IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Child Seat

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-06, 05:29 PM
KevinC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Child Seat

I bought a new IS350 for my wife this weekend. We will be having our 1st child in the next two weeks.

I tried to do a practice run at installing our child seat in the new vehicle.I found it to be very difficult and unstable when installed.

Has anyone put a child seat in the new IS, and if so did if fit okay? Maybe I need to buy a diffrent car seat.

Anyone Suggestions?

Thanks
Kevin
Old 02-06-06, 06:35 PM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

I haven't had to try installing a car seat in mine yet for my 8 month old, but I do throw a booster seat in the back every once in a while for my 2-1/2 year old and that fits really well.
Old 02-06-06, 07:03 PM
mhiggi02
Driver

Originally Posted by Foxberry
I haven't had to try installing a car seat in mine yet for my 8 month old, but I do throw a booster seat in the back every once in a while for my 2-1/2 year old and that fits really well.
Ditto - but I always put a towel down to prevent damage to the leather.
Old 02-07-06, 01:31 AM
eddiec
Pole Position

Originally Posted by KevinC
I bought a new IS350 for my wife this weekend. We will be having our 1st child in the next two weeks.

I tried to do a practice run at installing our child seat in the new vehicle.I found it to be very difficult and unstable when installed.

Has anyone put a child seat in the new IS, and if so did if fit okay? Maybe I need to buy a diffrent car seat.

Anyone Suggestions?

Thanks
Kevin
Hi Kevin, congratulations!!! You're going to be a DAD

In fact, I run into the same situation as you. So I will need to buy a child seat next month.

It looks like there're lots of choices. However, I still dunt make up my mind.

I want to buy one that can fit my baby from 3-month to 4-year old.

And also a big towel to prevent damage to the leather
Old 02-07-06, 06:27 AM
tim817
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car seat in the car fit perfectly. It was my biggest concern before I bought the car is not able to fit the car seat in there.
Old 02-07-06, 09:24 AM
MVlexus
Driver School Candidate

I have a 10 month old. I put down two soft towels and purchased a new car seat with LATCH. It was extremely easy to install and remove when necessary.
Old 02-07-06, 11:22 AM
umpalumpa
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Latch

Originally Posted by KevinC

Anyone Suggestions?

Thanks
Kevin
The LATCH system makes things super easy and almost all the seats that are sold have this. I use a Britax seat, which is one of the safest around, and it can be used back facing or front facing. It has served us well. When I put it in my IS, I usually put down two fluffy towels and try to level out the surface as best as possible - as well as protect that leather! I loosen the straps and click them in under the velcro cover that hides the connectors. After that, I put a good amount of weight - an elbow or a knee! - and tighten the straps even further. Usually, it doesnt move after that. I assume you are putting the seat behind the passenger and not in the middle. Later on, when the kid is taller, you may have to move to the middle, but for now, the rear passenger side is the way to go. Here is a picture - although im at the front facing stage. Any question, dont hesitate to ask...
Attached Thumbnails Child Seat-is350d.jpg  
Old 02-07-06, 08:04 PM
KevinC
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by umpalumpa
The LATCH system makes things super easy and almost all the seats that are sold have this. I use a Britax seat, which is one of the safest around, and it can be used back facing or front facing. It has served us well. When I put it in my IS, I usually put down two fluffy towels and try to level out the surface as best as possible - as well as protect that leather! I loosen the straps and click them in under the velcro cover that hides the connectors. After that, I put a good amount of weight - an elbow or a knee! - and tighten the straps even further. Usually, it doesnt move after that. I assume you are putting the seat behind the passenger and not in the middle. Later on, when the kid is taller, you may have to move to the middle, but for now, the rear passenger side is the way to go. Here is a picture - although im at the front facing stage. Any question, dont hesitate to ask...

Thank you very much for the photo. I am going to purchase a britax car seat. I bout an Eddie Bauer car seat but it is too bulky..

Again thanks foe the great info..
Old 02-08-06, 07:13 PM
casey225
Pole Position

I'll tell you you what works even better, I bought my wife/kid/kid to be a Sienna - ain't no stinkin' car seats goin' in my 350 - LOL!!! As for the car seat, definitely take the advice on the Britax. I think their best model is in the $200-250 range, if you can afford an IS, you shouldn't even think twice about this. Plus, if you have even the most minor fender-bender, Britax "insists" upon replacing your "damaged" seat with a new one, in return, you send the old one back for R&D.
Old 02-08-06, 09:16 PM
pwndzzled
Rookie

sweet. I was wondering about this too... Wife and I just discovered we're pregnant! hehe

BTW Tim817, that's one cute baby.
Old 02-08-06, 10:58 PM
umpalumpa
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default That carseat pic...

Originally Posted by casey225
I'll tell you you what works even better, I bought my wife/kid/kid to be a Sienna - ain't no stinkin' car seats goin' in my 350 - LOL!!! As for the car seat, definitely take the advice on the Britax. I think their best model is in the $200-250 range, if you can afford an IS, you shouldn't even think twice about this. Plus, if you have even the most minor fender-bender, Britax "insists" upon replacing your "damaged" seat with a new one, in return, you send the old one back for R&D.
...is more of a demo, the seat goes in the rx330! on OCCASION, the carseat makes it into the IS. The great thing about that LATCH system is that once you get good at it, you can have a seat out of one car and into the other in about a minute...NO EXAGGERATION! so if the wife has stuff to do and leaves me with our daughter, i just move the seat and we are off to home depot... (kids love home depot and lowes!). I would warn you that once the seat is forward facing, you really need to move the seat up a lot, thats why i've used it in rear center as of late. Congrats on all the kids and future kids to all of you...