IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Anyone get the "clear bra" installed?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-06, 10:02 AM
tjp
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone get the "clear bra" installed?

I just took delivery of my IS350 last Thursday. Since it's black I decided to get the "Clear Armor" . I'm bringing the car down to the dealer this Tuesday to get it installed. I don't know if all the Lexus dealers call it Clear Armor, but that's what they call it here. I have seen it installed on a Porsche Carrera that is also black and it wasn't bad. You have to walk up to the car and get close, and even then you only see the seam where the vinyl ends.

I'm just curious on how it holds up over the years.
Old 01-22-06, 03:17 PM
ahohnstein
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tjp
I just took delivery of my IS350 last Thursday. Since it's black I decided to get the "Clear Armor" . I'm bringing the car down to the dealer this Tuesday to get it installed. I don't know if all the Lexus dealers call it Clear Armor, but that's what they call it here. I have seen it installed on a Porsche Carrera that is also black and it wasn't bad. You have to walk up to the car and get close, and even then you only see the seam where the vinyl ends.

Well, I've had mine installed 4 times now (do a seach for the thread to see my nightmare) by the dealer. I still have some spots that they're going to have to do something about. Since you're in CA I'd suggest having Premier Mobile do it. They're HIGHLY recommended and it should be pretty easy to contact them and have them install. They use a better film that the dealer typically uses. They'll do it cheaper than the dealer would also. Anywho, either way I hope it turns out well. Please post some pictures, tell us what was covered and what price you paid.
Old 01-22-06, 04:00 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by tjp

The clear bra market is very saturated. There are different installers that use different brand films. True not all clear bra installers are equal..as well as films. Aerotect is highly recommended here on CL...as myself and majority of the other CL Moderators and Administrators can vouch for their services. But whatever company you go with, make sure you will be satisfied by the work and ask for some references to see the quality of their install jobs.