IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Do not buy car from Casey Jones

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-06, 11:21 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Do not buy car from Casey Jones

we've bought 3 cars from him last month. when we brough our friend to buy a car from him, he said that he'll give us 100 dollars for referral and the next thing... he got fired. i've called him after and he've pick up his phone once. after that he never pick up the phone. today i've call him again and some other guy (i assumed it's his friend) saying that i got wrong number. he was working at Tustin Lexus down in southern CA. his cell phone area code starts at 760. last i heard from him is that he said he's going back to mission viejo Lexus. it's not really the money issue. it was our fault at the moment we didn't pick it up from him cuz he said he'll pay us when he get pay. who knows he got fired??? if you guys ever going to send a refferal please get your money on the spot. don't be like my girl and i, straight up believing him and get screwed over. i not going to let him go back to any of the Lexus for sure. i will hunt him down just for the 100 bucks, and for my pride.
Old 01-05-06, 12:02 AM
ACS_Ken
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn sorry to hear that, what a POS !!!! hope u find his sorry ***.
And when u do and he refuses to pay up, imagine the nice conversation u can have with his new GM. Im sure casey would love that!
Old 01-05-06, 01:23 AM
Domo-Kun
Rookie

Yeah, sorry to hear that. Tustin Lexus is a pretty miserable dealer. Their slogan is "Right from the Start" it but it should be:

Right from the Start, It's Wrong!

Mission Viejo is no better. They seem to be a smaller dealer and the sales folks are a bunch of gypsy grifters.

I was there talking to them about trading in a my ride and getting a new IS350 about 2 weeks ago. My buddy bought his one month ago for $1000 over invoice at Mission Viejo and the gal I talked to flat out says to me. "That's impossible, no one is selling it at that price."

I'm thinking, I saw his sales contract, do you want me to bring him in with me and you guys can look up the sales order? She of course then turns around and says: "Well we may be able to do something but don't expect to get anything better than $1200 off of MSRP."

If I was some 16 year old viet gangster from Stanton, I could understand, but I'm 33 and the way Mission Viejo was treating me was ridiculous. This would be my 3rd Lexus too, that I am purchasing new.

By far the most decent dealer in OC, I thought was Westminster, no stress sales and got to drive the IS for more than 4 right turns around the block.
Old 01-05-06, 06:11 AM
dennis250
Driver

Originally Posted by shaolin
Do not buy from Casey Jones
Driving that train, high on cocaine,
Casey jones is ready, watch your speed.
Trouble ahead, trouble behind,
And you know that notion just crossed my mind....

sorry, couldn't resist a little Dead.
Old 01-05-06, 08:51 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rpwsrw
I don't know how long it's been since you bought your cars, but when I sell a car that is a referral I put the check request in the deal. So once it's booked the check gets cut and goes out to the customer. It takes about 10 days or so for the customer to get their referral check. I also don't "advertise" that I do this. I want customers sent to me because of my reputation not $100. If it's only been a few days, I would wait a little more before you get to worked up.
i bought my first purchase a month ago. after that we got 2 more in 3 weeks.

last week we took a friend to him and got another one. so that's 4 cars. who knows he got first justfew days ago.

we should of got the 100 up front and he should of prepared the 100 no matter what. i gaurantee to bring a customer and it was a deal, he should of prepared that 100.
Old 01-05-06, 08:56 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Domo-Kun
Yeah, sorry to hear that. Tustin Lexus is a pretty miserable dealer. Their slogan is "Right from the Start" it but it should be:

Right from the Start, It's Wrong!

Mission Viejo is no better. They seem to be a smaller dealer and the sales folks are a bunch of gypsy grifters.

I was there talking to them about trading in a my ride and getting a new IS350 about 2 weeks ago. My buddy bought his one month ago for $1000 over invoice at Mission Viejo and the gal I talked to flat out says to me. "That's impossible, no one is selling it at that price."

I'm thinking, I saw his sales contract, do you want me to bring him in with me and you guys can look up the sales order? She of course then turns around and says: "Well we may be able to do something but don't expect to get anything better than $1200 off of MSRP."

If I was some 16 year old viet gangster from Stanton, I could understand, but I'm 33 and the way Mission Viejo was treating me was ridiculous. This would be my 3rd Lexus too, that I am purchasing new.

