IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

New owner!! some questions....

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-05, 11:19 AM
business1s
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New owner!! some questions....

Hi, i finally got the IS 350 i wanted, i got the Navi, and 18 chrome wheels. I'll post pics when i can find my usb cable. anyways driving this car is ridiculously better than a vette. I have a few questions, i cant seem to find the thread about some guy in so cal that would make it so you could input new destinations while moving, could anyone point me in the right direction? also the thread about disabling the seatbelt alarm? thanks
Old 12-08-05, 11:26 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Congrats!

Please try out the 'advanced search' feature of the forum to look for these threads.

Here's the one (or at least a link) to the Nav one you're looking for

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=187323

For the seatbelts, I just searched for the keyword "seatbelt warning" and pointed at the IS - Second Generation Forum

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sea...earchid=381389

Came up right away with this thread
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...atbelt+warning
Old 12-08-05, 11:31 AM
Cypren
Driver

Originally Posted by business1s
Hi, i finally got the IS 350 i wanted, i got the Navi, and 18 chrome wheels. I'll post pics when i can find my usb cable. anyways driving this car is ridiculously better than a vette. I have a few questions, i cant seem to find the thread about some guy in so cal that would make it so you could input new destinations while moving, could anyone point me in the right direction? also the thread about disabling the seatbelt alarm? thanks
Forum search is a wonderful thing.

You don't need any actual modifications to allow you to input destinations while moving. You just need to know how to access the nav system service menu.
  1. Press the Menu button.
  2. Select Volume.
  3. Tap the upper-left corner of the screen.
  4. Tap the lower-left corner of the screen (in the empty black space).
  5. Tap the upper left corner again.
  6. Tap the lower left corner again. If you've done it right, you should now be looking at the Service Menu.
  7. Tap and hold "Override" for five seconds.
  8. The "Override" button should now light up blue and you will be able to use all the nav system functions regardless of motion until you turn the car off. (You will have to repeat this process every time you turn on the car, but it CAN be done while the car is in motion.)
As a note, DON'T play with any other options in the service menu unless you know what you're doing. There are plenty of ways to completely screw up your car.

Also, the nav override does not override other safety functions for non-navigation systems, even if they are accessed through the touchscreen (such as the ability to manually dial your phone via the touchscreen, or watch DVD movies on the ML system).

The seatbelt alarm thread is here. You'll find the step-by-step instructions in this post.
Old 12-08-05, 02:01 PM
Lexustom
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow. You mean I'm going to like my new IS350 better than my C5 Corvette convert? I can ALMOST believe that. Now I really am anxious for delivery. Hopefully this Feb.
Old 12-08-05, 05:25 PM
business1s
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lexustom
Wow. You mean I'm going to like my new IS350 better than my C5 Corvette convert? I can ALMOST believe that. Now I really am anxious for delivery. Hopefully this Feb.
I just did the trade and i honestly like it better than the vette. The vette is all about speed and getting looks from other people, but the lexus is about comfort and luxury, and enough speed for former C5 owners to enjoy
Old 12-08-05, 05:56 PM
Lexustom
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just did the trade and i honestly like it better than the vette. The vette is all about speed and getting looks from other people, but the lexus is about comfort and luxury, and enough speed for former C5 owners to enjoy

Fortunately I'll be keeping the C5. It's a 6 speed and I do love manuals. All that said I do believe that the new IS350 brings enough to the table that I'll be one happy guy. My guess is that even the IS will get (and for those who are lucky enough to already have one) does get looks from other people. Not that I care of course. Well, maybe just a little.