IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Navagation or NO Navagation - why did YOU choose?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-06, 03:40 PM
JoesIS250
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree with all the reasons above as to why it was good to get a nav and one other reason was that with the cost of an additional $2500 for the nav over the entire span of my financing i figured it was only another $35 more a month and for me that wasnt enough of a reason for me to ponder "should i or shouldnt i ?" soo i went for it and havent regretted yet.
Old 02-03-06, 03:50 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have never met or heard of a person who had nav in their last car and then decided to not get it in their next car. nav is like a cellphone, it's gonna take some people a little bit of time to realize that it's probably an ok thing to have one. i remember a few years ago some guy told me he didn't need a cellphone because he wasn't in sales and didn't need to call clients while on the road.
Old 02-03-06, 04:11 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by kensteele
i have never met or heard of a person who had nav in their last car and then decided to not get it in their next car. nav is like a cellphone, it's gonna take some people a little bit of time to realize that it's probably an ok thing to have one. i remember a few years ago some guy told me he didn't need a cellphone because he wasn't in sales and didn't need to call clients while on the road.
I had NAV in my 2001 Mercedes C320 and used it only about once a year....yeah it looks nice and all...but I just never used the thing....so it was an easy choice NOT to be essential in my new IS.
Old 02-03-06, 05:33 PM
emissivity

I ordered ML/NAV just to hack it...plus its nice to have.
Old 02-03-06, 05:36 PM
tim817
Intermediate

Simple, I wouldn't buy my IS if it didn't have the NAV. I would love to have ML too but couldn't wait
Old 02-03-06, 05:38 PM
Chi-town
Pole Position

Had it in my last vehicle; loved it! Didn't need it this go round; however, definately a good feature to have.
Old 02-03-06, 06:36 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...11349?n=172282

this is petty good too for people that are not fortunate enough to find the IS with navigation.
Old 02-03-06, 07:49 PM
muzzman1
Driver

Default The reality (my reality at least)

In my line of work the NAV is an absolute necessity, I spend most of my day driving around (which has recently become 1000times more enjoyable with my new car) doing tech support, going from client to client, so for me the NAV and bluetooth were an essential element to the purchase of my IS. Previosly I had a is300, a tom tom, and a bluetooth earpiece....I decided it was time for an "upgrade".
....the bottom line....if you feel that you will want the NAV/bluetooth etc....or you are simply a gadget freak (as with myself) you MUST get the NAV...otherwise its your $$ so save it or spend it as you like.... (my 2 cents)
Old 02-03-06, 08:07 PM
Lupin5
Driver

I went with the NAV because I read if your out and feel like getting food from a restuarant I dont know the number, you could just look up the number on the NAV. Also I never owned one w/NAV and loved the features the NAV brings to the IS. Backup camera is pretty sweet. Also, if you decide to sell the car, the value of the car will be more due to the NAV being an option.

Sidenote: Dealer called today and told me my car will be here by the 20th.
Old 02-03-06, 08:48 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bagwell
I had NAV in my 2001 Mercedes C320 and used it only about once a year....yeah it looks nice and all...but I just never used the thing....so it was an easy choice NOT to be essential in my new IS.
Nice to meet you.
Old 02-03-06, 09:06 PM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

I regret not getting nav. So I say get it.

I only regret it because I think the interior of Nav equipped cars look nicer. Kinda Silly for me to regret not spending $2500 for a Touchscreen HVAC. I dont need the NAV.

Also, my friend Paul had Nav in his g35. His next car didnt, the EVO. And the car after the EVO didnt as well(Audi S4).
Old 02-03-06, 09:26 PM
Kermee
Advanced

Got NAV because I'm a sucker for gadgets and yes, I do use it quite often too.

Cheers,
Kermee
Old 02-03-06, 09:37 PM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

When I was buying my car, I was kind of debating if I should put out the extra money and go for the NAV. When it was all said and done, I decided to spend the extra money and get it now rather than, regret it later on down the road. Like the others said, sure you can save a couple thousand and just buy a map. I primarily bought this car because I wanted to have some fun. Being a big gadget junkie it was a no brainer for me.
Old 02-03-06, 09:38 PM
Tony1
Lead Lap

Will i ever use the nav? maybe once or twice in my lifettime,, so do i need
it? absolutely not.. I just got it because it basically makes the dashboard
look cooler lol.., plus when i sell it, its worth a bit more, so its not a total waste
of money...
Old 02-03-06, 09:52 PM
dmacneill
Rookie

Originally Posted by kensteele
Well, I am another person who has had Nav (Acura TSX) but did not get it on my IS (actually it is on its way here right now, being a special order). I am not interested in the Bluetooth or DVD capabilities, and I used the Nav so rarely in my TSX that it was not worth the money to me to get it on my IS. Also, you can get ML without Nav - I special ordered mine with the Luxury Package (LL) and the ML package without Nav. It is scheduled to arrive around February 12.

Quick Reply: Navagation or NO Navagation - why did YOU choose?