By far the most decent dealer in OC, I thought was Westminster, no stress sales and got to drive the IS for more than 4 right turns around the block.

yea, westminster is nice. i went to Longo, Tustin, and westminster and both longo and westminster at the end cannot beat the price that tustin offered.
Old 01-05-06, 09:45 AM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Tustin Lexus is the worst dealer.

I had 3 bad experiences with them and never going back again!
Old 01-05-06, 10:27 AM
IS_250
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Also keep in mind that the dealer could be the ones paying the referals. My brother works for an Acura dealership here and they pay refferals from the dealership funds and not from the salesperson. Regardless either the dealership or salesman should give you something for bringing them 4 customers.
Old 01-05-06, 11:01 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IS_250
Also keep in mind that the dealer could be the ones paying the referals. My brother works for an Acura dealership here and they pay refferals from the dealership funds and not from the salesperson. Regardless either the dealership or salesman should give you something for bringing them 4 customers.
this is what the manager said.. '' the 100 dollars deal is just between me and the salesperson.. but what he can do is that the next car that i referral he'll give me 200."

why can't they just give me the 100 now?? what a bastard.
Old 01-05-06, 01:24 PM
the lndr
Driver

that sucks! I hope Casey sees this Thread!
Old 01-05-06, 02:02 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Shaolin,
Instead of wasting your time and energy hunting down this Casey person, why don't you try going to a sales manager at Tustin and explain the situation? I'm sure you have better ways of spending your time right? Tell Tustin you bought a car and how many referrals you have sent them. Also mention you are a loyal customer and what happened with Casey. They won't give you the money, but ask if they can comp some services for you or something. This way a negative will hopefully turn into a positive. Good luck.
Old 01-05-06, 03:50 PM
Domo-Kun
Rookie

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
Shaolin,
Instead of wasting your time and energy hunting down this Casey person, why don't you try going to a sales manager at Tustin and explain the situation? I'm sure you have better ways of spending your time right? Tell Tustin you bought a car and how many referrals you have sent them. Also mention you are a loyal customer and what happened with Casey. They won't give you the money, but ask if they can comp some services for you or something. This way a negative will hopefully turn into a positive. Good luck.

If only, Tustin Lexus actually gave a crap about it's customers. It's good to vent here on clublexus, but I agree, Shaolin should take to the management at Tustin Lexus. Unfortunately, from my past experience with them. They really don't give a rat's *** after the sale and once you have already filled out their CSI survey.

O/T but I had 5 radios replaced underwarranty in the first 6 months of owning my 01 IS back in the day and was frustrated and asked the service manager at Tustin Lexus, (some goofball bro who was more interested in the NFL than his service dept) when his "damn dealer will get a non defective unit from fujitsu-10!?"

This guy turns around and says: "I'm a Christian and offended that you took the lords name in vain!" Pretty unbelieveable! Two minutes later he turns to his service advisor and says verbatum: "Did you see the god damn Broncos game, WTF? The POS receiver was an idiot, etc, etc."

Yeah Mr. Service Manager: Pot meet mister Kettle: Black.
Old 01-05-06, 09:31 PM
Lexustom
Advanced

Gotta put in my .02 cents worth. Tustin Lexus was the only dealer that really made any attempt at all to understand that I wanted a 350 with ALL the stuff. ML/NAV, PCS, etc. They actually listened and said "Yes, we hear you and will get for you what you want." I can't begin to tell you the inane comments the dealers made and the crazy dialogue that went on between me and Longo, Westminster and Cerritos. 'Course the car ain't here yet so we'll see. But as of today, I think the choice will work for me.
Old 01-05-06, 09:38 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
Shaolin,
they say they'll give me additional 100 on next referral.... but what if i don't
Old 01-05-06, 09:40 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lexustom
Gotta put in my .02 cents worth. Tustin Lexus was the only dealer that really made any attempt at all to understand that I wanted a 350 with ALL the stuff. ML/NAV, PCS, etc. They actually listened and said "Yes, we hear you and will get for you what you want." I can't begin to tell you the inane comments the dealers made and the crazy dialogue that went on between me and Longo, Westminster and Cerritos. 'Course the car ain't here yet so we'll see. But as of today, I think the choice will work for me.
if you ever decide to go tustin to buy the car, let me know so maybe ic an get my referral.

after that we go eat big dinner.

Quick Reply: Do not buy car from Casey Jones