IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

PICS...IS350 on 20x8.5 and 20x10 rims !

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-06, 03:52 PM
RA010324
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by unit74
I guess I'm the only one who thinks they look ghetto-fabulous........

lol......not the only one.........the whistles go wooo WOOOO!!!
Old 01-13-06, 03:56 PM
tim817
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pocky
Wow! VERY nice! I like them! Please post more pics!

Man...Is everyone just scooping up 20's for their IS's?!
Here is some more. The lips on the front wheels are 2.75 inches, can't believe it. The rear are 3 1/4 inch lips. Here the pic of the front wheel.

damn, i need to clean up my garage..

Old 01-13-06, 04:31 PM
unit74
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Low J.
lol......not the only one.........the whistles go wooo WOOOO!!!

Shouldn't you be early in da mornin cookin breakfast?
Old 01-13-06, 04:58 PM
tim817
Intermediate

Unit 74 and Low.j, thank you for the honest comment on the rims. I lke the rims because they are great for the money. I'm still searching for the perfect one for this car.
Please tell me, is that the design of the rims that you guys don't like. Or because they're chrome or just because they're not a big name brand like HREs, Iforge, Work....
Old 01-13-06, 05:52 PM
Alex350
Lexus Test Driver

Smile

I LOVE the rims I think they look good and all you need now is a drop. Tein USA sent me an e-mail the other day telling me that they don't have a release day yet for their IS suspension. They said that they are currently doing test drives, weight tests, etc. to correct any problems before releasing it. If I were you I would definitely go with these guys. You can also get Eibach's suspension which is tentatively scheduled to be released at the end of this month.

I would have probably gone with a lower profile tire, a 30 instead of a 35, but then again I haven't done that much research with the IS's tire/wheel sizes. I'm just telling you out of personal experience with my other car....but that's another story.

People will always have different opinions about things, so who cares if the rims look "ghetto" to some people, the important thing is that you like them and you feel happy with the purchase.
Old 01-13-06, 06:35 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

Nice I don't think it looks ghetto at all, chrome actually goes well with white cars.
Old 01-13-06, 07:44 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, that is very nice! I'm usually not a chrome man at all. But it really goes nicely with Crystal White. Good job! More pics.
Old 01-13-06, 07:54 PM
Chi-town
Pole Position

Sweet! Is you IS sport or regular? The ride height looks fine to me...maybe because your parked on a decline. Those rims look good, good job!
Old 01-13-06, 09:08 PM
CodyLexus
Driver

I too am also not too much of a fan for the chrome wheels, BUT, I guess it depends on the design itself and those rims are impressive. Also don't think you need to lower the car. 20s actually fill the wells out pretty good. Could you also explain how you got more than 1 image loaded?
Old 01-13-06, 09:52 PM
DallasLex
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tim817
I notice that i have a lil rub inside the front wheelwell when i make a hard turn. I was aware of that problem thou. I wanted +38 offset but they only have +40 on that rims. Plus i rather have a lil rub on the inside than having rub on the outside of the fender and wheels sticking out. These rims i plan to have it for a year or two just to test with the car being drop soon. Later i'll get a nice perfect one for this car.
Just wondering how much of a drop you're talking? The car looks perfect now. Wouldn't there be rubbing issues with a drop?
Old 01-13-06, 10:15 PM
tim817
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DallasLex
Just wondering how much of a drop you're talking? The car looks perfect now. Wouldn't there be rubbing issues with a drop?
I'm thinking to get Eibach 1 inch drop all around. I don't want to go any lower than that and still have the almost stock ride plus my tire setup fill the fender gap pretty good.
With this offset and tire set up I think there might be a slight rubbing or maybe no rub at all on the rear once it drop. But that will be resolved quickly by using a liltle fender triming.

Last edited by tim817; 01-13-06 at 10:38 PM.
Old 01-13-06, 10:41 PM
IS_250
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

now that you have the wheels on do you think that you could have run a lower offset front and rear? does it look like there is room?
Old 01-13-06, 10:54 PM
tim817
Intermediate

Originally Posted by IS_250
now that you have the wheels on do you think that you could have run a lower offset front and rear? does it look like there is room?
The offset i would want to have for these are the front offset to go from +40 to a +37, +38 or maybe down to +35 if it's drop.
On the rear i would think +45 will be good with the drop with no rubbings if drop. I don't have any rubbings at all on the rear now. I tested all morning by driving around with 4 of my stock tires and rims inside the car and a friend through dips to see if they'll rub but it turn out no rubbing on the rear.
I have an idea to eliminate the slight rubbing inside the wheelwell on the front, i'll post it to share if they would work.
Old 01-13-06, 11:02 PM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

my honest opinion is that they look alright, but I would not get them. I think 20s are too big for the IS. But good for you
Old 01-14-06, 09:02 AM
unit74
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tim817
Unit 74 and Low.j, thank you for the honest comment on the rims. I lke the rims because they are great for the money. I'm still searching for the perfect one for this car.
Please tell me, is that the design of the rims that you guys don't like. Or because they're chrome or just because they're not a big name brand like HREs, Iforge, Work....

I don't know HKS from HRE's or WD40's.........

Here in Socal, the guys driving rims like that usually have Chrysler 300's, Dodge Magnums and have platinum teeth.

The Lexus does not have the chrome accents that would make the rims melt into the stylelines of the car. They stand out way to much, as if your begging to bystanders... "Look at Me! Look at my rims!! " ala gheto rides.

Since the IS is supposed to be a sports oriented car, and you slapped on those heavy rims, I'm sure that the steering response feels sluggish and your suspension is muffled from the unsprung weight of them. But if your not a performance driver, then the affects would melt away with only a little city driving and you'll never know the difference.

Quick Reply: PICS...IS350 on 20x8.5 and 20x10 rims !