IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Dealer called...uh oh....

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-06, 02:24 PM
vp911
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer called...uh oh....

ITS HERE! I didn't have to wait several months like many of you - only about a month (still too long!). They had the exact car I wanted (with a couple extra things) on a boat. He said it got here today. Since I don't have a ride tomorrow to go to the dealer (and since they close in 40 minutes) my salesperson was kind enough to offer to pick me up on his way to work.

IS350 Blue Onyx/Black interior, lux package with 18" wheels, navi, ML. I paid extra for them to give me the GS300 17" wheels with blizzaks for the snow. I guess I will go back in a few days to pickup the 18" wheels and tires. I called up my tire guy and ordered Michelin Pilot Sport A/S for the G-spiders I ordered from Sewell. I figured I would rather have all seasons becuase I never know when it will snow around here.

Next week I am having a clearbra installed and I ordered the Blinder M-20 - the dealer has a guy who does installations and is going to install it as well as hardwire the valentine 1.

Old 01-24-06, 02:37 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that's cool..

what is the blinder m20???
Old 01-24-06, 02:40 PM
vp911
Pit Crew

Laser jammer. http://radarbusters.com/products/blinder/default.asp
Old 01-24-06, 02:42 PM
eg6turbo
Rookie

Originally Posted by vp911
ITS HERE! I didn't have to wait several months like many of you - only about a month (still too long!). They had the exact car I wanted (with a couple extra things) on a boat. He said it got here today. Since I don't have a ride tomorrow to go to the dealer (and since they close in 40 minutes) my salesperson was kind enough to offer to pick me up on his way to work.

IS350 Blue Onyx/Black interior, lux package with 18" wheels, navi, ML. I paid extra for them to give me the GS300 17" wheels with blizzaks for the snow. I guess I will go back in a few days to pickup the 18" wheels and tires. I called up my tire guy and ordered Michelin Pilot Sport A/S for the G-spiders I ordered from Sewell. I figured I would rather have all seasons becuase I never know when it will snow around here.

Next week I am having a clearbra installed and I ordered the Blinder M-20 - the dealer has a guy who does installations and is going to install it as well as hardwire the valentine 1.

the michelin pilot sport a/s are great tires, i have them on my 330ci...and lucky for me i waited like a week to get mine in....good luck with everything and of course some pics please!!
Old 01-24-06, 02:45 PM
vp911
Pit Crew

Yep, I had them on the 05' RL I sold last month to buy the IS.

Pics will come when I get the car and can have it clean for a short time. Plenty of pictures - just see how many pictures I took of the RL when I bought it. *Warning Do not click on this link if you do not have a high speed connection* http://rl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=658
Old 01-24-06, 02:49 PM
Langdell
Driver

Congrats, VP! I'm very envious because that car is one I would take in a heartbeat. (It's a little different than the one I have ordered, but close enough that I would have taken it if it was made available.)

Question: Did they tell you it was on the boat and would be here in about a month when you ordered it? Or did they discover that later and then get the car earlier than promised? The reason I ask is that I have stressed to my dealer that I would take a car that is almost the exactly what I special ordered to get it ASAP vs. waiting 3-4 months for the exact special order. But I'm being told that there aren't any in existence that are not already spoken for. I keep hoping that, by some miracle, I am going to get the car sooner than originally promised.
Old 01-24-06, 02:55 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

cool cool.

is this better than the V1??
Old 01-24-06, 02:56 PM
mcfly
Lead Lap

I ordered in mid-January. I'm told March to perhaps April for delivery.... and my car isn't really anything off the hook: SGM/Cashmere/Sport pkg/THE END.

Seems that delivery times vary wildly and aren't so much dependent on what options the car is ordered with.
Old 01-24-06, 03:06 PM
vp911
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Langdell
Congrats, VP! I'm very envious because that car is one I would take in a heartbeat. (It's a little different than the one I have ordered, but close enough that I would have taken it if it was made available.)

Question: Did they tell you it was on the boat and would be here in about a month when you ordered it? Or did they discover that later and then get the car earlier than promised? The reason I ask is that I have stressed to my dealer that I would take a car that is almost the exactly what I special ordered to get it ASAP vs. waiting 3-4 months for the exact special order. But I'm being told that there aren't any in existence that are not already spoken for. I keep hoping that, by some miracle, I am going to get the car sooner than originally promised.
Thanks

He told me he was not willing to order one and make me wait. After I agreed to the price he called me the next day to tell me that it was on a boat already. At the same time he told me that it was coming with the spoiler and all season mats. He said he would not charge me any extra because we had agreed on a price and that I had asked him to find a few hundred more in a discount. I was planning on adding the spoiler and mats later, so it worked out well.

Good luck with finding yours sooner
Old 01-24-06, 03:07 PM
vp911
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by shaolin
cool cool.

is this better than the V1??
The V1 is a radar and laser detector. The blinder is a laser jammer. Once a cop shoots your car with the laser gun, he has your speed instantly. You don't get warning to slow down. With a laser jammer, it will jam the signal and you have a chance to slow down then turn it off. If you do this, he can then get a speed on your car that is close to speed limit.
Old 01-24-06, 03:11 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

The V1 is a radar and laser detector. The blinder is a laser jammer. Once a cop shoots your car with the laser gun, he has your speed instantly. You don't get warning to slow down. With a laser jammer, it will jam the signal and you have a chance to slow down then turn it off. If you do this, he can then get a speed on your car that is close to speed limit.
sounds like this is illegal to have

but not every cop uses laser, right??
Old 01-24-06, 03:13 PM
vp911
Pit Crew

Depends on the area, but some areas use only laser and some don't use it at all. It is illegal in D.C. and VA. Most places have not outlawed them, yet.
Old 01-24-06, 03:57 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Problem is the blinder doesn't always work. Some lasers are better than the blinder and will not be jammed by the blinder at close range. I rarely see laser (maybe once a month) so it's not worth it for most people who don't encounter it alot. Laser jamming is not illegal yet so get it while you can. OTOH radar jamming is illegal in nearly all states.

I thought this was funny, after you jam the cop's laser: "Therefore turn off the BLINDER within a few seconds, and nobody will suspect that something is wrong!"
Old 01-24-06, 04:19 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Jesus!! How many pics of the RL did you take!!?? Cable connection can't even view that.

Congrats on the car. Can't wait to see that many detailed pics of your IS.
Old 01-24-06, 04:22 PM
Kermee
Lead Lap

Blinder M20 and the "knock-off" version of it, the Laser Mimic are fairly effective beyond 1000 feet. If you look at some of the tests out there, the Blinder M20 and the Laser Mimic are "iffy" once you're in the 500 feet range with certain lidar guns.

Note that many law-enforcement around the country are heavily "suggested" to get your speed reading once you're under 750 feet from the lidar gun. (If there are any LEO's on this board, please correct me if I'm wrong).

I get hit with laser about twice a month here in Seattle. Usually WSP. My V1 picks up the spray (and yes, lidar does "spray"), and 70% of the time when my V1 legitimately goes off, the gun is actually targetted at someone else and the cop is trying to shoot a preliminary beam at 1000+ feet. (Use your rusty trig. math and figure out how much a cop can deviate in degrees to a target 1000-2000 feet away and hit the area of a license plate or headlight). Course, now the newer lidar guns have shoulder harnasses to keep it more steady...

Cheers,
Kermee

Quick Reply: Dealer called...uh oh....