IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Does the IS Navi lack a trip computer?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-06, 07:54 PM
Jeffoo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does the IS Navi lack a trip computer?

O.K. So I have owned the IS 350 for about a month and may I say I am LOVING it. That being said...is it me or does the navigation system not come with some sort of trip computer. What I mean by trip computer is a program that allows you to track how long you have travelled in terms of time and distance travelled (the odo thing doesn't count). I saw something like it in an ES in an auto magazine. That being said, I haven't been about to find any sort of screen in the IS navi that is similiar. Maybe i am missing something, please give your take
Old 02-03-06, 08:02 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes i believe you can "record" your trip using the navi.
Old 02-03-06, 08:06 PM
Jeffoo
Driver School Candidate

Default I am going to try that right now

Thank you, I have always wondered what the record button was. I always thought maybe it was just some sort of thing that allowed you to trace your route on the screen...

Thanx
Old 02-03-06, 08:29 PM
AgBlue
Pole Position

Correct me if I'm wrong.. but the record button only highlights (trace) the route your are driving in red. Then you can choose to save it to there, and it will permanently (til you erase it) on the screen. I think you can also do multiple trips. But I don't believe there is any way to determine the actual miles driven, unless there is some sort of info button that I missed.

Btw, did you know that certain buildings (like shopping malls) sometimes show up brown on the map, and if you zoom all the way in with the crosshairs on it, a 'Building Info' button pops up. Hitting that will give you a listing of stores in that building along with phone numbers and all.
Old 02-03-06, 09:57 PM
muzzman1
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AgBlue
Correct me if I'm wrong.. but the record button only highlights (trace) the route your are driving in red. Then you can choose to save it to there, and it will permanently (til you erase it) on the screen. I think you can also do multiple trips. But I don't believe there is any way to determine the actual miles driven, unless there is some sort of info button that I missed.

Btw, did you know that certain buildings (like shopping malls) sometimes show up brown on the map, and if you zoom all the way in with the crosshairs on it, a 'Building Info' button pops up. Hitting that will give you a listing of stores in that building along with phone numbers and all.

That info button comes in very handy in those cases as well! But unfortunatly for most markets they do not have that detail like we do in So CA. In fact I believe when I was up in the bay area I did not see that detail. (They mention this somewhere in the manual)