Navigation Hack DIY Part One - Enable DVD, Phonebook & MP3 Folder While Moving

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-11, 11:10 PM
Cobra611
Pit Crew

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mingo209
What does ML stands for? sorry i'm a noob..haha
Mark Levinson...the REAL Premium system!
Old 09-29-11, 11:16 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Mingo209
What does ML stands for? sorry i'm a noob..haha
Mark Levinson, audio system.
Old 09-30-11, 04:57 AM
APynckel
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would be nice to integrate a USB device (removable media) so that I can store [rewriteable] music digitally and not have to use an analog medium to play them through my stereo. Also, if the navi screen could make use of a linux based low profile OS so that a file structure could be navigated through a formatted device (ex. android phone) via that USB connection.
Old 10-02-11, 09:44 PM
Mingo209
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok thanks guys
Old 10-03-11, 09:51 AM
wujo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by HAiS250
After you do this hack, does your NAVI talk to you like, "turn left"

I found out today that my car doesn't do that anymore. Maybe its the setting?
Hey, when you set your Navi, do you get the arrows on the map now and no turn by turn direction? When I did this, I cut the white / gray wire instead of the white / black wire, causing the navigation to think that it was not in motion causing it to just update it's location based on the GPS, but the navigation system though that the car was stationary.

What I did, was attached the white / gray wire together and cut the correct wire - white / black (this might be reversed, I'm just thinking off of the top of my head). You may have done the same thing.

Hope that helps!
Old 10-03-11, 08:26 PM
HAiS250
Pole Position

Originally Posted by wujo
Hey, when you set your Navi, do you get the arrows on the map now and no turn by turn direction? When I did this, I cut the white / gray wire instead of the white / black wire, causing the navigation to think that it was not in motion causing it to just update it's location based on the GPS, but the navigation system though that the car was stationary.

What I did, was attached the white / gray wire together and cut the correct wire - white / black (this might be reversed, I'm just thinking off of the top of my head). You may have done the same thing.

Hope that helps!
Yes, I do get the blue arrow and the highlighted route but doesn't give me turn by turn direction. I'll try to the white/black wire and see what happens. By the way, is it in the same connector/harness? Thanks

Last edited by HAiS250; 10-03-11 at 08:29 PM.
Old 10-10-11, 10:33 AM
wujo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by HAiS250
Yes, I do get the blue arrow and the highlighted route but doesn't give me turn by turn direction. I'll try to the white/black wire and see what happens. By the way, is it in the same connector/harness? Thanks
Yes, it's on the harness where you cut the other wire. If you cut the wrong one, you'll get the arrows, but no turn by turn. The GPS knows that you are moving on the path, but the Navigation system doesn't know that the car is moving. The GPS is updating the location, but the Navigation thinks that you are standing still.

When the system is working correctly, once you get on the blue path, the blue arrows will go away and the turn by turn will activate. If you are able to input a location while you are moving, that's an indication that you cut the wrong wire (unless you did the other hack).
Old 10-10-11, 01:05 PM
TaxIS
Driver School Candidate

hello
I'm a new member from right now, but a ghost reader since 2 weeks now. I've read all posts on this thread during this time....Thanks to you all I'm now the owner of an IS220D (ML on board,year 2006) which allows me to use the phone menu while driving and allows my customers to entertain them with movies (quite usefull when you drive young children...). As I'm taxi, you can easily understand how gratefull I'm with you for making operational these 2 functions while moving!
So once again many thanks to Muzzman1, Lexus_X_2, Tim917, Technique, Kris from Belgium (page40 of this thread),toyota for this public removal instruction (http://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads...00%20474-1.pdf), and sorry for those I forget but thanks...

Everything ran well to remove parts and hack the ML; I tested on a few miles and everything looked ok. I did not use the switch button hack because I was already able to enter destinations while driving (how is it possible?because I updated with brand new Nav CDs?).

I would not say it's easy to do, but if you take your time, clear your area of wife+children, and read CAREFULLY the first page you won't spend more than one hour to do this. It took me 1H30 just because I check and double check and wondering again and again if I really want to cut these wires...
Old 10-20-11, 11:09 PM
Autolinks
Driver School Candidate

Default new 11 350f owner

hello
i am a new is owner,
browsed through this thread since page 40 and can't seem to see if there is a bypass (i understand from what i read 10+ models are different from 06-09)

i have found a reference to this module http://www.prestigioussociety.com
through this thread
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...av-bypass.html

is there any other solutions available?
I guess my model does not play dvds either?
my car does not make any reference to the ML system,

would love to be able to enter destinations or at least enter a phone number while driving or anything!

any info?
Old 10-21-11, 01:55 AM
BeatSonic
Sponsor

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Autolinks
hello
i am a new is owner,
browsed through this thread since page 40 and can't seem to see if there is a bypass (i understand from what i read 10+ models are different from 06-09)

i have found a reference to this module http://www.prestigioussociety.com
through this thread
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...av-bypass.html

is there any other solutions available?
I guess my model does not play dvds either?
my car does not make any reference to the ML system,

would love to be able to enter destinations or at least enter a phone number while driving or anything!

any info?
Another solution is the Beat-Sonic kit. We are currently doing a group buy special for Club Lexus members. Details to the group buy are located here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...nd-nt3203.html

Please let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/
Old 10-22-11, 07:07 AM
adamlease
Driver School Candidate

New guy here. Can someone tell me if the 2010 IS250 AWD w/ML will allow the DVD playback while driving?
Old 10-22-11, 07:18 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Wow 61 pages. Someone may or may not have asked but I'm not gonna read through 61 pages. So question is, is it possible to get a non ML to play dvd??? And is it even possible to add a usb port and play movies off a thumb drive?
Old 10-24-11, 05:12 PM
Autolinks
Driver School Candidate

i almost feel like they should have locked this thread with the info that we are looking to find.
i read through pages 40-60 and couldn't find any info on 2011 model.
Old 01-09-12, 11:38 AM
Tildayven
Driver School Candidate

anyone in here from Virginia that have this done? I can't even take apart a cell phone without breaking stuffs talking doing this myself lolz. if anyone in VA have done this, please let me know. Well after I drop my car off for a full check up before warranty expire and an oil change service and i'll do it.

Thanks
Old 03-30-12, 08:51 PM
tinbui
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tim871 , thanks 4 sharing .

Quick Reply: Navigation Hack DIY Part One - Enable DVD, Phonebook & MP3 Folder While Moving