IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Why no mark levinson and navs in the northeast?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-06, 08:36 AM
carlmock
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why no mark levinson and navs in the northeast?

It appears as if there are no is350's in my area with nav and ML... why? are they going to change this? The two dealers Ive been to have been no help at all..

You would think for a more upscale product they would have a salesman who would know the product.
Old 01-25-06, 08:58 AM
Middleman
Driver School Candidate

It all has to do with dealer allocation. You will have to either search for another region or special order your car. I would the NAV/ML package would be available everywhere since this is a lexus and is supposed to be "luxury". Due to the high demand, the allocations will probably change in the future, but for now it is like it is.
Old 01-25-06, 09:27 AM
Tony1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carlmock
It appears as if there are no is350's in my area with nav and ML... why? are they going to change this? The two dealers Ive been to have been no help at all..

You would think for a more upscale product they would have a salesman who would know the product.

If i could go back in time, i would of called dealerships in Ohio and tryed
to find one with ML there, then just drove the car back to NY.. Take it from me
if you like listening to good music in your car, you'll always regret not getting
the ML,, I do...
Old 01-25-06, 09:34 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 256 Likes on 226 Posts

I'm with Tony1 110%. Not calling dealers out of the region to find a car with Mark Levinson is the biggest regret I have with this purchase. I know others disagree, but in my opinion the stock system lacks punch; adjusting the bass control allows me to choose between too little and too muddy.
Old 01-25-06, 09:49 AM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Bichon
I'm with Tony1 110%. Not calling dealers out of the region to find a car with Mark Levinson is the biggest regret I have with this purchase. I know others disagree, but in my opinion the stock system lacks punch; adjusting the bass control allows me to choose between too little and too muddy.
But, mine is just leased, so that makes me feel a little better. I wonder how much ML would have added to the lease payment...
Old 01-25-06, 10:29 AM
nhawk2
Driver School Candidate

When I picked up my car w/o ML, I asked why they don't get any cars with ML and I was told that the price with NAV and ML would make the price too close to GS
Old 01-25-06, 10:32 AM
Bruinjohn
Driver School Candidate

Would Rockville, MD be considered Northeast? I live in Fort Lauderdale and the southeast region will not have any IS350s with Luxury or Performance Packages with Navi for a long time unless you do the 4 month special order. I scoured the nation for Lux w/ Navi and Longo Lexus out in CA helped me locate the color combo I wanted at Lexus of Rockville. It's kind of funny because I took my friend to JM Lexus here in SoFL to look at the IS250s and the salesperson wanted to see my car with the Lux package because they've never seen one. Anyhow, Lexus of Rockville was very helpful and told me that they also have 1 black/black IS350 w/ Lux, Navi and ML on the lot. They also have a Tungsten Pearl IS350 w/ performance package and Navi. This was only a couple of weeks ago. These are the last two before they get anymore in 4 months. You may want to give them a call and ask for Steve Snyder(sp?).
Old 01-25-06, 10:32 AM
Tony1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nhawk2
When I picked up my car w/o ML, I asked why they don't get any cars with ML and I was told that the price with NAV and ML would make the price too close to GS

Very imaginative of the dealer, but clearly a lie...
Old 01-25-06, 11:10 AM
Lexustom
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was told that the price with NAV and ML would make the price too close to GS
Maybe true. I didn't care. I didn't want a GS. I didn't want a GS even if it was less $ than the fully loaded IS350 I bought. The GS Lexus, both the 300 and the 430 are great cars. BUT, I wanted an IS. That's why I ordered and waited. Now I sit in an IS the way I wanted it. Keep the faith. You will get what you want with some sleuthing and some patience.
Old 01-25-06, 11:14 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 256 Likes on 226 Posts

That doesn't make sense. If it would make the car too close to the price of a GS in the northeast, wouldn't it also be too close to the price of a GS in the midwest and in other regions where the NAV/ML package is offered?
Old 01-25-06, 02:58 PM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default The only Mark Levinson we have just arrived today..

Originally Posted by Bruinjohn
Would Rockville, MD be considered Northeast? I live in Fort Lauderdale and the southeast region will not have any IS350s with Luxury or Performance Packages with Navi for a long time unless you do the 4 month special order. I scoured the nation for Lux w/ Navi and Longo Lexus out in CA helped me locate the color combo I wanted at Lexus of Rockville. It's kind of funny because I took my friend to JM Lexus here in SoFL to look at the IS250s and the salesperson wanted to see my car with the Lux package because they've never seen one. Anyhow, Lexus of Rockville was very helpful and told me that they also have 1 black/black IS350 w/ Lux, Navi and ML on the lot. They also have a Tungsten Pearl IS350 w/ performance package and Navi. This was only a couple of weeks ago. These are the last two before they get anymore in 4 months. You may want to give them a call and ask for Steve Snyder(sp?).
and it is an IS250 AWD 6-Speed Manual. That is the first IS with Mark Levinson we have received. Longo can see on the national computer that we have an inbound IS350 which is true but it's a special order and sold. The IS250 we just received was also a special order that changed so it is available now. There was also a Tungsten IS350 that we special ordered that we traded to get another sold unit. I am now going out to try out the DVD player on the new screen. YESSSS.....

Rock