IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Clear Bra

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-06, 11:31 AM
13tre
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clear Bra

I would like to get a clear bra installed soon.
I see that Aero Tect comes highly recommended but it is a little to far for me to get out there.
Does anyone know any good shops around the south bay, long beach, san fernando valley or the los angeles area.
I live in the south bay and work in west los angeles if this helps.
Thanks
Old 01-19-06, 01:04 PM
NjDude
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

For those of you who have/are looking for Clear Bra, can you advise what make (3M etc.) did you chose and were you happy with the results. How much did it cost. Looking on like is see regular kits and extended kits. I was wondering if entire hood and fender can be covered, plus the head lights and fog lights.

Thanks.

http://www.invisiblemask.com/cgi-bin...=23&model=1375
Old 01-19-06, 05:22 PM
xKRISx
Driver School Candidate

i peruse fchat because it's my dream car. i've heard of clear bra installs by Envisage Design L...something (EDL) a local to the LA area and Premier a company that seems to work up and down CA. from the pics that they posted it looks good. they've got lots of testimonials but i suppose the proof is in the pudding. you would probably need to talk to the guys who have had it done to their cars. i'd advise doing some research tho kuz there are a lot of different films that protect more or less and some that are more clear than others. i've been researching this stuff myself lately and if someone can point me to an all incompassing site that tells about this stuff that would be great. from what i can tell clear bras seem to start around $450 and run to to $10k!! i read about a guy who did his whole car. i thought i loved cars but whoa!! let me know what you find as you continue your research kuz i want the best for my next car.
Old 01-20-06, 05:56 AM
NjDude
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you very much for your feed back. Now the next question would be for a recommendation/advise for a shop that would/does handle this in North New Jersey.
Old 01-20-06, 08:53 PM
DRIVEN1
Driver

I have a new IS350 and I just had the 3M product installed. They did an awesome job. Install took about 2 hours and cost me $350 for the entire front end and side mirrors. This price is supposedly wholesale. They said normal price was $499. I paid an additional $100 and had them do the side skirts all the way back. I intend on putting a wider front tire on so I planned ahead.

Go with the 3M product. You will be happy!
Old 01-20-06, 11:56 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by 13tre
I would like to get a clear bra installed soon.
I see that Aero Tect comes highly recommended but it is a little to far for me to get out there.
Does anyone know any good shops around the south bay, long beach, san fernando valley or the los angeles area.
I live in the south bay and work in west los angeles if this helps.
Thanks
You can check with Aerotect directly to see if they can work out a mobile job for you. They did mainly start as a mobile company all over Southern California. Plus you don't have to wait several weeks to get it done.
Old 01-21-06, 08:47 AM
Jhoo
Rookie

several weeks? I read above that he could have it done this weekend if he cared to.