IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS 250 with NAV/ML not available?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-06, 05:32 PM
DanRN
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS 250 with NAV/ML not available?

I want to get an IS 250 with NAV / ML, but today when I talked to a salesman at a lexus dealer (Tustin Lexus, CA), he told me that Lexus doesn't make IS 250 with NAV / ML. It's only available in IS 350. Is this true? Can they place the order from Japan? This dealer had an IS 350 loaded with everything including ML on the lot. I tested the ML sound system and it sounded much cleaner than the non-ML system.
Old 02-01-06, 05:43 PM
tonyscv
Driver

To put it nicely - he's full of crap. You can order an IS with any options you want.
Old 02-01-06, 05:51 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You can get the 250 with Nav+ML. Special order it because I don't think there is plenty on ML available to go around.
Old 02-01-06, 05:56 PM
Robnbill
Driver School Candidate

Default Ml 250

According to our dealer, you can order a model with virtually any configuration you want but you will have to wait 3 to 4 months after you place your deposit. Obviously, if you want to start breaking up the packages there might be some configurations they will not entertain but if you stilck to the list of options in the brochure you should be safe.

My partner and I ordered a IS 250 awd, with the Lux, Nav with ML among other options. We ordered October 30th. We just found out it will be at the port Feb 9th so we should have it 4 or so days later.

The main source of frustration about the whole thing is the lack of any feedback until the car gets on the boat. The dealer told us he would not know anything until it was being shipped. That has certainly seemed to be the case.

I understand from this forum that there are some dealers who really push back on a customer wanting to special order, but we found Pohanka Lexus to be quite accomodating. The IS is still so hot here in the DC, No VA area that they are still getting MSRP especially on custom orders.

I would get a brochure. Pick out the options you want, then find a dealer that will work with you. Then just be patient.
Old 02-01-06, 06:47 PM
Langdell
Driver

As others have posted, you can certainly get the combo you want by special order, with a 3-4 month wait.

If you are impatient (like me) you might want to try what I did. Don't take no for an answer. E-mail other dealers in your region asking if they have your preferred color/option combo in stock or incoming.

In my case, salespeople from two different dealers told me that getting any IS with ML would be a special order. I went ahead and placed a special order with my local dealer, but continued to push my salesman to try to locate an IS350 configured how I wanted sooner. He was like your salesman--did not even try to keep my business by making a serious effort to locate my car.

Meanwhile, an out-of-town dealer came through with an incoming IS350 exactly like I want, including ML. I put down my deposit, and got a call from my saleslady today saying my car is expected to arrive around Feb. 9-15. Persistence can pay off! (Of course, I'm keeping my fingers crossed till I'm actually driving her home.)

P.S. One tip for e-mailing: instead of filling out their online form (which will require you to fill in a phone number, which will let salesman hassle you with calls pressuring you to take cars that aren't what you asked for) try to find a direct e-mail address on their website (either the "Internet sales manager" or a general sales e-mail) and just send a regular e-mail to that address. That way, you can call the one that says they have what you want instead of wasting time on the phone with others.
Old 02-02-06, 01:29 AM
krookid
Driver

I was told you can not (even special order) a 6sp and get nav. I also just received an e-mail from lexus and they said I could not get the ML in the 250 awd or 6sp some crap about extensive market reseach...... blah blah blah I am In Canada so it may be different in the states.
Old 02-02-06, 07:39 AM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default We had an IS250 manual with Nav and ML...

and it had a Sports Package too. It was a special order that cancelled to take an earlier car. I'm not sure about Canadian distribution but the factory makes them for sure. BTW the Mark Levinson system is awesome in the IS. It's worth the wait IMO.

Rock
Old 02-02-06, 08:19 AM
cmusic
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I wanted a 250 RWD with Premium, auto, ML, but no NAV.

I went to two Lexus dealers. The first dealer told me I could not get a 250 RWD period. "They don't make them, only 250 AWDs are made." the saleman said. At the time I was holding an opened broshure to the specs page; at the top was the specs for the 250 RWD. He said it would take 3-4 months for a custom order. He did not have any ISs in stock so I left.

The second dealer I went to had a 250 RWD, Premium, auto, and in the colors I wanted but with no ML. He said I could order one, but again it would take 3-4 months to get it. I went ahead and got the 250 he had in stock. SInce I had already planned on upgrading the audio system with new speakers and amplifiers, losing the ML was not as painfull as maybe to others. It turns out the stock stereo is alot easier to intergrate aftermarket amps and speakers than with the ML system, so I am more than happy with my IS250.
Old 02-02-06, 06:44 PM
shananagan
Driver School Candidate

I'm from Socal too and beware they will lie to you so they can sell you the cars on the lot. They dont want to have to special order. If the car sits on their lot too long they have to start paying interest on it. I asked them for a 250 with Luxury package, but Tustin said they didnt make it. Pretty funny when I just test drove one at Mission Viejo... Good luck in your search