiz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by accelerate
Well there are alot of factors, what condition is your car in, how many miles, any accidents, paint work, options. If your car is in great shape you won't have a hard time getting twenty plus for your car, it's still a hot car.
like i said, the car is in excellent condition, its not my daily driver, i got low miles on it, body kit and after market sound system... everything else stock...
Old 02-07-06, 04:36 PM
Lexwang07

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep your G35 Coupe handling better! G35 coupe looks cheap interier and 2007 Infiniti New G37 Coupe were coming soon! I know,u like IS350 awesome sport sedan. Have you ever drive or own Lexus car before? U should like it so much!
Old 02-07-06, 04:46 PM
accelerate
Lead Lap

Ok here's the deal I went on Kelly blue book for you. Your car trade in value in good condition is about 26 and change and about 27 and change for excellent. Don't expect them to give excellent value for your car because they alway's make more money selling used cars. Just remember what they first offer you don't except you will be able to get more trust me. Then again hope you are ready to pay close to sticker price unless you are lucky like some of us. Well good luck let us know what happens.
Old 02-07-06, 04:50 PM
LexFather

Smile

Originally Posted by digiz
give me some more reasons why i should get this instead of keeping my current car...
1. The interior. You actually sit in the car, the IS has an interior worthy of cars costing twice as much. On teh other hand, teh G35 has the inteiror of a car costing twice as less.
2. Speed, both are very fast, the IS is the faster car. I don't understand the concept of owning a coupe, if it not faster than a sedan.
3. Looks, both look great, the IS is the newer car, a new G35 is on the way.
4. Prestige, Lexus is a top tier luxury brand, infiniti is as well known as Rasheed Wallace in Mongolia.
5. Something new and challenging to mod.

If anyone flames me, your going to get a new one ripped. He ASKED for reasons why to choose the IS.

Good luck, got any pics of the G35?
Old 02-07-06, 04:56 PM
digiz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
1. The interior. You actually sit in the car, the IS has an interior worthy of cars costing twice as much. On teh other hand, teh G35 has the inteiror of a car costing twice as less.
2. Speed, both are very fast, the IS is the faster car. I don't understand the concept of owning a coupe, if it not faster than a sedan.
3. Looks, both look great, the IS is the newer car, a new G35 is on the way.
4. Prestige, Lexus is a top tier luxury brand, infiniti is as well known as Rasheed Wallace in Mongolia.
5. Something new and challenging to mod.

If anyone flames me, your going to get a new one ripped. He ASKED for reasons why to choose the IS.

Good luck, got any pics of the G35?
yup, ill have to dig and post em up later, but thanks, heh... to the person who looked on kbb.com for me and said i got 26/27k for my resale value, i actually went in and got a 34k for my resale value, i was surprised on how high it was... i read on cnn.com once that g35 are really well at keeping its value... but when i say 34k on kbb.com for my car i was surprised... if its that high, i will definetly trade it in at the lexus dealer...

oh btw, i selected "suggested price" not private or dealer...
Old 02-07-06, 05:00 PM
JimRHIT
Driver School Candidate

little, my g35 is in excellent condition though, it's stock except for the body kit and stereo system that i put in... i'm seriously considering getting an is350 though, but the thing about the dealer not giving me that much for the car makes me want to give up, im not sure what to do... i need some advice here... plus i keep my g35 garaged most of the time, got it at the end of 2003, and i only have 15k miles on her... so i am hoping that will help the resale value some...
You'll do just fine.

I just traded in my 350Z this way. I only owed 8k on it yet, but they covered that....

here is how it works.

Negotiate the price ofthe IS, settle on that.
Negotiate the price on the G35, write that down.

Then you go into financing the IS .... they tell you it is $xx,xxx-amount at x.x% rate. How much would you like to put down ... you say .. my car (since you have positive equity, you can do this).

I got $20k for my 350Z track with 42k miles on it .. you'll do fine on a G35 trade ... they hold their value very well. My car had an aftermarket bodykit, wheels, stereo, nav, seats suspension ... all this stuff ... I made a deal with them that I could take all that back out and put it back to stock ... and they were fine with that.

Good luck with everything,
Jim

Essentially you refi your debt at a new rate ... in my case 3% vs the 4.4% I was at on the Z
Old 02-07-06, 05:01 PM
accelerate
Lead Lap

Yes resale value is that high but remember the dealer won;t come close to that because they have to make lots of money on used cars trust me. But if your are not in a rush try selling your car yourself then you could ask for resale value.
Old 02-07-06, 05:21 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

yup, ill have to dig and post em up later, but thanks, heh... to the person who looked on kbb.com for me and said i got 26/27k for my resale value, i actually went in and got a 34k for my resale value, i was surprised on how high it was... i read on cnn.com once that g35 are really well at keeping its value... but when i say 34k on kbb.com for my car i was surprised... if its that high, i will definetly trade it in at the lexus dealer...

oh btw, i selected "suggested price" not private or dealer...
i doubt you will get near 34k for it. Sell it privately and someone will definately buy it. They are hot cars
Old 02-07-06, 05:31 PM
mcfly
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
i doubt you will get near 34k for it. Sell it privately and someone will definately buy it. They are hot cars
Sorry, but a dealer isn't going to give you anywhere near 34k for your car. Dealer's will offer you wholesale, which for your car is going to be in the neighborhood of 26-28k.
Old 02-07-06, 05:35 PM
digiz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JimRHIT
You'll do just fine.

I just traded in my 350Z this way. I only owed 8k on it yet, but they covered that....

here is how it works.

Negotiate the price ofthe IS, settle on that.
Negotiate the price on the G35, write that down.

Then you go into financing the IS .... they tell you it is $xx,xxx-amount at x.x% rate. How much would you like to put down ... you say .. my car (since you have positive equity, you can do this).

I got $20k for my 350Z track with 42k miles on it .. you'll do fine on a G35 trade ... they hold their value very well. My car had an aftermarket bodykit, wheels, stereo, nav, seats suspension ... all this stuff ... I made a deal with them that I could take all that back out and put it back to stock ... and they were fine with that.

Good luck with everything,
Jim

Essentially you refi your debt at a new rate ... in my case 3% vs the 4.4% I was at on the Z
thanks for all your help, this will help me out greatly, i think my APR now on my car is 5.9%, so you're saying go visit my lexus dealer, but dont tell them i wanna trade in my g35 and pretend im buying another car for myself? I went to lexus.com to build a car and the MSRP came out to be like 36,954 (i added in the 18" rims)... so how much lower on the price can i go on these new 2006 is350's? and once i agree on a price, then tell them i want to trade in my g35 for a new is350?

also do you really need to put your car back to stock, that will be a lot of work, and what do you mean by positive equity?

thanks again guys...

Quick Reply: trade in g35 for an is350, need help...