IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Torn between the Colors

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-05, 11:41 AM
NjDude
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Torn between the Colors

Not sure if this has been posted before. I am still debating between colors, Red, Glacier, Blue or white. The blue looks really nice in these pics.

http://www.auto123.com/en/info/news/...id=52696&make=
Old 12-15-05, 11:59 AM
ianneub
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you seen the red in person? Looks great with the sun on it.
Old 12-15-05, 12:40 PM
NjDude
Pole Position

Yes I have seen Red in person, but not in sun light, only show room lights. I do like the color. But I would like to see other colors in person as well.
Old 12-15-05, 12:44 PM
Goldglv
Driver

I've seen the blue in person, it looks VERY nice. The only thing I didn't like about it was the view from the back. You have the clue color of the car, the red tailights and the yellow blinkers. Just too many colors so close together for me. This may not make too much sense but it immediately turned me off when I saw it from the back. Other than that, the blue is nice, darker than the blue on the IS300.
Old 12-15-05, 12:48 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ianneub
Have you seen the red in person? Looks great with the sun on it.
i like the red a lot but just not quite fit my personality.

i have black s2k and now my IS is silver. i like the white but my girl got the white one.

black is really nice but i just don't have the time to take care both black vehicles.
Old 12-15-05, 04:25 PM
JoesIS250
Driver

Originally Posted by NjDude
Not sure if this has been posted before. I am still debating between colors, Red, Glacier, Blue or white. The blue looks really nice in these pics.

http://www.auto123.com/en/info/news/...id=52696&make=
with blue onyx you get the blue color during the day with the sunlight but at night or on a cloudy day it looks black so you get best of both worlds. red i must admit is very pretty and my brother has the white one so that looks nice as well. i really dont think youll go wrong with any of the choices since all in all its a really nice looking car regardless of the color.
Old 12-15-05, 04:39 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My two cents:

Matador Red is a mature masculine sleek red. Not too sporty like a Ducati, or too bright like clown red. Very racy voluptuous color.

Blue Onyx is a great color. Blue by day, black by night. A little more character than simple black. Very young for my taste. It would be more mature if the blue was a little more gray, like that found on BMW.

Glacier Frost is an interesting color. Like Blue Onyx, it has double personalities depending on the light. Silver on one hand, and a feminine purply blue on another. A little more character than Crystal White.

Crystal White is not my favorite white. It does not have the pearl effect of other white paints such as those found on the SC or Toyota Solara. If it only had that sparkle, I would have gotten that color.

The other blue, Breakwater Blue, is blue in light, gray in the dark. Very young color; but stands out in a crowd. Clean and crisp looking; a fresh alternative/compromise to your typical silver or blue paint job.

Drumroll...................... I got myself the Breakwater Blue with Black interior.
Enjoy making your decision! I did.
Old 12-15-05, 07:02 PM
Kailua250
Driver

Blue Onyx is awesome. I get so many compliments on it. The comments about the color apearing different in different lighting situations is the best aspect. If you want to go dark, go Blue Onyx. If you want to go light, I like the Glacier Frost. That color is spectacular.
Old 12-15-05, 11:54 PM
geri&eric
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
The other blue, Breakwater Blue, is blue in light, gray in the dark. Very young color; but stands out in a crowd. Clean and crisp looking; a fresh alternative/compromise to your typical silver or blue paint job.
i agree. got myself the bwb and my boyfriend and i love it!
Old 12-16-05, 12:07 AM
heyheyhey
Rookie

crystal white Hands down best color....

Glaicer frost is nice because it has more sparkle... But when you put it next to a crystal... it looks like a dull, more Off white... doesn't look as Clean...
crystal has SOME Sparkle specks, you can tell when its in the sunlight.
Also at night black/dark cars don't stand out as much as lighter cars. But I must say black looks REALLY nice when its washed and waxed.
Old 12-16-05, 12:12 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

I personally think the Matador Red is the best looking color for this car. But thats my opinion. The red in sunlight is just rediculous.

I also like the Glacier Frost as ithink its a very unique color(which it is and rare), but it might be hard to color match for maybe boykits or repairs). But my goodness that hint of blue in the paint is AWSOME. Its definitely a soft color that fits better on models like the more Touring GS-class or maybe the LS.

Havent seen the Blue Onyx yet, but I think it would look good. And the pure white looks good as well.

LOL...good luck making a choice. I dont think I was much help as I basically like all the color choices you suggested.
Old 12-16-05, 01:48 AM
Badman Forever
Lead Lap

just get the one that becomes available first. all those colors are pimp.
Old 12-16-05, 06:48 AM
NjDude
Pole Position

Thank you for the feed back. After reading the post, I have made a decision, drum roll ….. I am getting Cashmere interior ….. but I still need to see all these colors in person to make up my mind. Have to see which color looks best with the IS shape. I know I will not get the Black or Silver, as my current car is silver. May be I should wait for this weather to settle in North East and see when the dealer have the colors in …
Old 12-16-05, 11:19 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by NjDude
Thank you for the feed back. After reading the post, I have made a decision, drum roll ….. I am getting Cashmere interior ….. but I still need to see all these colors in person to make up my mind. Have to see which color looks best with the IS shape. I know I will not get the Black or Silver, as my current car is silver. May be I should wait for this weather to settle in North East and see when the dealer have the colors in …
HURRY AND SHOW US THE SURPRISES
Old 12-16-05, 11:41 AM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Go Blue Onyx Pearl and you won't regret it. Just gotta be really careful in maintaining it.

Quick Reply: Torn between the Colors