ECT PWR button

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-06, 11:18 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jcreech
so far so good. just perfect.
As long as you get rid of the car before 60k miles you should be okay.. it's later on that I've been told improper break-in shows its impact.
Old 03-28-06, 03:31 AM
mcfly
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ES3
As long as you get rid of the car before 60k miles you should be okay.. it's later on that I've been told improper break-in shows its impact.
With all due respect, when was the last time you ever saw a motor fail in a modern car for ANY reason other than outright neglect, let alone "improper" break-in? Exactly, you haven't.

Engine life is one of the last things you need to be concerned with unless your goal is 200k miles. A noble goal, but most cars fall apart in other areas long before the motor ever hits that mark.
Old 03-28-06, 09:50 AM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mcfly
With all due respect, when was the last time you ever saw a motor fail in a modern car for ANY reason other than outright neglect, let alone "improper" break-in? Exactly, you haven't.

Engine life is one of the last things you need to be concerned with unless your goal is 200k miles. A noble goal, but most cars fall apart in other areas long before the motor ever hits that mark.
My '97 ES300 made it to 140k and the engine went kaput! I bought my car used from a Lexus dealership, it had come off a lease, can I prove that the guy didn't break it in by the manual? Nah, but I'll say this, I'm never buying a leased car again. Because I don't trust the "short term" buyer. That ES300 engine should have EASILY hit 200k.
Old 03-28-06, 10:44 AM
upbull340
Pole Position

I think most people that lease take good care of their car. I probably take better care than most. My S60R gets waxed by me 3 or 4 times a year and that is over the sealant and washed at least 3 times a month. Some of us take pride in the vehicle we drive whether we leased or purchased it.

I'm sure there is an exception to every rule.
Old 03-28-06, 02:50 PM
Wid IS350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mcfly

McHefferFlyGM - Nice to see you back buddy!!!!
Old 03-28-06, 03:26 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Wid IS350
McHefferFlyGM - Nice to see you back buddy!!!!
Hahahaha!!!
Old 03-28-06, 06:44 PM
nehal51086
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by kevp913
Here yo go... behind the wheel, next to the start/stop button.
I dont have my IS yet...but does anyone else thing that the button is located in a bit of an ackward position....In my GS its right diagonally in front of the Gear shiffter....by infront i mean towards the driver...so it is very easy to turn on while driving....i barely have to move my arm....its not that big of a deal, and i dont know if there would be room for it in that position in the IS...I just think Lexus might put something that would possibly be used often in a more convnient location.....
Old 03-28-06, 07:27 PM
TurkEclisp
Rookie

yes it is.. not too bothersome.. i dont mess with it much.. im actually starting to use the paddle shifters moe
Old 03-28-06, 07:30 PM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

I only engage Power mode if a potential race is imminent!
Old 03-29-06, 07:06 AM
Wid IS350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Foxberry
I only engage Power mode if a potential race is imminent!
Something about that cyclops thing makes me think you're a knight Rider fan!!!
Old 03-29-06, 08:12 AM
nehal51086
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Today on my long drive to school i played with the power button on my GS (srry, yes i know this is an IS forum) , but does any one know if it makes a difference of when u turn it on, wheater ur at a complete standstill, cruising, or accelerating,.....
Old 03-29-06, 08:14 AM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nehal51086
Today on my long drive to school i played with the power button on my GS (srry, yes i know this is an IS forum) , but does any one know if it makes a difference of when u turn it on, wheater ur at a complete standstill, cruising, or accelerating,.....
I was wondering the same thing. When I was cruising and I hit the button it didn't seem to make much of a difference, but from a standstill I can definitely feel the extra power. Can anyone clarify?
Old 03-29-06, 10:49 AM
ES3
Lexus Champion

When I do it say with cruise control on, it doesn't downshift or anything, I believe that you need to accelerate in order for it to make a difference, after you do, it downshifts, then HOLDS the gear for much longer, in case you need power, before upshifting.
Old 03-29-06, 10:52 AM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ES3
When I do it say with cruise control on, it doesn't downshift or anything, I believe that you need to accelerate in order for it to make a difference, after you do, it downshifts, then HOLDS the gear for much longer, in case you need power, before upshifting.
Oh I wasn't talking about cruise control, just when I'm on the highway at cruising speeds. So basically you're saying that as soon as you hit the ECT button it takes effect immediately?
Old 03-29-06, 11:42 AM
gshb
Lead Lap

yes, it takes effect immediately. if youre cruising and you switch it on you can feel the gas pedal feel a little bit lighter. its a very nice feeling, as if the IS wants you to just mash the thing to the ground....

Quick Reply: ECT PWR button