IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Anyone figure out how to turn off seatbelt warning bell

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-06, 09:39 AM
ahohnstein
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone figure out how to turn off seatbelt warning bell

Has anyone figured out how to do this yet. I drive w/ my seatbelt on. Typically I'm halfway down the street before I get it on and the bell is driving me nuts. It's actually pretty darn loud. If anyone has found a way to turn off the AUDIBLE please let us know. And please... no retarded flames about why would I want to turn off a valuable safety feature. Of course, having said that, the first reply is probably going to be one.
Old 01-20-06, 09:45 AM
Cypren
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please remember to use the forum search feature if you have a question -- chances are, someone else has had it, too.

A quick search for "seatbelt alarm" here turned up this post with instructions for the Toyota Matrix, which the immediate followup post says worked on an IS250 as well. Good luck!
Old 01-20-06, 09:45 AM
muzzman1
Driver

Im going to prove you wrong, and just answer the question the best I can. I am also interested in the same "mod' for the passenger side. i have friends that HATE to wear a belt, they are all adults and can decide wheter they want to live or die on thier own....having said that...
.....I would like to know if anyone has downloaded the schematic for that ? Unfortunatly in the time I had access to he techinfo site, I did not....all I was interested in the time was the NAV wiring....
....I believe it will just be a wire that we can send to ground to disable it.....
Old 01-20-06, 09:47 AM
muzzman1
Driver

Originally Posted by Cypren
Please remember to use the forum search feature if you have a question -- chances are, someone else has had it, too.

A quick search for "seatbelt alarm" here turned up this post with instructions for the Toyota Matrix, which the immediate followup post says worked on an IS250 as well. Good luck!

I was posting the same time as you! That's a great find...hopefully it will work... Ill try it later today and post results unless someone gets to it before I do...!
Old 01-20-06, 10:03 AM
mofogasm
Pole Position

it works i have it done on my car. 12 seconds really does mean more like 30.
Old 01-20-06, 10:04 AM
RA010324
Driver

Originally Posted by ahohnstein
Has anyone figured out how to do this yet. I drive w/ my seatbelt on. Typically I'm halfway down the street before I get it on and the bell is driving me nuts. It's actually pretty darn loud. If anyone has found a way to turn off the AUDIBLE please let us know. And please... no retarded flames about why would I want to turn off a valuable safety feature. Of course, having said that, the first reply is probably going to be one.

why wouldn't you just put your seatbelt on BEFORE you take off??? I'm sure that's much easier than trying to disable the electronics. It's not like takes any more than 1/2 a second to do.....
Old 01-20-06, 10:22 AM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Low J.
why wouldn't you just put your seatbelt on BEFORE you take off??? I'm sure that's much easier than trying to disable the electronics. It's not like takes any more than 1/2 a second to do.....
The question was, does anybody know how to disable the chime, NOT can anybody give a sanctimonious answer to a question that was NOT asked. Didn't you get that???

Here's the answer, I just tested it and it worked!

Originally Posted by terenshi
1. turn the key to the ON position which means pressing the start button twice on the new IS since it doesn't has the key, foot off the brake
2. Press the trip reset button couple of times until the ODO is displayed (not trip A or B)
3. turn the ignition to the LOCK (OFF) position
4. unbuckle the driver's seatbelt if it was buckled.
5. turn the key to the ON position again press the start button twice. when the dash lights comes on, press and hold the trip reset button and count a slow 12 seconds. (editor's note, hold it more like 30 sec)
6. while still holding the trip reset button, buckle the driver's side seatbelt.
7.and the odometer display should read "b ON" or "b OFF". toggle the beep OFF with the trip reset.
8. the process should be completed when you unbuckle or turn the key off.

Last edited by dkaplan435; 01-20-06 at 11:04 AM.
Old 01-20-06, 10:22 AM
Kermee
Lead Lap

The instructions for the Toyota Matrix works perfectly fine for the IS 250/350's. I turned them off weeks ago.

I turned mine off because I usually pull off my seatbelt once I turn into my development. And yes, please use the "Search" feature before posting. Like Cypren said, it's more than likely someone has already asked your question and someone has answered it.

Enjoy the silence.

Cheers,
Kermee
Old 01-20-06, 10:26 AM
mcfly
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dkaplan435
The question was, does anybody know how to disable the chime, NOT can anybody give a santimonious answer to a question that was NOT asked. Didn't you get that???
Spelling police alert:

sanc·ti·mo·ni·ous
Old 01-20-06, 11:04 AM
Cypren
Driver

Just to note, one very legitimate reason you may wish to turn off a seatbelt warning bell is if, like me, you often set a heavy backpack or other such things in your passenger seat while driving. Anything over about 30 lbs. is heavy enough to trip the passenger weight sensors and, as the item shifts in the seat, continually trigger and release them, so the warning alarm never actually stops going off.
Old 01-20-06, 11:26 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Cypren
Just to note, one very legitimate reason you may wish to turn off a seatbelt warning bell is if, like me, you often set a heavy backpack or other such things in your passenger seat while driving. Anything over about 30 lbs. is heavy enough to trip the passenger weight sensors and, as the item shifts in the seat, continually trigger and release them, so the warning alarm never actually stops going off.
If the item is that heavy and shifting, you should probably strap it in (and solve two problems).
Old 01-20-06, 11:56 AM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Originally Posted by TimboIS
If the item is that heavy and shifting, you should probably strap it in (and solve two problems).
Once again, a NON relevant answer. Is it so hard to not post a response to a question if you don't have anything to contribute?

Between the answers to questions that were NOT asked and the "spelling police" a rather large % of the posts are a total waste of bandwidth.

The question was "how can I disable the seat belt chime" NOT should I strap an item down, or should I put my seatbelt on before I take off or should I learn how to spell....
Old 01-20-06, 11:56 AM
Chi-town
Pole Position

The question was, does anybody know how to disable the chime, NOT can anybody give a sanctimonious answer to a question that was NOT asked. Didn't you get that???

Here's the answer, I just tested it and it worked!
Is this a one time deal or does this have to be done every time???
Old 01-20-06, 12:00 PM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Originally Posted by Chi-town
Is this a one time deal or does this have to be done every time???
I just drove around the parking lot, and the chimes are still off!!
Old 01-20-06, 12:14 PM
Chi-town
Pole Position

I just drove around the parking lot, and the chimes are still off!!
Does this effect both passenger and driver?

Quick Reply: Anyone figure out how to turn off seatbelt warning bell