Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

The mother of all 2IS car cover threads (merged discussion)

Old 11-15-05, 01:04 PM   #1
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)

Default The mother of all 2IS car cover threads (merged discussion)

Can anyone recommend a good car cover? My car is garaged, but I still want to use a cover for protection against dust, drips from the ceiling, etc. I definitely want one that won't scratch the paint. One problem is that this car is so new, most car cover sites on the web don't even have it listed yet, so I'm not sure how to get one that fits. Do you think if I got an ES 330 cover, it would work?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
diablo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-05, 02:04 PM   #2
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Trader Score: (2)

profile.php?id=100001050339562 @DaveGS4 DaveGS4 The Real DaveGS4

I'd recommend calling Sewell Lexus or Carson Toyota to find out if anything is in the works.... recommend waiting until you can get a fitted cover, it makes a big difference.

I have both a NOAH cover and an OEM Lexus cover for my GS, both are great. I use the OEM Lexus one more often as I don't (but should) cover my GS in the garage at home.

*** Click image for team info! ***

LS430 Ultra * PCS * ML * Rear Fridge * Massaging and Reclining Rear Seats * Vaistech SL-I * Coastal Lockpick

Tundra SR5 5.7 and BMW E36 M3/4 track car (wife's)

** Want to put your PC to good use every night?** Click here to join the Club Lexus Folding Team and help find a cure for cancer and other diseases. May the force be with you.
DaveGS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-05, 03:34 PM   #3
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

My local dealer said they can sell me the Lexus brand cover for $395, but that seems really expensive, especially since I'm not really using it to protect against weather. The dust-cover type covers are available online for more like $60-75. I don't think I especially need a custom cover fitted to this car - as long as it's more or less the right size, I think I'd be happy.
Old 11-15-05, 03:58 PM   #4
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

My advice is not to go with the budget car covers... get something that isn't going to cause hairline scratches in your finish. Stick with a name brand unless you have somebody you trust that recommends an inexpensive option.

I think Steve Ganz / Carson Toyota sells the OEM one for much less than that. Advantage of being a CL member

LS430 Ultra * PCS * ML * Rear Fridge * Massaging and Reclining Rear Seats * Vaistech SL-I * Coastal Lockpick

** Want to put your PC to good use every night?** Click here to join the Club Lexus Folding Team and help find a cure for cancer and other diseases. May the force be with you.
Old 11-15-05, 04:18 PM   #5
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Do you know how I could get in touch with him?
Old 11-15-05, 04:20 PM   #6
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

PM here on this forum screen name 'Supratrd'. I asked him to add the car cover to the post of JDM items he's getting, so you might wait for that - think your question may be answered.

Old 11-15-05, 04:24 PM   #7
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Cool, thanks!
Old 01-12-06, 03:32 PM   #8
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Default car cover (again)?

I asked a few months ago if anyone had found a third-party car cover for the IS, and no one really had. Has anyone now? I know Lexus has one, but it's crazy expensive. I was looking for one in the $100-150 range at most. Thanks!
HAVE: 2014 Maserati Ghibli S Q4: grigio metallo, black leather/gray Alcantara headliner, 19" Proteo Sport wheels, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires, red brake calipers, radica open-pore matte wood trim, premium package, premium sound

HAD: 2009 Audi S5: meteor gray/silver Alcantara/black leather, Tiptronic, nav, tech package, B&O stereo, stainless steel trim
HAD: 2006 IS350: Tungsten Pearl/black, sport package, nav, park assist, headlamp washers, illuminated scuff plates, Solar Gard 54% tint
Old 01-13-06, 11:46 AM   #9
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Default Cover for the IS

I'd imagine that a few of the car cover online sites have them by now. You can probably get a nice NOAH cover for it in the price range you stated. I have the Lexus cover for my GS and wasn't totally thrilled with it - if my car was outside then I'd be more concerned, but since it is garaged the Lexus cover is sufficient.
Johnny Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-06, 12:14 PM   #10
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Mo
I'd imagine that a few of the car cover online sites have them by now. You can probably get a nice NOAH cover for it in the price range you stated. I have the Lexus cover for my GS and wasn't totally thrilled with it - if my car was outside then I'd be more concerned, but since it is garaged the Lexus cover is sufficient.
Noah is made by the same company as the one I was looking at - I wanted the Evolution 4, and both are made by Covercraft. They will not have any availability for at least one month. So annoying!
HAVE: 2014 Maserati Ghibli S Q4: grigio metallo, black leather/gray Alcantara headliner, 19" Proteo Sport wheels, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires, red brake calipers, radica open-pore matte wood trim, premium package, premium sound

HAD: 2009 Audi S5: meteor gray/silver Alcantara/black leather, Tiptronic, nav, tech package, B&O stereo, stainless steel trim
HAD: 2006 IS350: Tungsten Pearl/black, sport package, nav, park assist, headlamp washers, illuminated scuff plates, Solar Gard 54% tint
Old 02-09-06, 06:13 AM   #11
bagwell
Lexus Fanatic

Default can someone do a search for CAR COVER???

I've tried multiple times to search this forum for CAR COVER and nothing comes up...the site just stops....or page cannot be displayed.

can someone do the search and and post the web address here please?

or at least try it and see if this happens to you.
bagwell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-06, 07:08 AM   #12
Tony1
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagwell
I've tried multiple times to search this forum for CAR COVER and nothing comes up...the site just stops....or page cannot be displayed.

can someone do the search and and post the web address here please?

or at least try it and see if this happens to you.

Why don't you just get a universal car cover, they're much cheaper..
Old 02-09-06, 07:35 AM   #13
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Weird, it wouldn't work for me either... Funny enough, I just ordered a custom car cover today. They are finally available on a few websites. I really didn't want to order the Lexus OEM one, which is $250-300+ depending on what dealership you ask...
Old 02-09-06, 07:36 AM   #14
bagwell
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo1
Weird, it wouldn't work for me either... Funny enough, I just ordered a custom car cover today. They are finally available on a few websites. I really didn't want to order the Lexus OEM one, which is $250-300+ depending on what dealership you ask...
where did you order it from? how much?

edit: autoanything.com evo 4 $163

Last edited by bagwell; 02-09-06 at 08:00 AM..
Old 02-09-06, 07:37 AM   #15
bagwell
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1
Why don't you just get a universal car cover, they're much cheaper..
I like the custom fit....they stay on the car MUCH better than universal ones.
Old 02-09-06, 07:37 AM